CS-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.1.1 Released, CS-Cart Facebook App Is Coming

Guys,

That's right, we haven't launched upgrades yet. We will run several dozens tonight.

The problem is in this bug: Error Message "aw, Snap ..." - Issues & Troubleshooting - CS-Cart Community Forums

This is a bug of Chrome browser 32.x

At the moment we are working on 4.1.2, we plan to release it this week. It will include only two changes:

1. Fix for the Chrome browser (do not think the Chrome team will fix this problem quickly)
  2. Some fixes that will make themes from 4.0.x compatible with 4.1.2 (this is a major factor for the third-party developers)

Just a little bit patience and you will get your 4.1!

Sounds good!

Thanks for the update imac :)

Sounds good indeed. Fingers crossed for “this week” then…

[quote name=‘imac’ timestamp=‘1390312190’ post=‘175647’] 2) Some fixes that will make themes from 4.0.x compatible with 4.1.2 (this is a major factor for the third-party developers) Just a little bit patience and you will get your 4.1! [/quote]

:grin: :grin: :grin::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:8) 8) 8)

You get the point.

I did upgrade to 4.1.1 from 4.03 and my site crashes. I tried to reach the tech support. And I cannot leave a message the message box it is not working when you want to send a message.

Could some one get back to me from cscart support. This is a disaster. I should of wait and not update.

Thank you,

Albert

I did a fresh install of 4.1.1 and configured everything, to update to 4.1.2 will it be an easy thing to do?

Curious if 4.1.2 will allow me to upgrade from 4.0.3 and preserve the changes I have made in the following tpl files?

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … t_long_options_template.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … ducts/products_scroller.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … ist_templates/grid_list.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … manager/render/location.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … mponents/product_images.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … nts/quick_view_template.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … uick_view_template_long.tpl[/font][/color]

I’ve working thousand of hours uploading products in my store, I only hope that everything will be ok after the upgrade.

if something wrong, I’ll get crazy. :shock: If so, I trust that the team of cscart could repair the eventual mess asap.

[quote name='medical' timestamp='1390414275' post='175811']

I did a fresh install of 4.1.1 and configured everything, to update to 4.1.2 will it be an easy thing to do?

[/quote]

Yes, that will be an easy upgrade.

[quote name='salvag' timestamp='1390420155' post='175815']

Curious if 4.1.2 will allow me to upgrade from 4.0.3 and preserve the changes I have made in the following tpl files?

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … t_long_options_template.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … ducts/products_scroller.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … ist_templates/grid_list.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … manager/render/location.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … mponents/product_images.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … nts/quick_view_template.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]design/themes/basic/templat … uick_view_template_long.tpl[/font][/color]

[/quote]

You will see the templates that are going to be overwritten at the second step of upgrade process.

As I can see all of the listed files will be replaced with new.

[quote name=‘Username’ timestamp=‘1390450712’ post=‘175834’]

I’ve working thousand of hours uploading products in my store, I only hope that everything will be ok after the upgrade.

if something wrong, I’ll get crazy. :shock: If so, I trust that the team of cscart could repair the eventual mess asap.

[/quote]

You can ask our tech support to upgrade your store. In this case, you can be sure that everything will go smoothly.

[quote name='albertpro' timestamp='1390407353' post='175796']

I did upgrade to 4.1.1 from 4.03 and my site crashes. I tried to reach the tech support. And I cannot leave a message the message box it is not working when you want to send a message.

Could some one get back to me from cscart support. This is a disaster. I should of wait and not update.

Thank you,

Albert

[/quote]

Dear Albert,

Have you solve you problem, did tech support replied to you?

If the problem still exists please let me know, I will find out why you have not got an answer yet.

Hi imac,

There are working as of now. There were an issue on posting the problem on support page also and that was the frustration for not able to get hold of them which got fixed.

I will let you know the result, and thank you for follow up.

Albert

Hey guys,

I just did the upgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.1.1 from the Upgrade Center.

I applied the fix for the aw snap bug that was posted in the forums and it's working.

But this upgrade caused me a big inconvenience: Where i try to add feature values to a product and i click the dropdown box it doesn't show the previously entered values (-variants) as it did before. If i enter a value exactly like it is on other products it matches it and it doesn't cause any problems. But still this can cause a lot of frustration when dealing with complex features like server specifications…

A temp solution is to create a dummy product and apply each and every spec to it so they become available again.

I only hope this doesn't happen when i go from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 again…

Thanks.

EDIT: It's even worse…In every product i see the feature sets of ALL categories!! So what actually happened is that you cannot lock a feature set to one category anymore…

Can i please get a confirmation or even a solution for this please?

