Any interest in MailChimp integration

Don’t forget Interspire’s upgrade fees. Still cheaper overall, but something to consider. I hate Interspire. I have an unused Email Marketer license.

I’ve tried several programs over the years and had the most success with Oempro (octeth.com). Still I decided to switch to Mailchimp so I don’t have to worry about handling bounces, deliverability, etc. Sending to a list of 50k on my own took 6 hours. Not to mention having to go around each time my IP got blocked to get re-whitelisted. I had to go to AOL and yahoo over and over again. Some email providers had no way of contacting them if my emails got blocked. Others gave me a hard time. I hardly had time to write the email and send it, let alone go around trying to get whitelisted.

Right now I’m on a ‘pay as you go’ plan at mailchimp and will switch to monthly when I want to send emails. For the amount of emails I’m able to send Mailchimp is the cheapest service of its kind that I’ve found.

Tbirnseth,

Mailchimp integration is compatible with 2.1.2? and is it in Beta? or that’s the final release?

Also,are we sure that every feature is working properly,tested by the users who have purchased? Can you give some details about the test issue?

Thanks,

Not sure what “test issue” you are referring to.

The product has been beta tested and is released. It is probably NOT the final version since I expect to add functionality in the future as different needs arise.

Yes, it is compatibile with 2.1.x and 2.0.x.

There have been 3 updates since release. All were about giving users control over the logging level and log management related to interactions with mailchimp.

Future versions are expected to:

1. Allow users to “filter” the data sent to mailchimp on a list by list basis to a smaller set of data than the default.
  2. Possibly to kick off campaigns from the cart (MAYBE).

The intent is not to duplicate functionality provided by mailchimp at mailchimp.com, but to provide good data for merchants to use in their mailchimp campaigns.

And on top of all that, “T” is practically giving it away at $60.00 ! :wink:

(If I would not have purchased ActiveCampaign approx 6 months ago for $349.00 & connected it to our CS-Cart db then I would buy this in a microsecond!) :wink:

Hmm, maybe I priced it too cheap! :slight_smile:

Tbirnseth,

Thanks for your detailed reply.That’s always great to read your posts,clear and detailed.

Just tried to learn if anyone using addon faced with any bug or an error?

I didn’t ask about the feature, of course, it may be improved in the next versions.

Thank you,

Struck - would you mind sharing your opinion on ActiveCampaign vs. MailChimp?

[quote name=‘Struck’]And on top of all that, “T” is practically giving it away at $60.00 ! :wink:

(If I would not have purchased ActiveCampaign approx 6 months ago for $349.00 & connected it to our CS-Cart db then I would buy this in a microsecond!) ;)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Struck - would you mind sharing your opinion on ActiveCampaign vs. MailChimp?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I have no actual experience with Mailchimp, I only compared & chose activecampaign over interspire email marketer when searching for a higher end program several months ago. At that time there was not a mod available to integrate mailchimp, otherwise I would have looked at mailchimp much closer.

hello tbirnseth

would you mind to explain what is mailchimp, and the feature of the services you are offering,

mailchimp = another newsletter / mass emailing services?

[quote name=‘vidan’]hello tbirnseth

would you mind to explain what is mailchimp, and the feature of the services you are offering,

mailchimp = another newsletter / mass emailing services?[/QUOTE]

A very popular subscription based email marketing service:

[url]http://www.mailchimp.com/[/url]

Like he said! :slight_smile:

The addon updates mailchimp mailinglists, provides for subscriptions to newsletters and other mailing lists and also sends ecommerce transactions so you can filter your lists by order criteria.

It also gives you the ability to export all of this history from your existing store to mailchimp.

Suggest you go to the mailchimp site and then read the documentation here:

[url]http://www.ez-ms.com/docs/mailchimp.pdf[/url]

Just to clarify licensing terms prior to purchase (sometime in the next two weeks)

Open Source - Complete?

Are bulk licensing discounts available (5+ Potential)

One license per domain + ghost license for testing?

URL Locks using DRM typo-stuff?

[quote]

Open Source - Complete?

[/quote]

The source is copyrighted. However, you can modify to suit your needs, you just can’t resell it or extract portions for commercial use.

Licence check is done at Admin login. This must be maintained. This is also when it will usually (default settings) check for updates. If configured to, it will automatically update with bugfixes or new features as new releases are available. You can configure NOT to auto-update, then notification of update availability is shown in a notification box.

