• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations Rate Topic   - - - - -

• teosu
  • Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:06 PM #221

i was ask when u planned releasing 4.10.3 ?

also i have added big problems to bug tracker

https://forum.cs-car...-to-cart-issue/

and this

https://forum.cs-car...ng-calculation/

will that bugs will fix ?

@imac

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:40 PM #222

We always send out an invoice. Customer can delete it if they do not want it. Isn’t that easier or am i just missing something here.

Maybe I wasn't specific enough. The question should be: Do you want to receive an VAT invoice? This way I want to indicate that this is a company Invoice. In EU there are 2 different types of documents which you can receive: receipt (doesn't have buyers data) and invoice (has information about the buyer - company name, VAT number etc.) By default we send receipts printed on a fiscal printer.

In 4.10.3 we will not add this.

"Yes" will be the default value and there won't be option to change it.

As I mentioned above you will be able to modify it in smarty block

So the followup question is: Will you include it in other releases and if yes in which? I don't want to be annoying but this seems to be an easy task. Especially if you are working on it right now.

I need to know what kind of document the customer wants to receive and have different set of fields for the company and different set of fields for the individual. If different set of fields is to much hussle then at least there should be an information that company name and vat number are optional fields.

I think I'm not the only user that wants this basic functionality which is present in most of the EU shopping carts.

E.g. Prestashop has the following question for the billing address "Use this address for invoice too" with checkbox. I don't see (maybe I'm dumb) how to ask if the customer wants receipt or invoice without using double negatives (if default value is yes).

• mumbomedia
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:55 PM #223

Well, my customers are all EU based and ship worldwide. B2B and B2C will always get an invoice with all details incl. VAT. If someone doesn’t provide a VAT number in the optional field there won’t be a VAT number on the invoice. VAT will still be there. Lot’s of Dutch shops work like this. No matter what, i always receive a VAT invoice. Easiest way and presents solving a in my opinion non-existing problem.

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:41 PM #224

Well, my customers are all EU based and ship worldwide. B2B and B2C will always get an invoice with all details incl. VAT. If someone doesn’t provide a VAT number in the optional field there won’t be a VAT number on the invoice. VAT will still be there. Lot’s of Dutch shops work like this. No matter what, i always receive a VAT invoice. Easiest way and presents solving a in my opinion non-existing problem.

Yeah, I agree but in some countries if you exceed turnover established by law and you sell to natural person (not company) then you also need to register the transaction on a fiscal printer. The receipt with the registered invoice then goes to the bookkeeping and the electronic version of the invoice goes to the customer. This is how we do this.

Another thing is if you sell to a company. Then you send the VAT invoice with the given billing address but you should not register the transaction with a fiscal printer (you will have to pay VAT twice).

So basically I need to know if someone is natural person/company in order to know if I need to register transaction on a fiscal printer. This is needed because I have plenty of orders and I need to streamline the proces of issuing sales documents. 

I assume that if billing and shipping address are the same - I have to register the transaction on a fiscal printer

If no - then I check if there is a valid Vat number:

- If yes, then I don't register the transaction on a fiscal printer

- If no, then I have to register the transaction on a fiscal printer

The problem is that the above process cannot be implemented without asking stupid question (double negative) - because only no answer triggers event which opens additional set of inputs.

I hope that I've explained why I need it.

• GusM
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:59 PM #225

I will summarise 2 main problems at the moment:

1. Inability to enter the phone in any numeric format

2. Problems with Billing and Shipping address.

Before we discuss these problem let me explain why we did this:

1. This was done in order to normalise data in order and customer tables. Many of our clients make integrations with 3rd party CRM that has automatic call systems, besides when you as admin click on the phone from your mobile device you can call the client right away only if it in correct format. So the idea was to help customer enter the phone number with less mistakes, so the admin has less work to do with filtering this out.

2. From our statistics most store owners work on b2c market, and old checkout was a real problem for them. It's outdated for 10 years at least. And we obviously wanted to make it modern and usable for your clients with such feature as: automatic geolocation, minimum of fields, mobile-friendly . So this was the main idea. Unfortunately we did not digg in into b2b model and that is why from my point of view we have all this discussion.

