Alt-team Add-On: Google Rich Snippets

Hello!

clips, thank you for your kind support!

fish1981, it's not really polite to place your addon information in our thread.

[quote name='fish1981' timestamp='1335598819' post='135528'] It's not addon at the full terms, there is no support, no garanties, it's required to some tunes up and skills. But it's relevant for that topic. This code is worth almost nothing (i mean time is money and there is need a little time to make this addon). So sell it for $99 - that is tends to get some wound up a little =) [/quote]

You partially explained why our addon costs $99. We provide our customers:[list]

[]free support, installation and fixing of all problems connected to our addon;

[
]customers who buy our addon don't have to have any programming knowledge, the addon is flexible and ready to work with;

[]we are releasing new versions. If Google changes its Rich snippets standards, we will adjust our addon to new standards;

[
]Now our addon works not only for products but also for pages;

[*]The addon you've posted is implemented incorrectly from the SEO point of view, that's why it's highly possible that Google won't show snippets for the pages which use the addon.

[/list]

Information for everybody! Now “Google Rich Snippets” addon works for pages with rating (stars) and shows breadcrumbs.

Best regards, Alt-team

Is it working with product designer yet?

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1335979393' post='135726']

Is it working with product designer yet?

John

[/quote]

Hello John!

We'll try to make Product designer addon and Google Rich Snippets addon compatible with the release of the next Product designer version.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1335959760' post='135697'][Fish1981's addon] is implemented incorrectly from the SEO point of view, that's why it's highly possible that Google won't show snippets for the pages which use the addon.

[/quote]

Yes, I'd already spotted what I thought was a (possible) problem and had been considering raising it () before I saw your comment on the next page. I assume this was the same issue.

As far as I know, the point of Microdata is that the existing visible HTML is marked up (via tags) in a manner that makes the purpose of each element clear.

The free addon appears to duplicate some of the existing content and marks that up instead. This is hidden from human eyes via the CSS class. In other words, a hidden, duplicate copy of the relevant content is being marked up- not the original. My suspicions were that this wasn't the way things were meant to be done, and Google might not like it- and you seem to have confirmed this.

I appreciate Fish1981's effort, but as you say, the current version appears to be fundamentally flawed.

Edit; I've looked into this further and the “meta” tag may be used where it is not possible to directly mark up content ([url=“Getting Started - schema.org”]Getting Started - schema.org). I notice the free addon does use the meta tag to specify the currency, but only within its CSS-hidden block.

(
) I was unsure where this issue should be raised, as it was implied by you and others that it had been impolite for Fish1981 to hijack the thread. But as you raised the issue in this thread yourself, I'll continue the discussion here until I know otherwise.

• Smich

[quote name='fish1981' timestamp='1335554551' post='135511']

FREE workaround for Google Rich Snippets

------------------------------------------------------

This addon include[list]

[]Product scheme ([url=“Product - Schema.org Type”]http://schema.org/Product[/url]) for detailed page and category multi list products view; (product_multicolumns_list.post.tpl,view_main_info.post.tpl)

[list]

[
]product name;

[]product description;

[
]product image;

[]product price;

[
]product status (In stock, Out of stock);

[/list][]Breadcrumbs scheme ([url=“WebPage - Schema.org Type”]http://schema.org/WebPage[/url]) for navigation (columns.post.tpl).

[/list]

INSTALLATION[list]

[
]download attached zip-file;

[]extract files into /skins/your_skin/customer/addons/

your_skin - change to your theme

[
]Activate in admin panel my_changes Addon

[/list]

for example, in my installation folder structure looks like this:

[indent=1]/skins/austere/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks[/indent]

[indent=2]index/[/indent]

[indent=3]columns.post.tpl[/indent]

[indent=2]products/[/indent]

[indent=3]product_multicolumns_list.post.tpl[/indent]

[indent=3]view_main_info.post.tpl[/indent]

If you need to change currency, you may do it by edit TPL files. Default is USD;

Best regards,

Konstantin

[/quote]

Thanks m8 it seams that this works in 3.0.1 to i only have one small problem it shows the price like this 99.990000. but this is a cs-cart problem becurs it dos that in some difrent addons i have

Nice work you sould post it in your own tread

Hello everybody!

We would kindly ask you not to discuss Fish1981's addon in our thread because it becomes really confusing and misleading for everybody. Thank you.

[size=4]We are glad to announce that now Alt-team's “Google Rich Snippets” addon is available for CS-Cart 3.0. [/size]

[size=4][color=#2C2B2B][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now after purchasing “Google Rich Snippets” add-on you will get one licence but two download packages: one for CS-Cart[/font][/color][color=#2C2B2B] 2.1.x and 2.2.x versions[/color][color=#2C2B2B][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], another for[/font][/color] [/size][color=#2C2B2B][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CS-Cart 3. Install the add-on on a single domain name depending on your CS-Cart version. [/font][/color]

[size=4]Read more about the add-on here.[/size]

Best regards, Alt-team

i buy this addon and now i want to ask alt-team.com team how can add rich snippets to homepage

please help and how display currency simbol after price ?

PLEASE HELP !!!

Hello andreycosmin!

Google Rich Snippets addon works for regular pages only if they have a rating (reviews with stars). Home page is not a regular page, it's an index page special for every particular site and actually there is nothing to display in snippets from a home page.

As for currency symbol after the price, unfortunately we don't have such a setting for this addon. Currency symbol goes before the price as it is traditional for such currencies as dollar, euro or british pound.

Best regards, Alt-team

Hey Alt-team… I just had an idea. Would it be possible to include the testimonials as review about the store? Or am I saying something silly?

Hello Flow!

It's a good idea. As soon as we have time we will try to implement it. It should work for a home page.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1339741160' post='138740']

Hello Flow!

It's a good idea. As soon as we have time we will try to implement it. It should work for a home page.

Best regards, Alt-team

[/quote]

Hi Alt-Team,

When you do release updates, are the updates free or is there a fee to update to your latest version?

Thanks!

Hello Tim Hensel and sorry for the delayed reply!

All updates are free during one year since the moment of purchase. We send the updated add-on archive to all our clients who have already purchased a previous version.

Best regards, Alt-team

Will this works in modified basic skin ?

Hello miracles!

[size=4]“Google Rich Snippets” add-on works with all standard CS-Cart skins. [/size]

[size=4]If you have changed .tpl files which are responsible for a product details page, [color=#2C2B2B][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] your modified template for a product details page may partially change to a standard one[/font][/color]. We can fix it for a little extra charge. If you have changed css files, everything will be working properly. [/size]

Best regards, Alt-team

lol now shows breadcrumbs ? after the other guy posts his version lol nice jack of code i guess

Just finally purchased this add-on … very simple to install and checked on the google snipper testing tool and the results are visible! My hesitation for the add-on was the $99+ price tag … but I figure since it will make my search results stand out and would help most likely bring in some more sales it is a good investment!

Thank you Alt-Team! :grin:

There's a bug in this addon. After it's installed, if you enable blocks as popup window on product page, the Add to cart button will stop working.

Have anyone else experienced this problem?

Dear ghostrider, thank you for noticing this bug.

We will investigate this problem and provide a free bug-fix for all “Google Rich Snippets” users. We will let everyone know about it in this thread. Fixed package will be available for download on the order details page at alt-team.com

Best regards, Alt-team

I guess Google does not like my 2.2.5 store?

I had this mod installed over a month now and Google is not showing the snippets. When I do the Google snippet check, they are appearing in there but not in the search results. :-(

Wait, it can simply take a while.