1.3.6 Feature List

great idea,

those 3 images sizes would be great.

I would love to see the option for the customer to be notified when a product becomes available. Let them control the list instead of constantly seeing it’s “Out of Stock”.

• canada post engine

-Automatic currency updater
  • Ebay item posting from chop

My biggest pain in the ar** :frowning: is the fact that there is no way to mass change the Global Options. This would be a nice feature that could be managed at the bottom of “Manage Pages” - “Select fields to edit”

As far as I am aware it cannot be done in CSV either, as all it submites is the text and not the boxes. The problem is evident if you back up the database, upon restore it will show the text, but again, without the boxes as it appears to drop the Variant name etc …

So here is hoping … :wink:

I believe CS-Cart has much more to offer:

» Accounting

- Direct Integration to a Complete Business Management System

- Accounts Receivable

- Accounts Payable

- Audit Trails

- Segmented Chart of Accounts

- Scheduled Reports

- Integration with CRM

- Sales-Tax and Purchase-Tax Management

- Multiple Control Accounts

- Multi-Currency Support

- Job Costing

» Point of sale

- Barcode scanning and inventory tracking

- Cash Drawer Management

- Customer history and account management

- Hardware Integration

- Integrated Accounting

- Payment Processing

- Pricing, Promotions and Upsell Items

» Inventory Control

- Drop Ship Management

- Inventory Tracking for Multiple Locations

- Visibility of Your True “Available for Sale” Quantity

- Multiple Units of Measure

- History of All Transactions Affecting Quantity Levels

- Tools for Conducting Physical Inventory Counts

- Serial Number Tracking

- Lot Tracking

- Kits - multiple items sold as one kit

- Bill of Materials

- Bin Management

» Purchasing

- Automated Purchasing

- Replenishment Points (Min/Max/Re-order)

- Purchase History

- Purchase Order Status

- Purchase Order Creation

- Economic Order Quantity (EOQ)

- Vendor Part Numbers

- Drop Ship Management

- Multiple Units of Measure

- Purchase Quotes

» Dashboard Analytics

- Graphs and Pie Charts :slight_smile:

» CRM - Customer Relations Management

- Phone Conversation Noting - enter notes about customers phone calls

- E-Mail - manage email through cs-cart and attach incoming and outgoing emails to customers profiles

- Reviews - attach customers comments and reviews to their profiles (for sales and quality control purposes)

- Employee Dashboards / document management (use Google Docs)

» Shipping/Receiving

- Get a full view of customer accounts and automatic suspension of delinquent accounts

- Reconcile bank accounts and corporate credit cards via the reconciliation wizard

- Better manage profitability with automated profit and cost centers and by structuring multi-tier departments

- Track real-time balances for your bank accounts as well as General Ledger accounts, without having to post your transactions

- Track and manage currency exchange rates and account for all gain and loss adjustments due to currency fluctuations.

- Use Provisional Posting to play “What-if” scenarios by temporarily posting to specific journals. Only commit the posting if the results are what you are looking for!

- Take advantage of multi-year Accounting. Keep as many years as you want open. Closing your books is also a snap!

- Configure cash-flow statements to see Operating, Investing and Financing activities and compare periods in a single report.

- Create and track budgets for specific business divisions with multi-segment accounting.

» SFA/Contact Manager - Sales Force Automation

- More of that employee dashboard stuff

- Calander

- Appointments

- Cell Phone Notifications - text

» RMAs - Return Merchandise Authorization

- Send out replacements for returns on a single sales invoice, without having to create a credit memo and then a replacement invoice. Eliminate the problem of matching documents and reduces time to effect replacements, increases customer satisfaction, and increases efficiency in managing returns.

- Accurately track validity of RMAs, and reduce the guess work with returns by assigning and attaching serial numbers to credit orders, ensures you get the margins you’d planned for.

- Seamless RMA and accounting updates in a one step process saves RMA processing time, increases accuracy, and updates sales/accounting staff in real-time about returns from customers.

- Simple self help steps via a Web-enabled RMA for items allow the customer to receive authorization online, saving countless hours of manual redundancies.

