Abandoned Shopping Cart Feature

In the current economic state it is important to be able to maximize as many potential customers as possible. I think an abandoned shopping cart is key.

Having the ability to send a followup communication to them letting them know their cart is still available, and also offering them a special discount to come back and order the items in the cart is important.

How does everyone else feel on this?

I completely agree with this. The fact that they had something in their cart means they were a lot closer to purchasing than hoping that someone hits a PPC ad.

You should create a feature request in the bug tracker for this.

Bob

Good advice, I just did that. ID 1169 as a feature request.

I can attest 1st hand that this absolutely does save alot of orders which could have easily otherwise slipped through the cracks! I can safely say that having abandoned shopping cart information available to us (through another shopping cart system) has allowed us to save approx. 50-70% of these incompleted orders. We take a subtle approach & give the customer a quick call and simply explain to them that we noticed they attempted to place an order, however for some reason it was not fully completed. Quite often the customer was in a hurry & did not even realize it didn’t completely go through and gives us their payment information again so we can get the order completed! Other times, they actually wanted to go thru with the order, however did not have enough funds in their credit card balance to cover the charge, so when we call them they grab another card, give us the details, we finish their order and all is well! I am still amazed at how effective having this information available to us has been! :shock:

BrightFire, Struck,

You’re right. So, PrestaShop had a wonderful abandoned cart feature and more:

[url]PrestaShop Examples: the most beautiful PrestaShop stores

Back Office > Module > Customers follow-up > Install

Customers follow-up > Configure

1. Canceled carts

2. Re-order

3. Best customers

4. Bad customers

Lee Li Pop

It would also have to work when the user gets redirected to paypal or similar and cancels or closes their browser. This leaves the order in an open state.

BUMP.

Any update from CS-Cart on this feature?!

Hi All-

I had a custom addon created for a client that posts an offer to a customer when they attempt to leave the view cart or checkout page that pops up an instant discount offer (user set able in promotions) if they don't leave the page and finish their order. I hope to have it available to purchase within the next couple weeks, we're working on integrating it with our licensing program right now. I've attached a screen shot of what the view cart page looks like when you try and leave.

Question - Trying to figure out pricing, what would any of you pay for something like this?

[attachment=4561:ab-instantoffer.png]

ab-instantoffer.png

Depends. Is installation included? Will support be available? What is the upgrade policy? Will it be compatible with the latest version of Cs?

Cool addon! Price it reasonable and I'm sure you will have quite a few takers as it's quite useful. Good work.

Stu

It's setup as an actual addon, so you just drop the folders in like any other addon. All the text in the popup is easily changed in the addon properties in the admin area. Installation will not be included in the price but available at an additional cost.

It will be supported, first level through myself and if there is something I cannot resolve then the actual programmer will be consulted.

The addon was built specifically for 2.2.2 only. I think most CS-Cart addons are sold with 6 month update protection so that is probably what we will adopt as well.

I was thinking of $60 for the add-on, does that sound reasonable?

Even though I really hate websites that do this (I think slinging discounts around might get you an extra sale or so but in the long run downgrades your credibility because people won’t buy for the normal price anymore), this is a nice add-on ;)

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1316683419’ post=‘122101’]

Even though I really hate websites that do this (I think slinging discounts around might get you an extra sale or so but in the long run downgrades your credibility because people won’t buy for the normal price anymore), this is a nice add-on ;)

[/quote]

I just received an abandoned cart email from Dell and their template is great.

The email subject line was “Check out your saved cart before it expires!”. The body basically said “You’re almost there. Dell makes it easy to complete your purchase. We know sometimes you get sidetracked. That’s just business as usual. This is a friendly reminder that your cart will expire soon.”

It then has a link to your shopping cart as well as live help support.

I didn’t find it to be intrusive.

I would like this feature as well! Getting in touch with “almost” customers is extremely helpful. This should be a feature that is included in all carts.

[quote name='BrightFire' timestamp='1252264950' post='56222']

In the current economic state it is important to be able to maximize as many potential customers as possible. I think an abandoned shopping cart is key.

Having the ability to send a followup communication to them letting them know their cart is still available, and also offering them a special discount to come back and order the items in the cart is important.

How does everyone else feel on this?

[/quote]

That is high on my want list. Has it been implemented yet ?

I don't like the pop-up approach as the visitor is leaving.

I would prefer an email being sent x hours/days after visit with a reminder,

link to their shopping cart with items still in place.

This would also be a great customer support opportunity to catch any problems encountered during checkout.

I like how Amazon does their checkout. Right after a user hits checkout their email and login information is asked for. On my sites I almost always have abandoned carts with email or login info so I can't do anything with that informaton.

[quote name='WebWatch' timestamp='1317128155' post='122404']

That is high on my want list. Has it been implemented yet ?

I don't like the pop-up approach as the visitor is leaving.

I would prefer an email being sent x hours/days after visit with a reminder,

link to their shopping cart with items still in place.

This would also be a great customer support opportunity to catch any problems encountered during checkout.

[/quote]

Hi, there is an addon around I saw before that will send emails for whatever reason you want. Ask for a testimonial few days after the order is complete or send a coupon to uses with abandoned cart. Check around and you will find it.

I'll get that soon too.

D.

I see CS-Cart created a thread during the planning of the Abandoned carts feature, but half the functionality they stated wasn't implemented - emails included.

Where can we get this addon you mention Belzibot? I can't seem to find it

I thought it was possible to do this with 2.1.0 and higher. I found this tutorial.

Trouble is that 90+% of carts that are abandoned are abandoned at the cart stage. Unless the user is registered when they've added the items to the cart there is NO contact info available.

When I did the Auto Mailer addon this topic was brought up. The feedback was that there were so few abandoned carts with contact info that it probably wasn't worth implementing.

Hi All, I just finally got the popup addon up for sale. I am still working on getting more info up on my site, but for those of you who where interested: CS-Cart Abandoned Cart Instant Offer Addon – Silver-Logic Web & Print Services

Cost is $59.99 and includes 6 months of update, to add another year $15.00 extra. I can install for $30.

Has been tested in 2.2.2 and 2.2.3, but should be fine in 2.2.4, I have not tested it on earlier versions of CS-Cart.

I'll be posting an actual thread about this within the next couple of days. Please feel free to contact me with questions!