Our Plans:

1. We will add ability to disable phone in international format, not sure in what why, but there will be some kind of option. (planned for 4.10.2)

2. In order to fix this we should understand the good modern practices and main scenarios

Possible solution at checkout customer selects whether he/she is a company or a regular person. If he is a regular person checkout stays as it is!

In case he selects that he represents a company - there are some extra field (these that previously were in billing sections)

Please note! that I'm no going to bring all the billing fields back for a regular person for cases like he buys for someone else, or he buys from another country. because:

- billing address when you are paying with card is obsolete for most of world payments.

- it can be easily solved by comments to an order

So please answer the following questions:

1. do you need billing address at checkout?

2. do you wok with companies (b2b)? if not please specify the reason why you need billing address

3. what approx percent of b2c compare to b2b sales on your site

4. what the best implementation of b2b checkout from you point of view (link or several to famous stores)

1. We updated from 4.9 to 4.10.2 and it updated our phone format to the intenational format without notification. It did not have any explanation note or tooltip with it in the checkout. Worst still it was only able to take 6 digits. Our mobiles here have 7 digits and our landlines vary. Luckily we were able to turn it off. A tooltip on the checkout that we could edited by admin would be useful though or if uses wish the ability to set up the number format including flexibilty in howmany digits are in the country code, area code or the main number. There is no constant internation standard.

2. I am wondering if you really changed the billing and shipping fields to suit people running their business from a mobile phone? That is fine running from a mobile but configuring CS Cart for that makes no sense. We use the shipping address as you would expect to create shipping labels but you have removed the customers name, so now we have to copy the name from the billing. That is a waste of time, prone to errors and does not allow the customer to specify someone elses name. That would be common in B2B but we also see it in B2C where someone is sending a gift or sends the item to parents or other family menber because they are at work.

Now, what would have been useful, over the years, would have been that if when the customer ticked that the shipping and billing address were the same that then on the backend that the details would be shown as one listing with the heading "Shipping & Billing" instread of two seperate listings.

You mentioned the idea that you might implement that a customer could choose as to whether they were a business or personal customer. To be fair that feature should have been in the cart for years. Further to that if a cutomer picks business then additional fields could open for Business Name, VAT No, PO etc. The option to have additional fiels forprivate customers might also be useful. 

I see it mentioned above but I will repeat it as well. Changes like these need to be flagged and dicussed beforehand. 

You asked above about whay % of customers were B2B or B2C. I don;t think that matters, it should work perfectly well for both. 

Also whilst you removed the customer name from the shipping address it appears that the fields are still there. On Paypal transactions the customers name appears in the shipping address.

We do need country codes and area codes as we use aftership to secnd SMS notifications. We have a note above the phone field showing what we need as the number format. Most fill it in correctly.

Sorry to say this guys but while most times in recent updates you have great leaps forward this time you have done a rearward step.

• Qbasix
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:20 AM #226

Hello 

We prepared the screenshots of how billing section will look like. As you can see in both screens the billing section is extended - this is for demonstration, in case customer selects "YES" for billing equal shipping it will be in one line as before.

Due to our new logic of blocks at new checkout you will be able to place it anywhere. On the screens one implementation is under shipping address, and another is under payment methods. Many big players do place billing address under payment methods. 

Also keep in mind that new logic with blocks allows you to select different fields for shipping and billing address. And as an example of this I added "company name" and "vat number" to billing address.

attachicon.gif payments-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png
attachicon.gif customer-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png

First question should be customers email address, which upon entry gets saved to the "cart", and if the customer abandones the cart we can then contact them with abandoned cart reminder, offer etc.

Using your test demo store I have configured the email to be first entry, its actually very neat how the blocks let you stack these steps.
However we need some background ajex work to save the details entered and cart contents before the customer clicks "Place Order".

This is how Shopify do it and it works really well for abandoned cart recovery. Currently with CS Cart many many abandoned carts have no details, so they are useless.

• Pbraz
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:49 AM #227

So lots of talk on the checkout and telephone number but does anyone have a view on the new display format for variations.

In the list view it allows a direct add to cart but no chance to select a variation unless you then click the product and select from that page. This will be confusing for customers. For example in the demo store we have the view below - What size blue or white t-shirt am I buying ??? How does customer know to go to product page ??? I think it should just have the select options button like in previous versions.

cscartnew.JPG

Paul
www.gohorse.com.au
Horse Rugs Store

• Qbasix
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 05:43 AM #228

So lots of talk on the checkout and telephone number but does anyone have a view on the new display format for variations.

