ADDON: Auto-mailer

Glad it will work for you… Note, I do NOT have plans to update the addon to deal with abandoned carts.

A 'cart' and an 'order' are two different things. A 'cart' doesn't become an 'order' until the checkout process completes and an order_id is generated. The 'order' then starts out as incomplete and as it progresses through payment processing, etc. the status is changed to open and then to processed (if payment processor and it was successful). So a 'cart' (abandoned or active) can never be 'incomplete'. Note also that once an 'order' is created, the associated 'cart' is deleted.

You could start the checkout process with a 'cart' and never get it to the point of becoming an 'order'. So then the question is “when does this cart be considered to be abandoned”? I.e. when is the user not going to come back and proceed to checkout? This can vary based on the products being sold in a storefront. I.e. a groupon type of thing could be considered abandoned in as little as 24 hours where construction materials could take weeks.

Purchased/Installed and already proven for additional revenue. Thank you.

This is a must have… reviews = sales and this add-on is the perfect way to ask a client for a review.

Can emails be sent to customers I have had prior to installing this addon? If so how, and can I control how many are sent out at a time?

Just re installed this addon after disbaling it a while back and get below

[color=#9C3535][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]

ez_common Error
[/size][/font][/color][color=#9C3535][font=arial, verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]

Curl Error : Couldn't resolve host 'ezupgrade.ez-ms.com'[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#9C3535][font=arial, verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]

on 2.1.4 [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#9C3535][font=arial, verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]

John[/size][/font][/color]

hello I did buy this addon but have a problem

Strict Standards[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]: Declaration of Templater::display() should be compatible with Smarty::display($resource_name, $cache_id = NULL, $compile_id = NULL) in[/font][/color]/var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/core/class.templater.php[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,] on line [/font][/color]24

I tried contact them but did not answer yet

has someone any clue whats happened ? or what could I do ?

I too have this addon running on a Professional 2.2.5 store. Not had any problems with it up until last night, when the store back-end became very slow and displayed several errors:

auto_mail Error
Curl Error : name lookup timed out

ez_common Error
Curl Error : name lookup timed out

The errors disappeared this morning and the site is running fine again. What caused this and how can it be prevented in future? I therefore assume this add-on uses a 3rd party call to another server which failed for one reason or another.

hello and could you tell me how would work this addon because the did not send any manual to me :-( where could I write message for customer ? or what I have to setup up in this addon ?

The documentation is located in a link in the attachments area of the product detail page (http://www.ez-ms.com/auto-mail.htmll) or you can directly download it from here: http://www.ez-ms.com/docs/auto_mail.pdf

Note that the documentation will be changing slightly to adjust for V3 over the next few days.

@stellar - This error comes from your environment's DNS lookup. It is trying to look up my license server to validate your license upon admin login. The connection to your DNS server (or one along the chain) is timing out. This can be caused by any number of things but is really outside the scope of the addon. It is simply trying to validate the license and the operation usually takes less than 250ms.

Thanks for the info - glad it's not something major to worry about and doesn't appear to have happened since.

Just purchased this and will install and configure now.

Thanks, this will fill a need not yet standard in CS-Cart.

Anyone want to share the review template they created?

Thanks

tbirnseth:

Will the automailer work for the Ultimate (multi-store) edition? Eg. Will it send e-mail from the different stores?

Hey Seth,

I bought this addon about a month ago and couldn't get it work. I finally changed my servers MX records the other day and that got emails to send, which is good.

The problem I'm having now is that it is sending two (2) identical emails to each customer. I must have misconfigured it somehow.

In the Addons section I have the following:

Send on login: checked (what is this?)

Default Order Status: Sent Via USPS

In the Users>Auto-mailer settings:

I have three auto-mailers set up, one for each of the shipping methods used by the company. Process on order status: Shipped Via Fedex etc… Since my Order-Entry Team doesn't want an extra step of changing orders to “Complete” or whatever, changing the status to shipped is the final step.

In the Mailer logs I see:

[Mon, 01 Oct 2012 08:16:39 -0400]
am_run_queue: Called

...a bunch of set and sent emails...
[Mon, 01 Oct 2012 08:16:39 -0400]

am_run_queue: Called
...the same bunch of set and sent emails...

The Send on Login means to “run the queue” when an admin logs in and send any emails that are queued to send for that time. If not checked, then you have to run the queue manually.

Given you have multiple rules defined, I'm going to guess that you do NOT have the “disable other rules” checkbox checked that basically says “if this rule triggers, then don't run any others”. Otherwise it will queue an email for any rule that applies.

Hope this helps.

Is there a way to improve the look of the template to include a logo, and or header, so it looks a little more like the order emails/invoice that CS-Cart v4 sends.

If I could get a code snippet to do that I would appreciate it.

Jack

Hey tony,

We want to send multiple emails(say 4 consecutive emails) for users signing up on our site.

Since the emails are not sent when user login's through the Hybrid Auth(when he log's in) as for the current multi vendor edition.

Thus, will the following addon be able to address this issue and also identify the user(whether he's logging in to the first time or if it isn't the first time) and send the email accordingly(since we don't want to spam the user, everytime he login's to our site, as we only use hybrid auth)

Thanks in advance.

NaMo

Currently the standard Auto Mailer addon only sends email at the time of registration, not at login. This is for customers (not vendors or admins). It could be extended to account for your needs (I believe but would want more complete requirements). Please click the get-a-quote link in my signature and give me full requirements and I'll be happy to give you a quote to get what you need.