[size=4]EDIT2: It's even worse…In every product i see the feature sets of ALL categories [color=#ff0000]under the same parent category[/color]!! So what actually happened is that you cannot lock a feature set to one [color=#ff0000]sub[/color]category anymore…[/size]

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1390461315' post='175848']

Dear Albert,

Have you solve you problem, did tech support replied to you?

If the problem still exists please let me know, I will find out why you have not got an answer yet.

[/quote]

Hi imac

They did fixed the problem and they were saying supposedly there were server error during installation. I am not sure what that suppose to mean. Since I do have two store with this cart. The other store it is not working, after they did the upgrade to 4.1.1

Plus there is an issue on chrome as you mentioned and it is not working. And I am worry about next week upgrade of 4.1.2

I have done so many upgrade since I had the cart for many years, but this was very uncomfortable. And It effected our business big time.

Thanks,

Albert

Hello

A few questions:

Will version 4.1.2 re-enable developer css?

Or should we start searching the core to manually disable it while developing?

Also can you be a little more specific about :

2) Some fixes that will make themes from 4.0.x compatible with 4.1.2 (this is a major factor for the third-party developers)

Should we stop adapting themes to 4.1.1 and wait until 4.1.2 is launched?

The theme installation folder structure is pretty straightforward.

Haven't got to the addon installation yet but a if you can answer a few questions before I get started it will be very appreciated:

Does the installation of the addon thru archive just unpacks the files inside that archive in the root cscart folder?

Where can I read about the folder structure of an addon so that it is installed in app/addon folder, design/backend/templates/addons and design/theme/[theme_name]/… etc.?

Thank you

About dev_css, I have a solution, but I use it only for local development. BTW turning off CSS compilation was a very helpful feature in 4.0.3. I'm very sad, that it is not available in 4.1.1

I tried the “one click add-on install” function. It is good and works perfectly. It unzips your file's content to the root, if the folder structure is correct.

php code:

/app/addons

backend template files:

/design/backend

frontend template files:

/var/themes_repository/basic/

[quote name='dezu' timestamp='1390496732' post='175886']

Hello

A few questions:

2) Some fixes that will make themes from 4.0.x compatible with 4.1.2 (this is a major factor for the third-party developers)

Haven't got to the addon installation yet but a if you can answer a few questions before I get started it will be very appreciated:

Does the installation of the addon thru archive just unpacks the files inside that archive in the root cscart folder?

Where can I read about the folder structure of an addon so that it is installed in app/addon folder, design/backend/templates/addons and design/theme/[theme_name]/… etc.?

Thank you

[/quote]

[quote name='angelo' timestamp='1390473240' post='175865']

Hey guys,

I just did the upgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.1.1 from the Upgrade Center.

I applied the fix for the aw snap bug that was posted in the forums and it's working.

But this upgrade caused me a big inconvenience: Where i try to add feature values to a product and i click the dropdown box it doesn't show the previously entered values (-variants) as it did before. If i enter a value exactly like it is on other products it matches it and it doesn't cause any problems. But still this can cause a lot of frustration when dealing with complex features like server specifications…

A temp solution is to create a dummy product and apply each and every spec to it so they become available again.

I only hope this doesn't happen when i go from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 again…

Thanks.

EDIT: It's even worse…In every product i see the feature sets of ALL categories!! So what actually happened is that you cannot lock a feature set to one category anymore…

[size=4]EDIT2: It's even worse…In every product i see the feature sets of ALL categories [color=#ff0000]under the same parent category[/color]!! So what actually happened is that you cannot lock a feature set to one [color=#ff0000]sub[/color]category anymore…[/size]

[/quote]

This is a bug in v4.1.1 http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-4868-feature-groups-dont-work-in-411/ and it is confirmed.

It will be fixed in 4.1.3 and suppose we will be able to provide a fix nex week. Track the changes in Bugtracker.

Hello

A few questions:

[/quote]

Unfortunately we had to cut this feature off. It caused too much problems with theme editor, so it won't be enabled in 4.1.2.

At the moment, we are working on a new responsive theme where all styles will be stored in less files. So there won't be separate style files.

We understand how important dev tools are and will think about delivering alternatives in the nearest versions.

[/quote]

The sooner you update your themes to 4.1.x the better. The point is that in 4.1.2 we added some backword compatibility for 4.0.3 themes. The main concern here is to give developers enough time to update their existing themes to the new version. In 4.2.x, backward compatibility with 4.0.x will be dropped.

Thank you

[/quote]

drahos.istvan gave you correct information.

We are working on new devs docs, I think it will answer your questions http://docs2.cs-cart…irectories.html