In the list view it allows a direct add to cart but no chance to select a variation unless you then click the product and select from that page. This will be confusing for customers. For example in the demo store we have the view below - What size blue or white t-shirt am I buying ??? How does customer know to go to product page ??? I think it should just have the select options button like in previous versions.

cscartnew.JPG

In settings you can disable those "add to cart" buttons in the category list/search results. It will show "select options".

• Pbraz
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:42 AM #229

I have looked for an option like this before and just had another look but just can't find where this option is located.

Could you please point me in the right direction with a bit more info on where this option is.

Thanks

Paul

Paul
www.gohorse.com.au
Horse Rugs Store

• hoi
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:46 PM #230

So please answer the following questions:

1. do you need billing address at checkout?

=> Yes.

2. do you work with companies (b2b)? if not please specify the reason why you need billing address

=> B2C, if customers signed in, billing and shipping info should be filled in automatically, if they are new, they have to fill in shipping and billing address.

3. what approx percent of b2c compare to b2b sales on your site

=> 99% B2C and 1% B2B

4. what the best implementation of b2b checkout from you point of view (link or several to famous stores)

===================

In the new way to checkout, in my opinion, we should have:

Customer Sign-in at the top of the page, so when customer signed in, all Shipping and Billing Address automatically retrieved and filled up.

If customer NOT sign in from beginning, they have to fill in Shipping and Billing address as a new customer to the system.

Shipping and Billing Address fields should be loading and showing up in the /admin.php properly as it does in previous version.

Thanks,

Howard

• Lime Rikee
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 05:07 PM #231

Hello 

We prepared the screenshots of how billing section will look like. As you can see in both screens the billing section is extended - this is for demonstration, in case customer selects "YES" for billing equal shipping it will be in one line as before.

Due to our new logic of blocks at new checkout you will be able to place it anywhere. On the screens one implementation is under shipping address, and another is under payment methods. Many big players do place billing address under payment methods. 

Also keep in mind that new logic with blocks allows you to select different fields for shipping and billing address. And as an example of this I added "company name" and "vat number" to billing address.

Has the billing address been included in 4.10.2? or is it in the future 4.10.3 that we will have that back?  I'm looking at the demo and see shipping but the billing address in the profile field is deprecated and I haven't been able to get the billing city or state fields to show in your demo cart.

Barb

• Qbasix
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:58 PM #232

I have looked for an option like this before and just had another look but just can't find where this option is located.
Could you please point me in the right direction with a bit more info on where this option is.

Thanks
Paul

I just had a look at this might have changed since I first setup the settings 3 years ago!

We use GRID layout which has no options, so the customer is forced to click the link / picture and then see's the product page.

There is a setting:
Settings > Appearance > Available Product List Views > List without Options - try adjusting that setting.\

We are also using this add-on to configure the categories lists,
https://www.ecom-lab...iew-add-on.html

• crazyshark20
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:27 AM #233

Hi imac

i coudnt see Vat number in dev site its in it 4.10.3 wright??

Hello 

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:41 AM #234

Hi imac

i coudnt see Vat number in dev site its in it 4.10.3 wright??

Is it gonna be a special field (separate field in db)?

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:01 PM #235

Hi, how can I simply deactivate this pop up? I don't want it..... 

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:34 PM #236

Does anyone have an issue with Lite Checkout & FREE shipping? 

When I click "Click Here to Update Shipping Rate" city, state, country values disappear

If I login as customer shipping method shows up and I am able to fill the entire form - no issues

If I select "billing address is same as shipping address" shipping method shows up and I am able to complete the form - no issues

So the issue happens when customer is not logged in and "billing address is same as shipping address" not selected

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:56 PM #237

I've reproduced the problem at https://demo.cs-cart.com and will forward it to our developers. It occurs only when the "State" field is removed from checkout. For now, it's best to readd it.

Just in case, if you'd like to change the text of the message, go to Administration > Languages > Translations and find the following language variable: lite_checkout.click_here_to_update_shipping

This didn't occur to me at https://demo.cs-cart.com. Please provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce that problem at the demo, or contact our technical support via Help Desk regarding this.

