Clook Internet Services

Afternoon everyone, Does anyone happen to have any idea as to what has happened with Clook internet services at all please? Is anyone hosted with them?

I'm hosted with them and I am completely offline… As are they by the looks of things!

They were excellent when I moved to them about a year ago but they seem to be doing maintenance all the time at the moment and now there seems to be a major problem.

network maintenance…although it was only ment to last 30mins or so, has been down since about midnight last night. looks as though all contact has been lost including phone servers and support portalsoff-site servers, try tweeting them: twitter.com/clookinternet

Thanks for that… I've just tweeted them (don't know why I didn' think to find them on Twitter before now).

Looks like the servers are back online all.

Can someone of you, “CLOOK” customers, explain what happened??? I would be interested to know that…

[quote name='indy0077' timestamp='1329241069' post='131248']

Can someone of you, “CLOOK” customers, explain what happened??? I would be interested to know that…

[/quote]

They completed scheduled server maintenance during the midnight hour and were presented with complications as a result.

At least they didn't allow their domains to expire, go down without cause nor provide any form of assistance (ie Twitter) to their customers. I don't host with Clook, but I've referred UK/EU based clients to whom I support.

[quote name='indy0077' timestamp='1329241069' post='131248']

[/quote]

WHY??? LOL

CLOOK are a prime example of how a hosting company should conduct their business during an outage (Short or Long).

I am with clook and been with them for a few years now. When they had this unforseen complication(s) they sent me an email approx every 60mins to keep me informed.

We have had several emails after the event to fully explain all of the problems and complications they had and in addition to this we have also been offered compensation for any downtime!

They are in my humble opinion the best UK hosting company by far and ALWAYS communicate and NEVER try to sell you products.

Finally I would recommend CLOOK to anyone based in the UK.

Please use link below to see for yourself!

http://www.clook.co.uk

Barry

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1329309420' post='131289']

[url=“http://www.clook.co.uk/186-0-1-8.html”]http://www.clook.co.uk/186-0-1-8.html[/url]

[/quote]

Is that an affiliate link kind sir?

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1329386143' post='131390']

Is that an affiliate link kind sir?

[/quote]

OOPS!

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1329463011' post='131459']

OOPS!

[/quote]

A “Yes” would suffice…

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1329488337' post='131473']

A “Yes” would suffice…

[/quote]

Yes!!! Have removed the offending bit.

Just copied a link I had, never thought about the affilate bit.

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1329493283' post='131479']

Yes!!! Have removed the offending bit.

Just copied a link I had, never thought about the affilate bit.

[/quote]

you mean the one I quoted? No need to remove it if you indeed use them. Just don't spam-al-la-pop.

J.

Hello,

Are they a good hosting company or not?

I'm looking for a new hosting company.

Thanks

Tom

Definately a good hosting company. Their core servers work very well with cs-cart installs.

[quote name='AmitP' timestamp='1331736781' post='133107']

Definately a good hosting company. Their core servers work very well with cs-cart installs.

[/quote]

Hi Amit,

it seems, that you was unhappy with Martfox and the “package” you have used, but it was the cheapest one you was on - EUR 1.80/month. So I want to know, if you are so happy with Clook, what package are you currently using and what it costs.

Thanks

We are still currently using Martfox and are happy with the speed of the website but we have another site hosted with Clook.

If I switch to another hosting company, will that mess up my links in google search?

Thanks

Tom

Nope, it shouldn't.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='tom437' timestamp='1331788956' post='133156']

If I switch to another hosting company, will that mess up my links in google search?

Thanks

Tom

[/quote]

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1331863904' post='133227']

Nope, it shouldn't.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

Yes it will if you move the hosting geographically. This will impact your SEO, not URLS.