Can't Login to Admin - Frontend Is Fine

This morning I cannot login to the admin of my site. The front end of the site is working fine. I upgraded to the latest version of the site last night, but the backend was working fine after that. What could have changed and where should I be looking to fix this?

Now I’m getting a 500 server error.

I was able to get to the log in screen one time, but when I logged in I just got a white screen. I have contact my host and they say it’s a CS-Cart problem since the frontend is working fine.

So it seems it’s just the home page of the admin. If I go directly to, for example, the orders page, it will load just fine. Any help on this would be appreciated.

I would try deleting the files in /var/cache/. If it still acts up after that, view the page source of the 500 server error and post the error that is at the bottom of the view source page.

I have several cache folders:
var/cache
var/cache11
var/cache22
var/cache44

Delete all of them?

I’ve never seen that before but the one that is used is /var/cache/. I would guess that the others are backup.?

Yes, delete all of them

If it does not help, check server error logs

@ecomlabs have you ever seen other cache folders like that? Is the system creating those?

OK I’ve deleted all the cache folders. Same result. I can get to the login page and enter my credentials, but then when I submit that it takes me to a 500 error page. If I then go to the orders page or whatever, I can do that just fine.

@ecomlabs where am I looking for the server error logs?

View the page source of the 500 error page. It should show the error at the bottom.

View Source just brings up a blank page…

Then you will need to look at server error logs. Hard to say where to locate them because of different systems. May need to ask server admin.

There seems to be a lot of this line:
[15-Sep-2023 08:41:54 America/Bogota] PHP Deprecated: preg_match(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($subject) of type string is deprecated in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/app/addons/et_vivashop_settings/lib/mobile_detect.php on line 1257

So I found some other lines in the error log that referenced a couple of addons I have from EZ Merchant Solutions (@tbirnseth ). Once I disabled those everything seems to be working OK. So maybe those addons are not compatible with the latest CS-Cart.

Bummer. I haven’t seen @tbirnseth around in a while. Is he still in business?

His web site is still up. I would say he is still in business.

maybe previous devs just rename them to increase development speed :sweat_smile:

“Everything seems to be working OK” was short lived. I’m back to not being able to access the home page of the admin. I’m getting this error in my error log:

[16-Sep-2023 08:10:29 America/Bogota] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/app/addons/cp_addons_manager/func.php:37
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/app/addons/cp_addons_manager/func.php(21): fn_cpe_IW1fc2VuNF9yNJF1NJL0(‘https://store.c…’, ‘POST’, Array, Array)
#1 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/app/addons/cp_addons_manager/func.php(21): fn_cpe_IW1fbWFrNV9yNJF1NJL0(‘get_statistics’, Array)
#2 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/app/addons/cp_addons_manager/controllers/backend/init.post.php(42): fn_cpe_IW1fN2V0J3L0IJRpc3RpI3M()
#3 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/app/functions/fn.control.php(722): include(‘/home/xxxxxxx/…’)
#4 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/app/functions/fn.control.php(458): fn_run_controller(‘/home/xxxxxxx/…’, ‘index’, ‘index’, ‘’, ‘’)
#5 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/admin2291.php(27): fn_dispatch()
#6 {main}
thrown in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/app/addons/cp_addons_manager/func.php on line 37

It looks like @cart-power add ons manager is the issue now. Did you disable it?