"check Out With Paypal" From Cart Page = 404

Testing out my shopping cart a day or two ago and if I click on the “Check out with PayPal” button at the bottom of the cart page, it takes me to a 404 page not found. Any ideas why that might be?

The URL it tries to go to is:

www.mysite.com/app/addons/paypal/payments/paypal_express.php

Thanks in advance for any insights on this.

[attachment=9686:Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 4.16.13 PM.png]

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 4.16.13 PM.png

hi,

so if you open [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]www.mysite.com/app/addons/paypal/payments/paypal_express.php, it shows 404[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]it might be a problem with .htaccess or permissions of the file[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]in addition, you can try to add code line:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]die('test');[/font][/color]

right after tag in app/addons/paypal/payments/paypal_express.php and call the file by [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]www.mysite.com/app/addons/paypal/payments/paypal_express.php to check if the file is available or not.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]p.s. don't forget to remove this line after the test[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]note: finally please try to clean up the template cache…it helps sometimes for strange issues.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]best regards,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]WSA team[/font][/color]

Thanks Damir.

I did what you said…added that bit of code after the php tag, the cleared the cache, but it made no difference. I still get a 404. I'm really confused how that can be a 404 when the file is quite clearly there on my site.

I've removed the snippet of code now like you said.

Any other ideas?

well, 3 more guesses:

1. make sure that the PayPal module is installed and Active under menu Addons - Manage add-ons
  2. smth is wrong with .htaccess or mod_rewrite configuration on the server
  3. try to experiment with permissions/owners of the folders and file:

- app/addons/paypal/payments/paypal_express.php

- app/addons/paypal/payments/

- app/addons/paypal/

- app/addons/

- app/

note: for this permissions should be 755 for folders and 644 for files.

if it doesn't help, please contact cs-cart support team

best regards,

WSA team
  1. Addon is installed and active.
  2. htaccess file in the “payments” folder contains:

Order deny,allow

Allow from all

Options -Indexes

3. The file “paypal_express.php” has 644 permissions

The folders “paypal” and “payments” both have 777 permissions

Button should be on right yours on left, maybe some problem in tpl

Try to temporary rename .htaceess files in the following directories and check the result:

- app/addons/paypal/payments/

- app/addons/paypal/

- app/addons/

- app/

Did this with the exact same result: I get taken to a 404 page.

It is required to examine the issue directly on your server. Please contact CS-Cart support team or provide us with the temporary FTP access

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1434216409' post='218647']

1. Addon is installed and active.
  2. htaccess file in the “payments” folder contains:

Order deny,allow

Allow from all

Options -Indexes

3. The file “paypal_express.php” has 644 permissions

The folders “paypal” and “payments” both have 777 permissions

[/quote]

On my side was 0666 and changed to 0755 fix it, you try also this ?

[quote name='Vali' timestamp='1435557803' post='220760']

On my side was 0666 and changed to 0755 fix it, you try also this ?

[/quote]

We have already fixed this problem. There was permissions issue

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1435575089' post='220804']

We have already fixed this problem. There was permissions issue

[/quote]

Can you please post what were the permissions on to what value did you change it.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1435616399' post='220914']

Can you please post what were the permissions on to what value did you change it.

[/quote]

Sure, one of the following directories had 777 permissions:

app/addons/paypal/payments

The issue is not fixed.

With permissions on paypal_express.php set to 666, I get a 404 not found when going to that page. The cart contents are retained.

With permissions set to 644, I do not get a 404 not found. The cart page is refreshed and the cart contents emptied.

Either way, this is not what's supposed to happen and could be very frustrating for customers.

Sounds creepy kingsleypress. Hope you get it sorted and more importantly

( for the rest of us ) that the fix is posted here.

Yesterday I upgraded my site to 4.3.3. Unfortunately this does not solve the problem. I will contact helpdesk about it.

Related question.

Does the template selected affect anything ?

Unless you select the template first while the payment processor is set to 'offline',

once you select Paypal the template becomes greyed and fixed ?

(Group).jpg

Helpdesk has been working on this for several days and still don't have a solution. I had to buy more support credits. They are thinking it is caused by a third party addon.

Never mind.

That's crap. A whole month and you still have a broken cart. It's not like support needs a ouija board.

They are 'thinking' it's a third party add on ?? You are having to pay much much more than a penny for their 'thoughts.