ADDON: Auto-mailer

I’m going to fix. It’s because I do the implode in the template versus outsied of it.

Will advise when update is available and steps needed to install the replacement template.

Note that if you enter a product code (or comma separated list of product codes) into that field, the message will go away. It’s an initialization thing…

John - resolved in version 2.1.5. Should auto-upgrade within 24 hours. And should automatically copy the new template to the proper location (you should see a sticky green notification box saying it copied the edit_event template).

If you’re impatient and do not want to way, you can use the following url to force and upgrade:

?dispatch=auto_mail.upgrade.force

You can simply enter in a product code into the field where the notice message is and it will behave correctly.

No worries

thx

You find 'em, I fix 'em… Pronto! :slight_smile:

That’s what I coil soivice…

Way to go Johnbol1, somehow you managed to implode it (hopefully nobody got hurt)!

Hello, Does this addon work hand and hand with the MailChimp addon which allows automatic follow-ups based on customers orders, etc…? Also, do the customers automatically get added to your MailChimp auto responder/list when they sign up?

Thanks!

They are really two separate things. The mailchimp addon is really a list manager that lets you update/manage lists that are then used in Mailchimp campaigns (one email template to many list members) from mailchimp.com. Mailchip doesn’t really handle what are called transactional emails (I.e. an action on the system generates an individual email to the actor).

Hence the mailchimp addon manages lists for use in campaigns and this addon handles sending emails (usually delayed by some period) to individuals based on criteria that is met from the setups.

A customer will only be added to a mailhimp list if they authrorize doing so. Since this addon works primarily off of purchases, it is assumed that the purchaser wants followup info related to what they purchased.

Hope this answers the questions.

Could this mod work for reminder emails, as such you haven't purchased a product off us in 6 months, purchase one now! (this is for 6 months maintainence items)

I know i could set a reminder 6 months from ever order but is possible to have a if clause, check if customer has purchased this product in the last 6 months if no send reminder if yes do nothing?

Thanks

could this work for new order that has been created 3 days ago?

i want to automatically send email to customer after 3 days when the order status [open], tell them that the order still open and they need to pay the order.

need a reply pls

Sorry, never got notification of the update. Usually best to email questions like this to me versus post here unless the info is valuable to others.

To answer: No, the logic of the addon only happens on status change.

Setting it up to act on Open would probably annoy your customers since almost everyone would get an email 3 days later asking them to pay…

good addon.

Hi Tony,

This is an addon I think I'll buy, but Im looking for a little extra functionality regarding “reviews”. I realize this is primarily an “Auto-mailer Addon”, but to entice customers to actually write a review, it would be necessary to offer a “Promotion” to the customer . This cart promotion would be available upon the cs-cart Status “Review Accepted” status being achieved.

Look forward to your comments and wondering if there is already an addon out there to achieve this?

Cheers

The addon is designed to check for and queue all actions when an order goes to a certain status. It is not designed to some things at one status and other things at other statuses. Not sure why you wouldn't use this addon for sending the review request and then having someone do some custom work for you that would send a “submitter” and email upon a review being accepted that would contain the promotion you wanted to give. These two actions would (and should be) independent of one another.

Yep you're right, I just need this addon and someone to do some custom work for me that would send a “submitter” and email upon a review being accepted that would contain the promotion you wanted to give.

Interested?

Go to: Get a quote and enter the requirements/specifications you want developed and I'll be happy to give you a quote.

This addon is of a lot of interest, presumably I can set up a cron job so emails are sent every X minutes/hours/days/weeks at a specific time? I'm not too familiar with the abandoned/incomplete order process, in that, I am not sure where an 'abandoned' cart becomes an 'incomplete' order - but can this addon send emails to 'abandoned' cart customers, provided they have entered an email address at some stage (created an account, attempted to check out as guest, etc)?

When run from cron, everything that is due will be sent. So it you want to send it at 7am, then you run the cron job for 7am.

Most abandoned carts do not have any contact info so there's no info to send to. Hence when it was first developed, I asked about value of supporting abandoned carts and was told that there weren't enough with contact info to worry about. Hence, it's not part of the addon. So the short answer is no, there is no support for abandoned carts.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1323310084’ post=‘127487’]

When run from cron, everything that is due will be sent. So it you want to send it at 7am, then you run the cron job for 7am.

Most abandoned carts do not have any contact info so there’s no info to send to. Hence when it was first developed, I asked about value of supporting abandoned carts and was told that there weren’t enough with contact info to worry about. Hence, it’s not part of the addon. So the short answer is no, there is no support for abandoned carts.

[/quote]

That sounds great and will help achieve the majority of my goals in this area. I have checked the Abandoned Carts, there are around 10% with contact details, these customers do not have Incomplete orders (unsure at what stage ‘Abandoned’ becomes ‘Incomplete’?), so there is still a window of opportunity here - regardless how small, if I could increase sales by 1% per area by perfecting the cart in every way possible, such as this, the Bahamas retirement dream wouldn’t be too far away… B)

In the meantime, I’ll check with CS-Cart on their plans for V3 and see if anything is planned at all in this area, regardless - expect an order from me in the morning.

Edit: Woohoo, just found your Bundle offer on Auto Mailer, I was looking at integrating with Mail Chimp because of my hosts 1000 emails per 24 hour limit, looks like this 3 pack is the perfect combination.