[quote]

Are bulk licensing discounts available (5+ Potential)

[/quote]

Yes, but this discussion should happen in private.

[quote]

One license per domain + ghost license for testing?

[/quote]

Yes, but you need to notify me of the other URLwhat’s retuned via an $_SERVER[‘HTTP_HOST’] so I can update the license server.

[quote]

URL Locks using DRM typo-stuff?

[/quote]

I have no idea what this means!

I’ve still got Jetlag so bear with me :mad:

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]The source is copyrighted. However, you can modify to suit your needs, you just can’t resell it or extract portions for commercial use.

[COLOR=Red]Can I see all the code, ie no funny encryption methods to hide stuff. Webgraphiq does this in a variety of ways, hence decryption to validate the coding is clean/not malicious to the server. [/COLOR]

Licence check is done at Admin login. This must be maintained. This is also when it will usually (default settings) check for updates. If configured to, it will automatically update with bugfixes or new features as new releases are available. You can configure NOT to auto-update, then notification of update availability is shown in a notification box.

[COLOR=Red]Essentially the application/addon will cease to function if the license is invalid, revoked or the (your server) server is down?[/COLOR]

Yes, but this discussion should happen in private.

[COLOR=Red]Not a problem, I’ll PM you once I investigate further.[/COLOR]

Yes, but you need to notify me of the other URLwhat’s retuned via an $_SERVER[‘HTTP_HOST’] so I can update the license server.

[COLOR=Red]Not a problem again, 99% of the time all the testing is on the same server, just using a test domain before final release.[/COLOR]

I have no idea what this means!

[COLOR=Red]If the application doesn’t meet this condition (ie license key) such as licence lookup, the addon is disabled without admin intervention[/COLOR][/quote]

[quote]Licence check is done at Admin login. This must be maintained. This is also when it will usually (default settings) check for updates. If configured to, it will automatically update with bugfixes or new features as new releases are available. You can configure NOT to auto-update, then notification of update availability is shown in a notification box.

Essentially the application/addon will cease to function if the license is invalid, revoked or the (your server) server is down?[/quote]

This is a very good question. If your server goes down does my site still come up with this addon enabled?

I have a couple of Webgraphiq addons and this is the part that I hate about their stuff. If my site can’t connect to their server, my entire site is down. This makes no sense to me. Why should I be penalized for their issues?

Thanks,

Brandon

@Jesse

1. There is no encoding. You can modify as you wish. If you do custom modifications, would like you to share them back so I have the option of incorporating them in an official release. If you customize, I will need too tell you how to disable upgrades while leaving the license check in place so that your changes are not overwritten. I would stronly advise that you keep a copy of your modifications in case the addon is upgraded and overwrites your changes.

2. If both my license servers are down then the addon will be disabled at login. However, you will be notified of this so you can simply go to Administration/Addons and set the status to ‘Active’ and continue.

I think #2 answers your last question… Same logic as if using a bad license key or is coming from a different host.

@Brandon - I think your questions are answered in the above.

Note: my licensing is simple and is meant to remind people to do the right thing. Any reasonably technically-savvy person could defeat the whole process. My goal is NOT to hit you with a sledge hammer, my goal is to tap you on the shoulder and remind you that you’re out of compliance.

…thought I’d bump this for those who missed it over the holidays.

I have been live with this for about a month now and it’s working great. I exported 20,000+ existing customers and data for 20,000+ orders. I’m getting about 30-40 new Mailchimp subscribers every day as a result of this addon. :cool: I can send emails to people based on what they’ve ordered, how much they ordered, when they ordered it, etc… etc… It’s better than I expected. :cool:

Just bought my first license for Mailchimp integration!

[quote name=‘ogia’]I have been live with this for about a month now and it’s working great. I exported 20,000+ existing customers and data for 20,000+ orders. I’m getting about 30-40 new Mailchimp subscribers every day as a result of this addon. :cool: I can send emails to people based on what they’ve ordered, how much they ordered, when they ordered it, etc… etc… It’s better than I expected. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Ogia, I have 2.1.3 also and my mailchimp does not send out automatically. Do you have any insight on how you got Mailchimp to send out autorespnder emails.

Their help says that autoresponders will not work for subscribers that are brought in through an API.

I don’t send out autoresponders to my store subscribers. I do, however, set up campaigns the will follow up with customers based on their purchase date. Maybe that is something you could look into.