• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

403 Error - Changing Category Descriptions Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:08 PM #1

Hello,

When using the backend's text editor for Category text's, whenever I use the ''Save'' or ''Save and close'' button I get a 403 error. Saying I do not have permission. Whenever I use the on-site editor, it works just fine. Although that lacks functionallity like posting links and such. Anyway, how do I fix the 403 error whenever I use the conventional editor? 

Thanks in advance. 

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11338 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:05 PM #2

What do you mean by "the on-site editor"?

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19593 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:39 AM #3

What do you mean by "the on-site editor"?

https://docs.cs-cart...emplate-editing

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11338 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:12 PM #4

Not quite sure of the correlation between the html editor of data and the template editor for template code.  How would you change the description (text) of a category using the template editor?  I must be missing something in this communication.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19593 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:50 AM #5

Not quite sure of the correlation between the html editor of data and the template editor for template code.  How would you change the description (text) of a category using the template editor?  I must be missing something in this communication.

I agree with Tony. At first try to clear cache (possibly permissions schema is not cached correctly). If it does not help, try to disable 3rd party addons (they can incorrectly extend permissions schema)

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.