• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:56 AM #141

So I see that 4.10.2 is out but not showing in the upgrade section... we don't have to install .1 first do we?

Upgrades in the upgrade center are applied sequentially. If you want to upgrade from 4.9.3 to 4.10.2, you'll first need to install service packs for 4.9.3, then upgrade to 4.10.1, and then upgrade to 4.10.2. You can do it whenever you like, even after the upgrade subscription runs out (as long as the version you upgrade to was released while your subscription was active).

Also, upgrades are still provided in small batches:

For the time being, we provide upgrades to 4.10.1 and 4.10.2 in limited numbers. For example, at first we make 20 upgrade packages available for download. Those who check the Upgrade Center and download them, will get to upgrade first. After that, we make 40 upgrade packages available, and so on. This limitation gets lifted some time after the release.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:01 AM #142

A customer add the product to cart and move on to checkout , register an account or checkout as a guest , enter the name, address, email, phone number and move on to shipping and payment method, enter the credit card info and submit order, if the address entered does not match the address that is associated with the credit card used on file with the credit card bank, the transaction will be declined because we use fraud protection with our credit card processor to have the street address and zip code match, sure we can remove this requirement and take orders with it but that defeats the purpose of the fraud protection suite that we pay for to make sure the orders we receive are legit and not fraud, if the address entered was correct , in the backend on the order detail page we see this in the response from the credit card processor . This is the way it is with most merchants that I have done business with in USA, you add one billing address and as many shipping addresses as you want, but a billing address that is tied to the credit card used must be there. If we take orders without the billing address, we will be a sitting duck for fraudulent transactions that we can not refute if we get a chargeback. I really don't see the logic behind your thinking and why you want to do this. This will not work for me as I have mentioned on 2 of my stores I sell digital products that don't need a shipping address but a billing address, I will not upgrade and stay where I'm or move on for another platform if this stays the way it is. I have been using CS-Cart since Version 1.35 , more than 10 years now and hate to go somewhere else

What payment methods do you use? 

I'm asking about exact payment methods because most of the payment gateways already moved to 3D Secure or planning to do this.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:03 AM #143

Yeah.. I did all of that and it didn't work. Even after deleting cache, etc. I tried it on two different computes and 3 browsers. I had to roll back to fix it.

Please contact tech support and they will help you with that.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:05 AM #144

I use Paypal express and Stripe 

I have not heard of 3D

So not all major gateways are using it yet...

Unless I am misunderstanding your question?

Version 4.9.2

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:09 AM #145

Many customers, developer and ressellers told you in this post we need two kind of adresses (billing and shipping) for the customer, why are you dont believe us? What is the reason for?

It's not about believe. It's about a reason why.

Have you heard about 5Why framework. What I'm trying to is to understand the real reason why you ask for billing address.

When did you send an invoice by a post service in real life?

In case buyer want to receive an invoice he set his email, and that it's. Customers set their email even in case they buy for someone.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3270 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:36 AM #146

In my country if customer is a company, his billing address must be company headquater registration address, while shipping address can be different town, different warehouse.

I got customers from south america who have billing address for example Brazil, while shipping address to their store Spain, they ask to call in DHL in their behalf on their DHL account. All this must reflect on invoice, billing brazil, shipping spain.

I do not understand what do you not understand? I am not going to upgrade till this gets fixes or there will be some hack by third party.

Have you heard about 5Why framework. What I'm trying to is to understand the real reason why you ask for billing address.

In case buyer want to receive an invoice he set his email, and that it's. Customers set their email even in case they buy for someone.

• American
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:59 AM #147

Look... don't take this personally as I know you are from another generation, but in my previous life my 'studies' were focused on Russians and the Soviet Union.in general.. one thing I learned early on is that you guys view things in black and white and can be hard headed. :)

Your customers are telling you what we need and want, Capitalism 101 encompasses the economic law of supply and demand... we demand and you supply or you can't have our money, simple as that. We need this billing and shipping address solution so you might as well accept it. It's a long time standard in the ecom world and is very well established in what the client (us) and our customers expect.

So, easy on the Khrushchev mindset...  Мы вас похороним!  :) 

Вернемся к нашим баранам... пожалуйста

Brad G

CSC: 4.10.2

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:38 PM #148

Here is a screenshot of the billing address requirements on Amazon https://prnt.sc/o21xi3

Here it is in a later stage: https://prnt.sc/o21xz6

No please, keep the old checkout as an addon and don't stop it. I still use it. I found out that it is more user friendly than the current lite checkout. 

If you want to improve the lite checkout, it should be as follows: 

1- Checkout should be two steps separated in two pages.

