CS-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.1.1 Released, CS-Cart Facebook App Is Coming

After a clean install of 4.1.1 I cannot upload vendor logos anymore. Do you know what I should do? Is it a bug of the new version? Does anyone else have the same problem?

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1390461211' post='175847']

You can ask our tech support to upgrade your store. In this case, you can be sure that everything will go smoothly.

[/quote]

How about updating the Knowledge Base with some instructions on how to upgrade in a safe and secure way. Then your support team can focus on more important things. The instructions in the Knowledge Base is for version 1.3.5 and feels a little outdated.

Any chance of getting an answer as to when the Upgrade Centre will allow upgrades? Currently using 4.0.3 and get the message “No upgrades currently available”

Post #41 in this thread. Last upgrade took about two weeks to get around to me.

In version 4.0.3 there are 14 language. In the version 4.1.1 only 7. Will be added rest of languages in future?

omg this is always fun, #1 never upgrade a live store, NEVER, make a copy on temp.domain.com and use that if all ok then you go live

i learned this the hard way…back in v1

next… css debug is the MOST USEFULL tool in there for DEV's, we need to know easily what css overlaps on another etc and browsing a 3k file is bad .

why aint there a changelog in here pinned ?

[quote name='tmv' timestamp='1390656303' post='176044']

In version 4.0.3 there are 14 language. In the version 4.1.1 only 7. Will be added rest of languages in future?

[/quote]

Im guessing its because they are far from complete. You can contribute to the translation of CS-Cart here:

http://translate.cs-cart.com/projects/cs-cart/4.1.2

can we get a discount code for all problems we had ? ;)

this has been a nightmare and hopefully 4.1.1 wont get dropped by SE’s SERP…

[quote name=‘stevethi’ timestamp=‘1390647833’ post=‘176036’] Any chance of getting an answer as to when the Upgrade Centre will allow upgrades? Currently using 4.0.3 and get the message “No upgrades currently available” [/quote]

yeah they delay until your sub expires … anyhow that what happened here

[quote name=‘imac’ timestamp=‘1390312190’ post=‘175647’]

Guys,

That’s right, we haven’t launched upgrades yet. We will run several dozens tonight.

The problem is in this bug: http://forum.cs-cart…essage-aw-snap/

This is a bug of Chrome browser 32.x

At the moment we are working on 4.1.2, we plan to release it this week. It will include only two changes:

1. Fix for the Chrome browser (do not think the Chrome team will fix this problem quickly)
  2. Some fixes that will make themes from 4.0.x compatible with 4.1.2 (this is a major factor for the third-party developers)

Just a little bit patience and you will get your 4.1!

[/quote]

can we get this fix ?

never mind found it,

now just get back the language files… help contribute to what ? it’s already done in 4.0.3 …

unless french changed dictionaries in the last 2 months ;)

at least make it avail and we can work on it

[quote name='Onkel_Sid' timestamp='1390589201' post='175981']

How about updating the Knowledge Base with some instructions on how to upgrade in a safe and secure way. Then your support team can focus on more important things. The instructions in the Knowledge Base is for version 1.3.5 and feels a little outdated.

[/quote]

There is no difference between upgrade in v3.0.x and v4.0.x or v4.1.x So you can use this article CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Anyway we will update it shortly.

[quote name='vanderex' timestamp='1390665095' post='176052']

omg this is always fun, #1 never upgrade a live store, NEVER, make a copy on temp.domain.com and use that if all ok then you go live

[/quote]

That's right, it is recommended to have a full backup of your store before you start an upgrade.

Besides, there is an ability to revert the changes done by an upgrade. During the upgrade process, there will be a red notification with a link. With this linkl you can easily restore your original store.

next… css debug is the MOST USEFULL tool in there for DEV's, we need to know easily what css overlaps on another etc and browsing a 3k file is bad .

[/quote]

Please refer to this post: CS-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.1.1 Released, CS-Cart Facebook App Is Coming - Page 3 - News and Announcements - CS-Cart Community Forums - Page 3

why aint there a changelog in here pinned ?

[/quote]

You can find a changelog for each version at this page: Version History — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Hi,

Is 4.1.2 released? I see the files in my file area on the help desk?

Please confirm if this is a maintenance release or bug fix release?

Thanks

Simon

CS-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.1.2 Released, Brings Google Chrome Fix, Security Improvement, And 4.0.x Theme Support - News and Announcements - CS-Cart Community Forums

[quote name='JGift' timestamp='1390908413' post='176174']

Hi,

Is 4.1.2 released? I see the files in my file area on the help desk?

Please confirm if this is a maintenance release or bug fix release?

Thanks

Simon

[/quote]

Just got this message while updating 4.0.3 to 4.1.1… Never had this before…4.1.1 to 4.1.2 upgraded ok.

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

and soon after…

Error occurred: post upgradeDuplicate key name 'object_id' b[/b]: ALTER TABLE cscart_supplier_links ADD KEY object_id (object_id,object_type)

Error occurred: post upgradeUnknown column 'b.url' in 'field list' b[/b]: UPDATE cscart_banner_descriptions as bd LEFT JOIN cscart_banners as b ON bd.banner_id = b.banner_id SET bd.url = b.url

“…grade. During the upgrade process, there will be a red notification with a link. With this linkl you can easily restore your original store.

When I tried the link i got a file permission error.

When I upgraded to 4.1.1 a lot of the html blocks/grids I had on the frontpage vanished. Could be an addon as no one else seems to have had this problem.

Hello, please show me how to solve the problem after the upgrade 4.0.3 - 4.1.2

The fact is that with all the characteristics of different categories of steel shown in the same product, because of this there is no possibility to add new products, as I have hundreds of features.

How to fix it?

after the upgrade to 4.1.1 the secure conection is all the time active in all products. this is normal? I don’t want to keep the secure conection all the time. only in the checkout, how can I fix it?

Also dissapear the option “keep the secure conection when a secure page is visited” (or something like that) why?

edit

[quote name='kmolchanov' timestamp='1389785114' post='175182']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]This release includes numerous improvements and fixes, as well as introduces some new features:[/font][/color][list]

[*]Add-ons and themes can be installed from stand-alone archives

[/list]

[/quote]

How about a short guide on how to make addons as [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]stand-alone archives, with file-structure and such. Cant find any information on this.[/font][/color]

Hi Onkel,

I have just checked the code which install add-ons. You just need the keep the default CS-Cart file structure to install the module from the stand-alone archive.

Please check this article to find the required directories and some other notes regarding the add-ons:

Add-on Directories — CS-Cart 4.1.x documentation

Note that only the following extensions are supported: 'tgz', 'gz', 'zip'

[quote name='Onkel_Sid' timestamp='1394434858' post='179028']

How about a short guide on how to make addons as [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]stand-alone archives, with file-structure and such. Cant find any information on this.[/font][/color]

[/quote]