Promotions For Vendors

You got it right.

Sorry to interrupt: If the promotions are linked to the categories rather than to products, how would you make sure that some other vendors would not sell their products in the promotion category? Promotions should be linked to vendor's products of choice rather than to all vendor's categories which in most cases are shared.

Let's make an example: there are three categories in store: A, B, C. Vendor has access to all categories, but he has products only in categories A and B, so he cannot create promotion for category C.

Vendor can first create a product in category C, then have promo access to it... On the other hand, if Vendor X has 1000 products in category A, it would be nice to have the option to select all of them for promotion.

We are talking logic, not implementation...

Sorry to interrupt: If the promotions are linked to the categories rather than to products, how would you make sure that some other vendors would not sell their products in the promotion category? Promotions should be linked to vendor's products of choice rather than to all vendor's categories which in most cases are shared.

If the add-on has a mechanism to only select Vendor's product when an individual Vendor creating a promotion using categories to promote all of his product in the categories then it would be good in addition I also agree with Imago that Promotions should be linked to Vendor's products of choice as another option if Vendor opt to individually select product to be promoted.

I think the add-on is great if the feature mentioned above will be added to make sure only product of Vendor who is creating promotions will be promoted.

Vendor can first create a product in category C, then have promo access to it... On the other hand, if Vendor X has 1000 products in category A, it would be nice to have the option to select all of them for promotion.

We are talking logic, not implementation...

If the add-on has a mechanism to only select Vendor's product when an individual Vendor creating a promotion using categories to promote all of his product in the categories then it would be good in addition I also agree with Imago that Promotions should be linked to Vendor's products of choice as another option if Vendor opt to individually select product to be promoted.

I think the add-on is great if the feature mentioned above will be added to make sure only product of Vendor who is creating promotions will be promoted.

Hello guys,

Again, I'll use an example. Vendor X has 10 products in category A, vendor Y has 5 products in category A. Vendor X creates a promotion "if customer has three products from category A in cart, give him a cake". Using your suggestions, this promotion should trigger only using products that belong to vendor X, right?

If I'm missing something, tell me about that.

Best regards,

Robert

Hello guys,

Again, I'll use an example. Vendor X has 10 products in category A, vendor Y has 5 products in category A. Vendor X creates a promotion "if customer has three products from category A in cart, give him a cake". Using your suggestions, this promotion should trigger only using products that belong to vendor X, right?

If I'm missing something, tell me about that.

Best regards,

Robert

Exactly right Robert and I think we are all in the same page...

Are you going to adjust your add-on? If yes, I will definitely have your add-on. BTW is your add-on compatible with Unitheme by Alexbranding?

Are you going to adjust your add-on? If yes, I will definitely have your add-on. BTW is your add-on compatible with Unitheme by Alexbranding?

OK, we can make this improvement. I will PM you when extension will be finished.

Also, our add-on affects promotions, while Unitheme affects graphic design. So these add-ons are 100% compatible :)

In case of any questions, please do not hesitate contact with me.

Best regards,

Robert

OK, we can make this improvement. I will PM you when extension will be finished.

I was thinking the MV Plus promotions work exactly in this way, since the checkout is separate for each vendor...

Cool.. thanks.

Hi,

it is great idea for change this addon. Please be in customer/store owner position to make a good workflow. ALSO

1. Please add enable/disable this promotion for vendor in vendor plan, so store owner can create different package.

2. Add a block showing all current vendor promotion at home page which will link to a promotion page that showing all current promotions of vendors

3. Add a block showing vendor promotion at vendor page.

Thanks and i will wait for the improvement to purchase, i dont mind to pay extra for the addon but at least it has good business workflow and the cost is not too much. Message me when you have some of the improvement.

Hi,

it is great idea for change this addon. Please be in customer/store owner position to make a good workflow. ALSO

1. Please add enable/disable this promotion for vendor in vendor plan, so store owner can create different package.

2. Add a block showing all current vendor promotion at home page which will link to a promotion page that showing all current promotions of vendors

Thanks and i will wait for the improvement to purchase, i dont mind to pay extra for the addon but at least it has good business workflow and the cost is not too much. Message me when you have some of the improvement.

Hello,

I do not understand first point. Do you want to join promotion with vendor plans? How should this work? Do you want to prevent vendors from creating their own promotions & let them use only those from vendor plan?

Please explain this with more details.

Best regards,

Robert

I do not understand first point. Do you want to join promotion with vendor plans? How should this work? Do you want to prevent vendors from creating their own promotions & let them use only those from vendor plan?

This feature is in MV Plus - Advanced Privileges for Vendors

In the user group permissions, under Catalog, you can allow or disallow Product Promotions for this or that Plan.

