"check Out With Paypal" From Cart Page = 404

Well, to be fair I only lodged the ticked on July 9th and this is the 15th. I had decided to wait until I upgraded to 4.3.3 to see if that fixed it.

Still kingsleypress, it must be feeling like forever for you.

I have same problem before. In my case, it is a folder permission problem.

By removing deny access to the /app/ folder, problem is solved.

If ghostrider's solution works for you Kingsleypress then ask support why THEY didn't

make that one of their expensive 'thoughts'.

I'm fairly confident permissions would have been one of the first things they tried.

OK I now have an answer from Helpdesk:

[color=#000000]It seems that the problem occurs because of using Suhosin extension on your server. We have created the following check-up:[/color]

$isSuhosinInstalled = ini_get('suhosin.session.max_id_length') !== '';
echo $isSuhosinInstalled;

[color=#000000]This check-up returns 1 value. It means that there is a session restriction on your server. Please contact your server administrators and ask them to solve the issues with the sessions on your server.[/color]

[color=#000000]I passed this on to my hosting support and they said this:[/color]

[size=2][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Thank you for contacting us. We will gladly help with this.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Can you ask them what the recommended values would be in this case?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Is it just “suhosin.session.max_id_[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]length” or does anything else need to be changed?[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]So, does anyone know if this is all, or is there something else to be changed? Or do I need to just wait until Monday when Helpdesk returns?[/font][/size]

Wonder if you will be charged more support credits for the 'full' answer.

This is the answer I got from Helpdesk this morning:

[font=Verdana][size=3]Unfortunately, I am not the expert of the field in setting up the Suhosin extension. I recommend you to increase the value as much as it is possible on your server or disable the Suhosin extension at all.[/size][/font]

I've passed this on to my hosting provider. Hopefully they will know what to do and this will be fixed. I'll post back here either way.

My host set:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=1]suhosin.session.max_id_length = 256[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=1]and everything seems to be working fine now.[/size][/font]

Who did you get a the help desk…the cleaner ?

Seems odd that they couldn't offer a better solution than 'We know what's wrong but don't have

a clue how to fix it'. Is the suhosin module something that came into being a few days ago ?

Glad it's up and running for you kingsleypress.

Nothing worse than a broken cart that wasn't broken by you yet you have to play the waiting

game.

Probably not everyone is running suhosin. This is why it's sometimes difficult for CS Cart support to diagnose all problems quickly, because there are so many variables when everyone is running their own server with different configurations, different versions of PHP, MySQL, etc. We should probably be thankful that we still have a self-hosted cart instead of being locked into a SAAS cart where you'r paying a large monthly fee.

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1437445180' post='223682']

Who did you get a the help desk…the cleaner ?

Seems odd that they couldn't offer a better solution than 'We know what's wrong but don't have

a clue how to fix it'. Is the suhosin module something that came into being a few days ago ?

Glad it's up and running for you kingsleypress.

Nothing worse than a broken cart that wasn't broken by you yet you have to play the waiting

game.

[/quote]

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1437478206' post='223760']

Probably not everyone is running suhosin. This is why it's sometimes difficult for CS Cart support to diagnose all problems quickly, because there are so many variables when everyone is running their own server with different configurations, different versions of PHP, MySQL, etc. We should probably be thankful that we still have a self-hosted cart instead of being locked into a SAAS cart where you'r paying a large monthly fee.

[/quote]

Suhosin is a kind of extras that have tons of configuration. And we never use it when configure the servers - there could be many hidden problems depending on configuraiton.

So when there are some unexplained problems we first check Suhosin.

In short - it is evil.

I have always imagined that the routine for checking server configurations is

along the lines of the routine run during initial installation.

It does appear however that Suhosin is most likely 'evil'.