• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stripe Connect Testing Rate Topic   - - - - -

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:10 PM #1

CS-cart team,

You have good documentation about how to configure and integrate Stripe connect, however it is completely missing a section on how to test end-to-end flow with a sample Admin, vendor and buyer account.

Stripe does have instructions on test card #s and account #s for testing but they have written the instruction for developers.

It would be nice to document steps to test with CS-cart & Stripe Connect in one place for average user without getting to deep into APIs. 

My sample seller account shows in development mode and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change to live mode. That is what happens when you take few instructions from CS-cart and few from Stripe and then you don't know what you did.

• fbranjo
  • Trial users
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:02 AM #2

Definitely helpful if there's a step on how to test it.

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:03 PM #3

CS-cart team,

You have good documentation about how to configure and integrate Stripe connect, however it is completely missing a section on how to test end-to-end flow with a sample Admin, vendor and buyer account.

Stripe does have instructions on test card #s and account #s for testing but they have written the instruction for developers.

It would be nice to document steps to test with CS-cart & Stripe Connect in one place for average user without getting to deep into APIs. 

My sample seller account shows in development mode and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change to live mode. That is what happens when you take few instructions from CS-cart and few from Stripe and then you don't know what you did.

CS-cart team? Anyone? 

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:13 AM #4

Found this video, not exactly what I was looking for but it has enough information to run test and live transactions.. hope this helps..

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:27 PM #5

So this is very straight forward but if you are a first timer this might be helpful.

For admin's stripe connect account you have toggle button "View test data", for testing mode, toggle that button it will change to orange color and "test data" tag will show up on the top. 

Now go under Developers -> API Keys and copy test keys under "Publishable key" and "Secret Key."

You will notice word "test" with in the key itself, these keys are for testing purposes only. 

Paste these keys under payment method -> stripe connect -> settings. Now you are in testing mode.

Within testing mode you could login as a buyer and make a purchase using test numbers provided by Stripe.

You will find them here:  https://stripe.com/docs/testing

Once you are satisfied with testing, login to Admin's Strip Connect and toggle "View test data"  button -the button will get grayed out. This will also generate new set of API keys under Developers -> API Keys (these are real keys), copy/paste in the cs-cart Stripe connect setting, now you are live...

As a buyer perform one real transaction, complete the transaction with cs-cart, make sure all payments show up.

Hope this helps to someone...