Hi,

To explain more. With this add-on, vendors can create promotions without administrator help. Do you want to create dependency between vendor plan and ability to create vendor promotions? (for example, vendors with Bronze plan cannot create their promotions, but Silver plan allows them to do so)

Hello,

updated version of add-on is available in store http://mvdemo.cs-cart.pl/adminmv.php

It contains modification that you mentioned in one of your previous posts - restrictions of categories that vendor can see when creating promotion.

Please try it out.

To explain more. With this add-on, vendors can create promotions without administrator help. Do you want to create dependency between vendor plan and ability to create vendor promotions? (for example, vendors with Bronze plan cannot create their promotions, but Silver plan allows them to do so)

Yes, correct. I want to use promotion for different Vendor plan. I might disable it for the lowest plan. If this addon compete to get better sales with current CS-cart plus, it must have better features than CS-cart, it is my opinion.

@Imago, Yes, i know there is advanced Privilege in Multivendor plus, but by adding enable/disable in plan for this addon, it is more convenient.

Thank you

Hello,

updated version of add-on is available in store http://mvdemo.cs-cart.pl/adminmv.php

It contains modification that you mentioned in one of your previous posts - restrictions of categories that vendor can see when creating promotion.

Please try it out.

Hi,

I just tried this out, and im confused.

1. Since i saw Vendor can create promotion, so what is the point of "[PVEN] - Discount for products from vendor "?

This condition only work if admin create promotion for vendor right? But vendor can do the same :confused:

2. Is "[PVEN] - Categories in which the vendor has products " sub condition for "[PVEN] - Discount for products from vendor "?

Hi,

I just tried this out, and im confused.

1. Since i saw Vendor can create promotion, so what is the point of "[PVEN] - Discount for products from vendor "?

This condition only work if admin create promotion for vendor right? But vendor can do the same :confused:

2. Is "[PVEN] - Categories in which the vendor has products " sub condition for "[PVEN] - Discount for products from vendor "?

This is functionality designed especially for user fbranjo.

We're now working on your functionality (vendor can create promotions only if his plan allows him to do so), I will PM you when it will be ready.

Yes, correct. I want to use promotion for different Vendor plan. I might disable it for the lowest plan. If this addon compete to get better sales with current CS-cart plus, it must have better features than CS-cart, it is my opinion.

@Imago, Yes, i know there is advanced Privilege in Multivendor plus, but by adding enable/disable in plan for this addon, it is more convenient.

Thank you

Hello andymike123,

modified version of add-on is available on mvdemo store.

Vendor Acme Corporation has plan Platinum, which does not allow creating promotions due to checkbox in plan configuration. Vendor does not see "Promotions" tab.

You can check this out by logging as vendor:

http://mvdemo.cs-cart.pl/vendormv.php

login: ven@test.pl

password: admin

Please test it out.

Best regards,

Robert

Hi,

I tested it, you are awesome but there is 1 problem.

For example, vendor A with plan A (like Acme corp as example), were allowed to create promotion. So A created promotion and active. Then A change plan B which is NOT allowed to create promotion, promotion not showing anymore --> Good

BUT when A change back to plan A, Im seeing the promotion that A created before doesnot disable and they are active meaning when he change plan B, his promotion didnot stop or be disabled. So all active promotion should be disable if vendor A change to plan B which doesnot allow to create promotion. Let me know if you understand what im saying.

Thanks and im working on some customization, i will pm you soon

Advanced Privileges are not working correctly with Promotions. Vendor admins see them even though they are not allowed to do so; probably it is better to have this option in the Plan.

Hi,

I tested it, you are awesome but there is 1 problem.

For example, vendor A with plan A (like Acme corp as example), were allowed to create promotion. So A created promotion and active. Then A change plan B which is NOT allowed to create promotion, promotion not showing anymore --> Good

BUT when A change back to plan A, Im seeing the promotion that A created before doesnot disable and they are active meaning when he change plan B, his promotion didnot stop or be disabled. So all active promotion should be disable if vendor A change to plan B which doesnot allow to create promotion. Let me know if you understand what im saying.

Thanks and im working on some customization, i will pm you soon

Hello,

we pushed this change to mvdemo store. Now if vendor plan will change from one with promotions allowed to promotions not allowed, all vendor promotions get disabled.

Please test it out.

Best regards,

Robert

Hello,

we pushed this change to mvdemo store. Now if vendor plan will change from one with promotions allowed to promotions not allowed, all vendor promotions get disabled.

Please test it out.

Best regards,

Robert

I have tested a little bit and have a question. When creating a vendor promotion, he (vendor) see all this conditions like: user, user groups subscribed, ect. ? And they all works ok with vendor? Does vendor need all this conditions?

Regards