• You cannot reply to this topic

Promotions For Vendors Rate Topic   - - - - -

• imago
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:54 AM #21

You got it right.

Sorry to interrupt: If the promotions are linked to the categories rather than to products, how would you make sure that some other vendors would not sell their products in the promotion category? Promotions should be linked to vendor's products of choice rather than to all vendor's categories which in most cases are shared.

Let's make an example: there are three categories in store: A, B, C. Vendor has access to all categories, but he has products only in categories A and B, so he cannot create promotion for category C.

Vendor can first create a product in category C, then have promo access to it... On the other hand, if Vendor X has 1000 products in category A, it would be nice to have the option to select all of them for promotion.

We are talking logic, not implementation...

• fbranjo
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:54 AM #22

Sorry to interrupt: If the promotions are linked to the categories rather than to products, how would you make sure that some other vendors would not sell their products in the promotion category? Promotions should be linked to vendor's products of choice rather than to all vendor's categories which in most cases are shared.

If the add-on has a mechanism to only select Vendor's product when an individual Vendor creating a promotion using categories to promote all of his product in the categories then it would be good in addition I also agree with Imago that Promotions should be linked to Vendor's products of choice as another option if Vendor opt to individually select product to be promoted.

I think the add-on is great if the feature mentioned above will be added to make sure only product of Vendor who is creating promotions will be promoted.

• soft-solid
  • Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:42 PM #23

Vendor can first create a product in category C, then have promo access to it... On the other hand, if Vendor X has 1000 products in category A, it would be nice to have the option to select all of them for promotion.

We are talking logic, not implementation...

If the add-on has a mechanism to only select Vendor's product when an individual Vendor creating a promotion using categories to promote all of his product in the categories then it would be good in addition I also agree with Imago that Promotions should be linked to Vendor's products of choice as another option if Vendor opt to individually select product to be promoted.

I think the add-on is great if the feature mentioned above will be added to make sure only product of Vendor who is creating promotions will be promoted.

Hello guys,

Again, I'll use an example. Vendor X has 10 products in category A, vendor Y has 5 products in category A. Vendor X creates a promotion "if customer has three products from category A in cart, give him a cake". Using your suggestions, this promotion should trigger only using products that belong to vendor X, right?

If I'm missing something, tell me about that.

Best regards,

Robert

Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl

• fbranjo
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:05 PM #24

Hello guys,

Again, I'll use an example. Vendor X has 10 products in category A, vendor Y has 5 products in category A. Vendor X creates a promotion "if customer has three products from category A in cart, give him a cake". Using your suggestions, this promotion should trigger only using products that belong to vendor X, right?

If I'm missing something, tell me about that.

Best regards,

Robert

Exactly right Robert and I think we are all in the same page...

Are you going to adjust your add-on? If yes, I will definitely have your add-on. BTW is your add-on compatible with Unitheme by Alexbranding?

• soft-solid
  • Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:09 PM #25

Exactly right Robert and I think we are all in the same page...

Are you going to adjust your add-on? If yes, I will definitely have your add-on. BTW is your add-on compatible with Unitheme by Alexbranding?

OK, we can make this improvement. I will PM you when extension will be finished.

Also, our add-on affects promotions, while Unitheme affects graphic design. So these add-ons are 100% compatible :)

In case of any questions, please do not hesitate contact with me.

Best regards,

Robert

Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl

• imago
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:05 PM #26

OK, we can make this improvement. I will PM you when extension will be finished.

I was thinking the MV Plus promotions work exactly in this way, since the checkout is separate for each vendor...

• fbranjo
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:29 PM #27

Cool.. thanks.