- Define return, exchange and credit mechanisms so online RMAs automatically and instantaneous. This way, managing RMAs with precision becomes routine for your staff, while customers are kept happy with a responsive department, without errors.

» Marketing/ROI

- All information is integrated from initial inquiry to final payment and every stage in-between. Promotion codes tie up to sales invoices and sales orders and discounts so you know exactly which promotion links with which share of revenues,

at all times, for quick ROI analysis on marketing programs. Track sales activity from marketing investments in trade shows, print ads, Internet marketing efforts, and direct mail campaigns.

- Option to force customer-contact staff to record the minimum information you stipulate via the force tag custom tracking on customer profiles. This ensures high data integrity and consistency among customer contact fields.

- Item-tracking feature in the sales software permits easy and quick aligning of information from your database according to queries posed by customers so your staff can provide accurate responses and handle more customer queries in any given time frame.

- Customer tracking - Identifying customers through customer tracking allows you to pull those from the database that you’d like to target via specific bulk email marketing promotions, potentially saving many employee hours that would otherwise have to be expended to manually processing lists.

- Promotion codes in combination with job codes allows you to accurately track the revenue against specific campaigns, so you can distinguish between campaigns that work and those with no promise. It also allows you to track discounts, expenses, profitability of goods sold etc. per campaign.

» Payroll

- Fully integrated payroll function allowing complete automation of payroll including supplementary payroll, employee deductions, company contributions, statutory forms.

- Ability to set security privileges so only authorized employees can access the payroll data. Keep sensitive payroll information out of the hands of unauthorized employees by simply restricting access within the business management system to only those authorized to view or change payroll information.

» Email Communication

- E-mails are tied to a customer account instead of a sales rep’s. So, if a rep leaves the company, the concerned e-mail correspondence will be available to the new rep, enabling him or her to quickly obtain background and perspective on any issue related to a prospect or customer.

» Service

- Include the cost of time spent by my technician in servicing a piece of equipment in my accounting system.

- Assign tasks to my technicians and set deadlines for their completion as soon I receive a service order.

- Segregate the types of service orders I receive.

- Keep better track of items received for service or repairs within my business management software.

- Track time spent by my technical support staff on calls to customers.

» Import Utilities

- Customer Data

- Outlook/Thunderbird contacts

- Quickbooks Data

- Everything else cs-cart imports :slight_smile:

» Reports

- Reports for everything and anything the software can report on. This is probably one of the most important parts of being able to do business and expanding.

- Page visits

- RSS Tracking

- Track subscription trends across multiple Feeds and clicks on individual Seeds (article or link within a feed).

- Tracking of the number of page views and unique visitors, where they are coming from and what they are looking at, as well as which search terms led them to your site.

- Reports of open support tickets or any tickets for that matter.

- Time Reports. Time it takes for the order to ship from when it came in.

- Department reports. Track shipping department, sales department. Lets you manage speed and costs.

» Cell-Phone/iPhone/PDA compatibility- site.mobile

- Not only the commerce site but employee access to internal data (for on the road)

- Alerts sent to cell phone of anything you want… like subscribing to a feed.

All of this is possible with PHP/Sql… as long as the security is good :slight_smile:

Did I miss anything. If you would like me to elaborate on anything just send me a pm or post here and I will track the responses.

There are applications that do all of this. One of them is called Everest Software. The problem is that they are not written in php, not web based (some are) and they cost about $15,000 and up. If the cs-cart team was able to offer a product like this at a reasonable price I think profits would skyrocket!

