Any interest in MailChimp integration

Ogia, Is that campaign something you set up once and it automatically sends out everyday that there are new people?

I’m wanting to send out an email 10 days after the purchase and then again in 2 weeks.

If you are looking for what is called “transactional emails”, Mailchimp has just started supporting the Amazon bulk email solution. It is NOT supported in the current mailchimp since there is a ton of setup and Amazon has to validate all addresses it will send.

As stated in email, if you can see your subscribers in the list on mailchimp.com then the addon has done what it is intended to do (which is to populate lists in mailchimp.com).

Yes, I have them there so I’m trying to figure out how to send them an email X days after purchase.

My scenario:

• Customer places an order and receives an email.
  • 10 days later, I want to send another email to the same customer making sure they received their order.
  • After another 2 weeks, I want to send another email asking for a review on the product.
  • Another month and the next email gets sent out.

I want all this done automatically- nothing else for me to do. Is this possible using the MailChimp? Set up the emails one time and they will always go out automatically, everyday as orders are placed.

Search the mailchimp site for “pseudo transactional emails”.

You will see how to setup a campaign as type = psuedo-transactional. You may have to run it manually every day, but you can set it up to only send to new members that are X days old.

I do not know if you can schedule the pseudo-transactional campaign to run every day or what. You should be able to find info with the above search.

I haven’t researched that yet. In the mean time, I’ve set up some campaigns that send to people who made a purchase in a certain date range. It’s not that time consuming to set up several at once by replicating that campaign, setting a different date range, then scheduling delivery. My most successful follow-up campaign (higher opens + clicks) was actually for purchases up to three weeks prior. I’ve done two campaigns since then that covered orders from 7-10 days from the date the campaign was sent.

Anyway, this is more of an issue about how Mailchimp works, and not so much about the Mailchimp integration addon. The addon works great and does exactly what it says it will do. My customers can choose whether or not to subscribe at checkout and I’m building my list effortlessly. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the idea Ogia. And yes, the add-on works perfectly.

Just installed it and have to say this add-on is da BOMB :wink:

Is “da BOMB” a good thing? Usually a bomb is not so positive.

You need to watch more movies :slight_smile:

[url]http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/da+bomb[/url]

You man this forum is not a movie? I thought I was in the middle of a sci-fi fantasy…

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]You man this forum is not a movie? I thought I was in the middle of a sci-fi fantasy…[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more of a low budget horror :wink:

Is this addon available or still collection donation ?

[quote name=‘miracles’]Is this addon available or still collection donation ?[/QUOTE]

You can buy it here:

[url]http://www.ez-ms.com/addonproducts/mailchimp-integration.html[/url]

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]I was thinking more of a low budget horror ;)[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more like a Sherlock Holmes. I keep looking for answers.

hello, i just want to ask

lets say i have 50.000 subscriber, and email that 50000 every day.

so i must use mailchimp?

can i use my own php sendmail from my dedicated server?

or i cant send 50000 subscriber everyday because of the server limit? or cs-cart cant handle that?

because using mailchimp will be cost $240 for a month, for 50000 subscriber.

[quote name=‘vidan’]hello, i just want to ask

lets say i have 50.000 subscriber, and email that 50000 every day.

so i must use mailchimp?

can i use my own php sendmail from my dedicated server?

or i cant send 50000 subscriber everyday because of the server limit? or cs-cart cant handle that?

because using mailchimp will be cost $240 for a month, for 50000 subscriber.[/quote]

You cant expect the server to deliver all that email on a daily basis and not get RBL’ed because of the send rate from your domain. I highly suggest mailchimp/ for email solutions. We did drop $500 into interspire email solutions that failed hard.

part of Mailchimps process is working with providers to NOT get blacklisted. MC has some good mechanisms in place to make sure their mail gets delivered.

Some of the other big providers do the same thing.

Note that mailchimp also has a full time compliance team. So make sure your subscribers arre really that (subscribers). Otherwise if they start reporting that you’re spamming them, mailchimp will shut you down in a moment’s notice.

Using your own SMTP server could work. You will need to ensure it implements DKIM, Domain Keys, and several other anti-spam authentication mechanisms. Also be sure all the reverse lookup mechanisms all resolve exactly to the domain in the From address field.

Much easier to use mailchimp. If you’re getting a return from emailing 50K people a day, then $240/month would be a drop in the bucket and probably a very cheap expense when you calculate the ROI. If it doesn’t pencil out then that’s not a $240 issue, it is a marketing issue.

I’ve been away from the board for a while, but am really excited to see this add-on. Will purchase at least one license this week.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Yup, I’ve got a kid due on March 16th - visiting family while I can, I’ve been following development of the add-on as I’ll need two licenses, just been too busy to participate. Merry Christmas ,)[/QUOTE]

Any news, Jesse?

I just wanted to pop in and give kudos to Tony. He was very fast in responding to my issue and helped me fix it. Thank you for great customer service!