ADDON: CS-Knowledge Base/FAQ

Does not work on my server. “500 Internal Server Error”.

Do you have SEO module turned on?

If you do, turn it off and test it.

SEO is off.

“Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.”

Can this be due to php5 or bad config.inc.php configuration?

Hey Everyone, currently this Addon does’tn work with the SEO Addon on or off, for now the link will be hardcoded like /index.php?target=knowledgebase, we’ll add SEO capability so the link is just knowledgebase.html or someone else can kindly and generously do this for the mod club and we’ll update the distributive, in addition we’ll add in the back-end the capability to change the knowledge base name, the kb path and a few other parameters through the admin panel, any other ideas we’ll be glad to implement them whether it is adding features or even using another kb integration which we have looked at, but kb pub so far has been the best freely available solution, we’re working hard to get this added into CS and I suggest we hound CS untill they realize the customers want this added into the default installation, just like all the other mods we got, ex: testimonials, newest products ect…for the old timers, remember those days?

If it’s just a static iframe, couldn’t you just create a new page in the admin and put the iframe in the description. This will give it the SEO capability automatically.

yea i guess we could do that but then we’d miss all the fun of hacking files…:slight_smile:

Dear Sno,

Did I get my $$$ worth in donating to this project? OH YES!

Thanks mate, great job.

[url]http://www.sharedmemories.com.au/index.php?target=knowledgebase[/url]

Cheers,

Greg

I agree 100%

Thanks guys…wait till’ you see the next “major” release of CS :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘snorocket’]Thanks guys…wait till’ you see the next “major” release of CS :)[/QUOTE]

When will this happen?

Probably not til next year, if past upgrades are anything to go by.

Maybe this way even better, I spend so much time modding my cart don’t want to start over :slight_smile:

approx. end of year…

Currently Knowledge Base/FAQ not available for CS cart version 1.3.5 sp3 ? or any problem with?

I don’t understand your question, however the Knowledge Base/Faq is available for download [url]http://www.snorocket.com/?p=19[/url]

Actually, it is. I’m using it in that version now.

Sno,

Is the knowledge base compatible with 1.3.4 sp3

(I haven’t upgraded the online store yet, still playing with 1.3.5 offline)

Thanks,

Mike

I believe it is if you use an iframe in a “Manage Pages” page.

[quote name=‘user2008’]Currently Knowledge Base/FAQ not available for CS cart version 1.3.5 sp3 ? or any problem with?[/QUOTE] Knowledge Base/FAQ compatible with cs 1.3.5 sp3 ? I have not setup yet,

If any problem with cs 1.3.5 sp3 then I wont install. and I’ll wait…

Hope this helps

[quote name=‘user2008’]Currently Knowledge Base/FAQ not available for CS cart version 1.3.5 sp3 ? or any problem with?[/quote]