I would recommend a product like Stoneedge for a lot of the backend functions described above. It has great order processing abilities, integration with UPS, FedEx, Endicia, barcode scanning and integration with Quickbooks. I use it with my old cart currently and everything works like a charm.

we need to add option color like a color box not just a text

also i hope if we can sort products by color

also i wish if there is one product with different Sizes and prices

i want to add the different sizes and prices as a table and can select Quantity for each option

note: the price of the product is not one price its depend on the size

so you can say one product with 4 sizes = 4 products not just only one

but i want to make them appear under the same name

look at this example please

in this product line

they sell

Pillow cases and sheets

i want to make it one product “Sheet” but the sheet as you see comes with different sizes and prices

Flat Sizes and Fitted sizes

the flat sizes come in 5 different sizes and prices (twin - full - queen - king - super king )

the fitted sizes come in 5 different sizes and prices ( (twin - full - queen - king - Cal king)

[url]http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent/Sheets+Flannel/3003/E1M9X/[/url]

I would like to see an OpenID implementation. Yahoo and Google have already begun utilizing it. Anyways, it wouldn’t hurt giving advanced customers the chance to use it if they prefer.

More info can be found here:

[url]http://openid.net/[/url]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenID[/url]

Packing Lists for when you ship out multiple shipments of the same order or when particial orders are shipped on different days ect…

I would like the ability to filter product results based on features. For example, when someone clicks on TVs, they could filter those results by screen size, brand, etc. And I’m not talking about sorting . . . but filtering (narrowing down options).

[quote name=‘knoxbury’]I would like the ability to filter product results based on features. For example, when someone clicks on TVs, they could filter those results by screen size, brand, etc. And I’m not talking about sorting . . . but filtering (narrowing down options).[/QUOTE]

Like newegg.com?

[quote name=‘JosiahW’]Like Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptops, Gaming Systems, and more - Newegg.com

I think PriceGrabber.com also does a nice job at this.

Some sort of integration into yahoo shopping, overstock.com, ebay (Blackthorne), amazon.com… cant think of any others off the top of my head.

The ability to print shipping labels would be very handy.

Integration of customers into phpbb and vb forums.

The ability to import all information from other shopping carts directly into cs-cart (for example they choose that they had oscommerce or xcart and cs-cart asks for the old stores database information and imports it directly without having to deal with csv.

The ability to import from old cs-cart versions into new versions for those that don’t want to upgrade or use store manager to upgrade.

Comodo and verisign integration… just so I don’t have to post my code in manually. www.enterprisessl.com, www.comodo.com, verisign.com

This would add their secure logo script to the site.

It would be helpful to allow customers to set up a recurring or automatic order. Lets say one of my customers want two of my products sent to them on the first of every month. The system would automatically place the order for them on the 1st of every month.

They could choose to do this on checkout or something like that.

Please accept my dream wish also.

When releasing 1.3.6 version please also make a mod for Indian customers. The price showing in Dollar but i want to show the price in Rupees. :cool:

[quote name=‘JosiahW’]There are applications that do all of this. One of them is called Everest Software. The problem is that they are not written in php, not web based (some are) and they cost about $15,000 and up.[/QUOTE]

awhile back (years ago) we looked into Everest which back then wasn’t even called Everest, we almost bought into the system until we realized the actual cost, in addition to needing your own ms exchange server ($7000) and support (which you will) it comes at an unbelievable expense and you have to buy the support manuals which were several hundred dollars a piece, so for all the manuals your looking at another few thousand, I went to a conference at there headquarters to show off there system in VA and basically walked out laughing, in the end such a system is around $25,000+, it was such a joke, but hey at least I got some free snacks at the conference…lol

• PDF invoicing. Priority, pls!:twisted:

[quote name=‘JosiahW’]=The ability to print shipping labels would be very handy.

[/QUOTE]

I still have no idea why this hasn’t been implemented

it is a pain copying and pasting addresses

maybe all of us need to sale in a specific currency and if we want to put price in admin area in US Dollars or Euro or enything else we want to set for customers or visitors currency default (in my problem RON (romanian currency)) and is a problem because i need to update all the time prices when Euro or Dollar going up or down… :mad:

• PDF Reports and Invoices
  • Unlimited quantities for downloadable products (meaning quantity field never decreases)
  • CellPhone Message Texting
  • banner rotation as I posted here
  • Batch products (A group of products in one purchasable batch for a price of its own)
  • From topcoderpro.com

— Download Files options on Product pages

— Back-in Stock email Notification MOD

— Dynamic Tabs v1.3.X