• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Meet Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.10.4 With Strong Customer Authentication And Bug Fixes Rate Topic   - - - - -

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4662 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:34 AM #61

without some ugly black uglyr overlay that scares people away.  

Agreed, this huge overlay is very very offputting, I dont understand why it is needed.

Im only glad I started to find these things on my dev site. I wont be upgrading and am already looking around for the time I feel I must change, e.g php reasons etc

Then as Im heavily involved in custom items will be speaking to alt team when the time arises to switch to make sure the product designer works. Probably magento. https://www.alt-team...d-on.html?sl=EN

Its no good me keep moaning here, CS CART make their choices and we make ours simple. CS cart (and more to the point) alt teams product designer addon has made me plenty money over the years, so i wont complain about how much money I have spent making cs cart it mine, Ill just do whats needed at the time.

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2306 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:43 AM #62

@Flow captured it accurately, step-by-step was working fine had no issues, it had familiar feel as Shopify and others.

You know that this 3 step checkout of 2.x, actually made me try cs-cart for the first time? And then I choose to go for it. 

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:14 AM #63

Have you been to Design > Layouts > Checkout? I'm asking because most of the points you brought up (order of sections and presence of certain fields) can be easily addressed there. By dragging the blocks, you'll change positions of various sections of the checkout. Block settings contain the fields that are displayed in the blocks, and their order. All this allows people to configure the checkout as they see fit.

P.S. Could you elaborate what you mean by "up and down arrows" in ZIP code?

Good morning,

Since you seem no longer present in this discussion, let me pose you a straightforward question: are you guys going to do something with the feedback that is given on this subject. 

I want to have a market standard check out, that was what I had, that is what I want to have but don't anymore. 

Reason I ask is that if the answer is no, I will have to find a different software, somebody in an earlier comment suggested prestashop, I am going to check it out now. 

My conversion rate has dropped considerably after the big black ugly useless (for me) shipping overlay, and that is something I can't have. 

Please reply, thanks

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:34 PM #64

BTW I have MV but thinking about switching too, between Cs-cart and Alexbranding I spend way too much time on the platform that I could be spending on business...I did not want the new checkout but Alexbranding switched the checkout without asking me..

My frustration is running pretty high..

• Qbasix
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 01:29 AM #65

The new checkout is a mess. It's 2 steps back. Here we go:

I start, like most people, on the left, so I enter my city. I get a huge, ugly looking popup that feels like an error message or warning. For some reason, the city field has up and down arrows in them.

The checkout doesn't accept my city, because the country selected is the US. So I choose my country, and now checkout empties the city I just entered. 

I think 20% of my customers will now already be gone.

Under customer, I can only enter address. What is this? Street + number? Everything?
Hmmm the zip code has again up and down arrows in it's field. I fill the fields out. My first thought is, where do I enter my city? Oh wait I just did that at the top. But wait, my billing address is different. Now what?

Aaaah I have to scroll way down to under the payment methods. Here I can enter a billing address. The checkbox is on the far right. 
And then I have to accept the terms and conditions. But where is the checkbox? Ah this one is on the far left. 

Guys - face it. It's still quite messy. This leaves the question: why don't you just copy the big guys who got it nailed? It can be so easy.
Either way, I hope you can continue to make edits and improve it.

You hit the nail on the head!

Regarding comments from all the others: Is it no possible to enable the old checkout via the add-ons? It's now an add-on I believe?

We have not upgraded to the new version so still happy with the old 3 step checkout that gets no complaints from customers.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:05 AM #66

Is it possible to give the option to have the old checkout back?

Good question. Does CSC intend to leave the old checkout available as an addon.?

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:52 AM #67

Good question. Does CSC intend to leave the old checkout available as an addon.?

CS Cart stays in silence....

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:14 AM #68

Interesting no comment from cs-cart?

You hit the nail on the head!

Regarding comments from all the others: Is it no possible to enable the old checkout via the add-ons? It's now an add-on I believe?

