As many of you know we have been working on a very sophisticated full page caching add-on. The day has finally come, meaning we will release it to the public. After hundreds of hours of work we have decided that as of right now there are plenty of features to work with (though more are on the way!).
The more products and visitors your store has, the higher load it has to withstand. If the number of products and simultaneous visitors exceeds the number a store and its server can handle, the store dramatically slows down and can crash.
Thanks to the latest improvements, such as full page caching and PHP 7 support, CS-Cart now works even faster than usual and handles a high load even with 125,000 products on board.
The full-page caching works without any extra server configuration, allowing your store to withstand a higher load and speed up page loading on the first and repeated visits up to 25 times. You can expect the TTFB to lower to 25ms!
This is how it works: when a customer opens a page, CS-Cart stores (i.e. caches) that page into memory. When another customer opens the same page, CS-Cart quickly retrieves it from memory. As a result, the second customer gets that page quickly - even on the first visit.
To show the performance of a properly configured CS-Cart store with full-page caching, we created a highload demo store and tested its stamina.
For testing we have made a program which will test the load and will check for the TTFB of the HTML page. This resulted in the following impressive graph (this is first load with fully initialized sessions).
Why you need Full page cache addon:
- Your website will get a significant performance boost, resulting in happier customers and possibly a better conversion rate as well.
- Under load your website will perform better, allowing for more visitors at once.
- Because you website's TTFB (Time To First Byte) is reduced, your SEO will be ranked higher.
Why you should use this Full Page Caching addon:
- A database is not used to store the statuses of the files. Instead, they are stored using a custom file / storage engine that can detect if the file is valid.
- Intensive PHP functions have not been used, this includes but is not limited to: preg_match, preg_match_all and str_replace.
- Does it work with HTTPS? - Yes.
- Does it support multiple languages / auto language detection? - Yes.
- Does it allow multiple currencies? - Yes.
- What if I update a product / a category / a page? - The affected cache will be removed.
- What do you mean with no database? - Files are stored using a defined set of parameters. It will use default php functions to read the file age, file existence and many more things to refrain from the database.
- Hole punching (allows you to remove blocks from the cache, e.g. recently viewed) (3rd week).
- Backend that will allow you to see the file storage in a more efficient manner (3rd week).
- Auto CRON jobs that will be queried from our server if neccessary (e.g. for garbage collection and such) (4th week).
- Store the keys / values for hole-punching in redis / memcached / file cache (5th week).
- Preload data which is queried from the database into a file (which can be stored in redis / memcached / file cache) (6th week).
Have we intrigued you?
If you have any questions, feel free to ask us in either the thread or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can buy the add-on at: https://poppedweb.com/en/addons/full-page-cache/