Alt-team Add-On: Google Rich Snippets

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1358979951' post='153460']

More than likely because you are very demanding/vocal/whiney (whatever you want to call it) in a lot of your posts.

[/quote]

Fair enough. But all that takes is 1 message to me to tell me not to be so vocal / demanding. That's the mature thing to do. I would gladly take in such comment.

Receiving insults from an official moderator / staff here seems odd.

But never mind. Apologies to Alt Team for bringing their thread off topic.

Not to get in the middle of things, but The Tool is just like me and you, a member of the forum. Roban and TonyK are the only moderators and then there is the CS-Cart support staff, but you pretty much only see posts from them relating to giving them your server information to help you fix stuff.

I've just seen a few posts on here recently about people calling some of us with higher post counts and/or different member statuses, CS-Cart support when none of us are. Just figured I'd try and clear that up a bit.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1359184478' post='153699']

Not to get in the middle of things, but The Tool is just like me and you, a member of the forum.

[/quote]

I know the Tool is not a moderator. I have no problem with his post. He gave me his view and I respect that. My post related to this insult by a staff member:

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1358888032' post='153366']

Time to either pay for it, or cry in the corner, softly.

[/quote]

But as said, I dont want to bring this thread off topic any further and would prefer that all posts related to this are deleted, so that it does not burden this Addon discussion.

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1359243586' post='153733']

I know the Tool is not a moderator.[/quote]

Neither am I, however I meant what I said.

The 'moderator' status you see is only reminiscent from the forum conversion a few months back, my moderation days have been long over and I care not for complaints. I consistently see forum members moan and complain that third-party CS-Cart developers are too expensive or don't have the necessary features.I'm sure they'd have been more receptive to providing a discount if you asked them directly rather than complaining in an open-air forum.

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1359245022' post='153735']

I'm sure they'd have been more receptive to providing a discount if you asked them directly rather than complaining in an open-air forum.

[/quote]

How do you know that I did not? They were not receptive at all. On the contrary.

I was not coming out of nowhere.

It is very difficult to price Ultimate addons. There is no support for “sparce licensing” in the cart and if you don't do it by number of storefronts, then you have to assume the worst case (many storefronts). I'm assuming you approached them and said something like “I'm only going to use it on X storefronts, is there a better price to agree to that limitation?”

Given the shortfalls in Ultimate, I've chosen to license by “number of active storefronts”. This has its limiations too since it doesn't account for someone having one in development/test and the others live. But it's about the fairest method I've been able to come up with.

Just two cents. Didn't really mean to drive this thread off topic.

I think the number of live/open storefronts is a good way of calculating. I have 4 storefronts that we are working on, while my system has 5 more storefronts for testing.

If a stiff percentage price increase(250%) is applied for ultimate, while the base price is at a reasonable $100, then the result is that its ultimately cheaper to have the addon developed for you. Even by the same company.

The benefit of having it developed yourself is that you can resell the same addon and even make your money back. The fact that it is ultimately cheaper to have it developed yourself did not make sense to me. I tried to address this with Alt-Team, and also asked if I could get a discount if I bought the addon in combination with a number of other addons. But I did not get a response to my request.

So I decided to to have it developed myself, as I was already having dozens of addons developed by Alt-Team and others, and it would bring the additional benefit that a new addon could apply schema.org rich snippets to all of CS-Cart instead of only the product page.

Then came their Christmas offer just a few days after I bought the same addons that were now on sale. But so is life. The Rich Snippets addon for Ultimate was offered in their store for $79, which I then ordered. As their payment options are limited, I had to wait a few days to complete the transaction. At that time the price in my cart had increased to almost full price. I asked Alt-Team to review and correct this, but they were not willing to. This was quite disappointing, as the rest of my dealings with Alt-Team has been quite good and they have always been very fair. In this particular instance I did not felt I was treated fairly. But so be it.

When others on this forum commented about the stiff price of this addon, I posted to this thread about it. I regret doing so as it can indeed be seen as whining and it brought this thread off topic big time. I hope the above explains where I was coming from.

I guess at first you might see the price of the add-on but really the time it would take me to figure out how to make the mod myself then the price is well worth it.

Plus one thing I love about Alt-Team … They give you the addon for both CS-Cart versions (2 and 3). Right now I still use CS-Cart 2.2.5, but eventually I will be upgrading to version 3 and I am glad that all the Alt-Team mods I purchased will be ready and I do not have to re-purchase the CS-Cart 3.x version.

I think just about all the other 3rd Party add-on creators consider CS-Cart 2 and 3 completely separate and will charge you for both.

[quote]

I think just about all the other 3rd Party add-on creators consider CS-Cart 2 and 3 completely separate and will charge you for both.

[/quote]

Not all… My V2 customers get free V3 versions (other than Ultimate). All they have to do is email and ask.

I've purchased the Rich Snippets add on along with your “Shipping Estimator” add-on. Both great in their own right but using the rich snippets add on prevents the shipping estimator from showing on the product page.

Have you a solution?

Cheers

Steve

[quote name='boxed-blue' timestamp='1361044855' post='155579']

I've purchased the Rich Snippets add on along with your “Shipping Estimator” add-on. Both great in their own right but using the rich snippets add on prevents the shipping estimator from showing on the product page.

Have you a solution?

Cheers

Steve

[/quote]

'Im sure this was fixed, I had the same issue but I am sure they fixed it,when did you download, may be worth trying again

John

Hi John

Downloaded them yesterday. Tried a number of times now and still not working, looking at the code it should work, the shipping estimator is out side the rich snippets override.

Cheers

Steve

Alt Team have sent me the updated files to make these 2 work together. Great service and great add ons. Well worth having.

Cheers

Steve

Hello boxed-blue!

I've just tried to reply that we solved the issue and you posted simultaneously )

We appreciate our clients and always try to fix all issues connected with our add-ons in a short time.

I know one more problem occurred, the developer will get back to you with a solution. Thank you!

Best regards, Alt-team

The reviews rich snippets doesn't appear to meet Google's criteria.

See Here: Reviews Rich Snippets

This addon generates: aggregateRating, ratingValue, reviewCount.

These should be according to the article above: rating, count or votes

Please can you clarify.

Hello StellarBytes!

Thank you for your information! We have checked the add-on and Google criteria, the current mark-up which is used in the add-on is still valid and works fine.

Nevertheless, the add-on developer will examine this issue and include all necessary changes in the add-on if necessary.

Best regards, Alt-team

Hello StellarBytes!

The add-on developer has examined the issue and confirmed that “Google Rich Snippets” add-on mark-up works accordingly to the standards.

Best regards, Alt-team

Great, thanks for letting me know. Hopefully I'll see some reviews published in Google search results soon.

This is working greatly on our website http://www.1000ftcalbes.com. Just in 1 week. Our products are visible in search with reviews and stars. Thanks alt team.

[quote name='faheem' timestamp='1366984685' post='160724']

This is working greatly on our website http://www.1000ftcalbes.com. Just in 1 week. Our products are visible in search with reviews and stars. Thanks alt team.

[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thank you, faheem, for your positive feedback, it's very important to us! [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]We will be very glad to see you as our client again and promise to provide only quality service! [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Best regards, Alt-team[/font][/color]