We have not upgraded to the new version so still happy with the old 3 step checkout that gets no complaints from customers.

I was able to do it when I tested it first time a month ago but now I can't go back..

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:24 AM #69

I see the Demo has the Step-by-Step Checkout [Deprecated] still available,  but for how long is the question? "Depreciated" indicates that it will be removed at some point.

And....

WarningStep-by-step checkout requires additional configuration to work properly. Please follow the instructions in the settings of the Step-by-Step Checkout add-on

Configure blocks as follows to make step-by-step checkout work properly:

1. Go to Design → Layouts and switch to the Checkout tab.
  2. Find the grid with the disabled Main Content block. Click the gear icon of the grid to open its settings, change the Wrapper from Lite checkout to None, then save your changes.
  3. Activate the Main Content block in that grid.
  4. Deactivate all the other blocks in that grid. Here is the list of blocks that exist there by default: Deliver to, Shipping methods, Customer, Address, Customer information, Customer's notes, Payment methods, Terms and conditions, Sign up for our newsletters!

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1773 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:12 AM #70

I see the Demo has the Step-by-Step Checkout [Deprecated] still available,  but for how long is the question? "Depreciated" indicates that it will be removed at some point.

Hi, please do not worry. We will support Step-by-step checkout addon no matter CS-Cart keeps it or not. :)

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for quality custom work/project

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:02 PM #71

Hi, please do not worry. We will support Step-by-step checkout addon no matter CS-Cart keeps it or not. :)

What is the difference between two checkouts you offer? one says simple and other one is flat? but screenshots of both look identical.

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:04 PM #72

@ikoshkin How unprofessional, didn't even bother to say - sorry can't help you? 

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:47 AM #73

@ikoshkin How unprofessional, didn't even bother to say - sorry can't help you? 

Well, an apology does not buy me nothing, would prefer a statement on what they are going to do, but no answer is coming. This leaves me no other choice than to shop for a different solution.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:40 AM #74

For the time being, the old checkout is still avaliable as an add-on. It still comes with new installations of CS-Cart (for example, with the latest 4.10.4 SP1). Eventually, deprecated add-ons stop coming with new installations, but remain in existing stores after upgrades. That way, those who used the add-on in the past can continue to do so, if they'd like.

We understand that not everyone is happy with the new checkout. Yet saying that everyone is unhappy based solely on the feedback in this topic would be an overstatement. We see that there is a large number of people who asked for the new checkout and are using it. That's why we can't immediately act on suggestions to deprecate the new checkout and bring back the old one.

However, since there is a problem, we'll be reviewing all the feedback received at the forum so far (here and in other threads) to see how we can improve the new checkout. These improvements probably won't come with 4.11.1 (it is almost finished, and is scheduled for release rather soon), but may come in later versions.

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:03 AM #75

I tried to 

For the time being, the old checkout is still avaliable as an add-on. It still comes with new installations of CS-Cart (for example, with the latest 4.10.4 SP1). Eventually, deprecated add-ons stop coming with new installations, but remain in existing stores after upgrades. That way, those who used the add-on in the past can continue to do so, if they'd like.

We understand that not everyone is happy with the new checkout. Yet saying that everyone is unhappy based solely on the feedback in this topic would be an overstatement. We see that there is a large number of people who asked for the new checkout and are using it. That's why we can't immediately act on suggestions to deprecate the new checkout and bring back the old one.

However, since there is a problem, we'll be reviewing all the feedback received at the forum so far (here and in other threads) to see how we can improve the new checkout. These improvements probably won't come with 4.11.1 (it is almost finished, and is scheduled for release rather soon), but may come in later versions.

Following on your suggestion to implement the old check out, I did, but it is rather messy and I can't understand what I should do to make it better, switching off or moving block does not improve a thing....

I did switch it on now, end up with still the same layout, first city province and country, moving it around creates no change but now I have 2 blocks where to leave a comment, three blocks where to accept conditions, and the button where to finish the order is somewhere in the middle....

whatever I move around, it does only make things worse....