Technically no, but visually yes. The city, country and state were moved at the beginning because they help to determine available shipping methods. And not all shipping methods require address. But you can put the Deliver to and Address blocks next to each other on the checkout page.

I ran into similar issue with FREE shipping 

https://imgur.com/a/qRoepRN

Only text FREE Shipping shows but not the shipping method, when i click on "click here to update" box, all fields city, state, country changes to default values 

If customer logs in before checkout, no issues 

if customer selects billing address is different than shipping address option - no issues 

I was not able to reproduce issue on demo but this might be a multivendor only issue

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:18 PM #238

I ran into similar issue with FREE shipping 

https://imgur.com/a/qRoepRN

Only text FREE Shipping shows but not the shipping method, when i click on "click here to update" box, all fields city, state, country changes to default values 

If customer logs in before checkout, no issues 

if customer selects billing address is different than shipping address option - no issues 

I was not able to reproduce issue on demo but this might be a multivendor only issue

The shipping method is vendor specific defined by the vendor 

• cigarhut
  • Trial users
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:41 AM #239

#imac

No plans for several Billing addresses. There will be several shipping addresses (in case allow multiple profiles is enabled) and only on billing address.

Can you describe a scenario when you need several billing addresses?

I have run several oscommerce websites for the last 15 years and am looking to migrate to cs cart, BUT after reading this post and looking into the "new and improved" checkout process, if I were to spend the 3500 on the multivender version I would have to do some serious rewites to get the check out to work as required not only for my customers but for my credit card processor and accounting software.

oscommerce lets you define how many address book entries a customer can store (I have mine set to 5)

customer can give those address book entries any name they like

customer can define if the entry is default billing, shipping or contact

(by default the cart only asks for 1 address and that is set for all 3 unless specified otherwise)

you asked for a scenario where a customer needs several billing addresses? I have hundred and HUNDREDS of customers that must have more than 1. like these examples

1 old customer has his wife or daughter or himself buy his cigars for him so he has 3 billing address and 2 shipping addresses, his house and his daughters work

another customer buys for his business and for himself. so at times he bills to his company, other times he bills to himself and ships to both

another customer is not so rich but always wants his cigars, sometimes 1 cc card is maxed so he orders with the other card he has

etc etc etc I could go on and on but you get the idea

my shops ask for billing first, then you are taken to shipping where you can enter a new address if needed, shipping is then calculated, customer reviews the order (can edit as needed) and then payment is made and order is processed.

I understand the desire to make checkout simpler and agree with the direction, BUT billing is absolutely a must for any shop in North America. we can NOT do business without it if we want to be able to accept credit cards and have any kind of fraud protection.

my dream checkout process would be like this...

customer clicks checkout

if not already logged in, cart asks for email address, if in database asks for password and then is taken to checkout

if not in database, is asked to create account or checkout as guest, fills in personal info, billing (and shipping address if not the same)

is then taken to checkout where he selects shipping method and pays for order

I tried it out on the demo site and was asked for shipping and billing on any profile I created, (via a check box if another was required)

your "user profiles" seem to be asking for same info multiple times if a customer has several cards they want to use and may ship to home, work, family member or friend as gift

why not just 1 address per profile with the ability to select it as the shipping, billing or contact address?

seems to me that would be a whole lot easier for both the shop and customer (it is also what I have on my system.

also I use an old version of MYOB that does not connect via api so I import via a csv file the order, purchases and customer data (3 separate files) customer has 3 address fields that must not be blank, customer, billing and shipping, if they are the same it is populated 3 times else each is entered as individual.

drop-ship email sent to vendor includes customer address AND shipping address

order email sent to shop owner and customer has both addresses as well

I am hoping, oh so hoping that upon further investigation into cs cart that it can do as I need it to to migrate from an outdated oscommerce site as it seems to have 90% of the functions I have already implemented and there are addons I gan but to fill in the rest.

my other option is to upgrade oscommerce to the latest bootstrap version and try to have the hundred or so ancient addons and code I wrote 10-12 years ago updated to php 7.2

imac, i sincerely hope you listen to your users and make the changes as requested so I can buy this system and make the move into the responsive world that much easier

all the best

Jim B

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:26 PM #240

lite_checkout.click_here_to_update_shipping:

I want to deactivate this POP UP, for me it is useless and creates only confusion for customers.

How can I deactivate it?