2- Page one is the shipping address page. User fills the shipping address in the first page. Then click save. Then, all editable fields should be changed to text only, so that the user sees a summery of the shipping address that he filled. If the user clicks on edit, the input fields return. 

3- User clicks on continue, then the second page appears with all the other checkout requirements. 

Note1: this method is very mobile friendly. 

Note2: the currenty behavior of the lite checkout, especially this thing: https://prnt.sc/o21zzy is not user friendly at all. It is even misleading. 

Note3: Step by Step checkout with some styling and minor modification becomes very modern and easy. See my checkout: https://prnt.sc/o221bl

Note4: Review this study about the importance of Step by Step checkout (accordion style) https://baymard.com/...ckout-usability

Having said that, I hope you will not discontinue the Step by Step addon. If all the above doens't convince you, just keep it as an option. At least me will still use it for my 2 stores. 

Dear alaa,

Thank you for the most constructive comments. They were very helpful.

At the moment I will try to find a solution how to add billing address to new Checkouts.

I'm not sure we will split checkout into 2 steps or make any other significant changes, but for sure we will try to do it more user friendly. You are free to use the previous version of Checkouts.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:43 PM #149

Dear friends, thank you for your feedback! 

I will take a break for now.

But I confirm that we have to bring billing address back in new Checkout.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Daniel1003
  • Advanced Member
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:01 PM #150

Yes, and i wrote the reasons. But you never answered, i dont know if you read them.

Dont know if we talk past each other. But i never said i need a billing adress to send an invoice per post service. We send our invoices per mail.

Im very thankful.

www.shopfreaks.de | CS Cart Developer

• teosu
  • Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:06 PM #151

I hope you will dont store billing/shipping addresses in same row in db.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11325 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:41 PM #152

I hope you will dont store billing/shipping addresses in same row in db.

Why?  The order is a fixed document at that point.  I.e. it's a contract between buyer and seller.  If you move the address to a different table and enable that table to be modified by other things (like  a profile update) you will inadvertently change the order which will change the contract you have with the customer.  The order itself should contain both billing and shipping addresses as well as reference it's own external data that is not normally modified by other interfaces within the system.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• teosu
  • Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:06 PM #153

Why? My a customer placed a lot of orders, have 8-9 profile
All profiles billing address same only changing shipping addresses,
Think if cs-cart store addresses different row,
Customer will select billing later will select shipping an cs-cart can be write after addreses order row
Shortly profile field table db row have same billing address 9 record

• teosu
  • Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:13 PM #154

Also am not talking about orders, its need for profile billing/shipping addresses

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2632 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:59 PM #155

I'm glad that you've agreed to bring back the separate billing/shipping address. The way it works in my town is that everyone here has a separate billing and shipping address. To add to that, our shipping (home) addresses aren't in the USPS database and can't be verified. It is a huge pain in the butt, but it is how it is. There are about 3000 people in my town, so that would be 3000 people less that could purchase from a CS-Cart store.

So, basically, my credit card has a separate address than where I get my items shipped, so I need to have separate fields.

Hopefully we will see this release soon.

• gasngrills
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:02 PM #156

What payment methods do you use? 

I'm asking about exact payment methods because most of the payment gateways already moved to 3D Secure or planning to do this.

I use Authorize.net

CS-Cart 4.9.1

• gasngrills
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:09 PM #157

Thank you very much.

CS-Cart 4.9.1

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11325 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:56 PM #158

Why? My a customer placed a lot of orders, have 8-9 profile
All profiles billing address same only changing shipping addresses,
Think if cs-cart store addresses different row,
Customer will select billing later will select shipping an cs-cart can be write after addreses order row
Shortly profile field table db row have same billing address 9 record

The user can already have multiple profiles to store different shipping/billing address combinations. If what you're asking for is a separate profile table for billing/shipping addresses, that would be reasonable and have them tied into the profile.  But the order MUST have static data given it is a contract between buyer and seller.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• teosu
  • Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:46 AM #159

Are u seious? You dont want understant me.
Cs-cart multiple address profile support entering billing/shipping addresses same database line
Its not usable, all new shopify, yo-cart another multi vendor platforms
Using each address each row line. Anyway also o leave break now, i hope cs team understant me , what i want

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:55 AM #160

I've recorded a video with a checkout process implemented in the biggest Polish e-commerce platform: allegro.pl

They invest loads of money for UX Testing and they have all of the scenarios covered:

1) Different Shipping and Billing Address

2) Ability to have different Billing Address fields for company and individuals

The checkout experience is really easy, I highly recommend @Imac that you watch it.

Video: https://drive.google...F3p3px7-qr/view