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:10 AM #76

Once installed, can I deactivate the step by step check out? It has made things only worse! 

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:40 AM #77

I tried to 

Following on your suggestion to implement the old check out, I did, but it is rather messy and I can't understand what I should do to make it better, switching off or moving block does not improve a thing....

I did switch it on now, end up with still the same layout, first city province and country, moving it around creates no change but now I have 2 blocks where to leave a comment, three blocks where to accept conditions, and the button where to finish the order is somewhere in the middle....

I tried to 

I have followed up what is written below in order to deactivate the mess I had, the result is a 4 step ckeck out that does not work? 

Since I have little returning customers I gave the option of enlisting after completing the order, now it is shown as an option before the finalizing of the order. 

Which could be ok if it would work... it does not! 

I choose: Check out guest. Than I have to leave immediately my e-mail address, why? I do and click Checkout as guest. 

Nothing happens, no menu billing and shipping opens, I am stuck! 

Can you have a look what is happening here please? lanternevolanti.com is the domain

thanks

1. Go to Design → Layouts and switch to the Checkout tab.
  2. Find the grid with the disabled Main Content block. Click the gear icon of the grid to open its settings, change the Wrapper from Lite checkout to None, then save your changes.
  3. Activate the Main Content block in that grid.
  4. Deactivate all the other blocks in that grid. Here is the list of blocks that exist there by default: Deliver to, Shipping methods, Customer, Address, Customer information, Customer's notes, Payment methods, Terms and conditions, Sign up for our newsletters! 

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:46 AM #78

I have followed up what is written below in order to deactivate the mess I had, the result is a 4 step ckeck out that does not work? 

Since I have little returning customers I gave the option of enlisting after completing the order, now it is shown as an option before the finalizing of the order. 

Which could be ok if it would work... it does not! 

I choose: Check out guest. Than I have to leave immediately my e-mail address, why? I do and click Checkout as guest. 

Nothing happens, no menu billing and shipping opens, I am stuck! 

Can you have a look what is happening here please? lanternevolanti.com is the domain

thanks

1. Go to Design → Layouts and switch to the Checkout tab.
  2. Find the grid with the disabled Main Content block. Click the gear icon of the grid to open its settings, change the Wrapper from Lite checkout to None, then save your changes.
  3. Activate the Main Content block in that grid.
  4. Deactivate all the other blocks in that grid. Here is the list of blocks that exist there by default: Deliver to, Shipping methods, Customer, Address, Customer information, Customer's notes, Payment methods, Terms and conditions, Sign up for our newsletters! 

Tried to register as well, it creates a mess that is beyond believe..... 

Try it out.... 

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:55 AM #79

I've checked your site, and I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I can't help without admin access to your site. What I can do is check our demo and confirm that step-by-step checkout works there, once configured as described in the add-on settings. It does work, so the problem needs to be investigated in your store.

Please contact our technical support via Help Desk, and they'll look into the issue. Help Desk is the only place where we can safely accept access information to your site.

Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:35 AM #80

I've checked your site, and I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I can't help without admin access to your site. What I can do is check our demo and confirm that step-by-step checkout works there, once configured as described in the add-on settings. It does work, so the problem needs to be investigated in your store.

Please contact our technical support via Help Desk, and they'll look into the issue. Help Desk is the only place where we can safely accept access information to your site.

I have written them the below message, but have no clue how long it will take to pick you up. I will send them the access information as well. 

Hi,

I had CS CART Rocks checkout, worked like a charm. But after last update I had to delete it, PayPal did not work anymore. Then I chose to take one step check out CS CART. I don't like the layout, I can't change it, and I don't like the shipping choice black overlay.

So now I read on the forum that I could go back to the old 3 step check out. 

Out of all options it seemed best. 

Studied a bit and I have activated the old one. But even though all settings are correct it forces me to register, and I don't want that. That is why I have blocked it in settings in the first place...

Without creating an account no order, customers don't like this and will run off screaming. What do I have to do about that?