• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Can We Improve Cs-Cart? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• FDGWEB
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:22 PM #21

+1 for feature: "Core updates need to be as seamless as WordPress". I've heard the more recent versions are like this ..  but have yet to see it.

FDG Web, Inc - Seattle Web Design : Custom CS-Cart Programming & Design | Toll-Free: 877.239.3083

Download Proposal Templates & Web Design Contract Samples

• Luthien
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:29 PM #22

I am the admin on our site and I can make a couple of suggestions from my viewpoint. It always seems to be the detail needed from a customer perspective that is missing (and admin sees and hears about so many of the problems customers have)

We recently looked at activating the gift certificate cscart add-on after customers emails requesting gift cetificates leading up to christmas. I referred to these pages: 

http://kb.cs-cart.co...ift-certificate

http://kb.cs-cart.co...tificates-addon

You can only have both email and posted GC - these days I only want email GC. Could cscart give admin the option to use one or both.

I wanted to add explanations to customers about the fields to complete on the storefront  because I could see mistakes would happen.

eg To: (the name of the person you are sending the gC to)

email (the email to send the gift certiciate to or send it to yourself and forward the GC on to the recipient)

Ideally I would like to add an image or a set of images for customers to choose from e.g. happybirthday, congratulations, thank you, merry xmas.

I looked on cscart marketplace to find an add-on that would cover GC well. Could find nothing.

So I moved on as I have a mammoth todo list.

This is an example of something I would like improved. I guess the cscart team could quickly brainstorm what is needed and have a look at some big retailers and how they are selling gift certificates online to work out the best solution. 

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3307 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:57 AM #23

I wis i could assign mote then one brand for the product.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11422 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:18 PM #24

You can only have both email and posted GC - these days I only want email GC. Could cscart give admin the option to use one or both.

I wanted to add explanations to customers about the fields to complete on the storefront  because I could see mistakes would happen.

eg To: (the name of the person you are sending the gC to)

email (the email to send the gift certiciate to or send it to yourself and forward the GC on to the recipient)

Ideally I would like to add an image or a set of images for customers to choose from e.g. happybirthday, congratulations, thank you, merry xmas.

This could all be done with a single override file for the form and possible small extension to the controller.

I'm guessing you want to provide a different message in the GC based on what image the user clicked on for type of GC.

Feel free to click the link in my signature and provide requirements and I'll be happy to give you a quote.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Luthien
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:48 AM #25

This could all be done with a single override file for the form and possible small extension to the controller.

I'm guessing you want to provide a different message in the GC based on what image the user clicked on for type of GC.

Feel free to click the link in my signature and provide requirements and I'll be happy to give you a quote.

Thank you - much appreciated

• becomarius
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:16 PM #26

Option that we can sell with list price

So: In this moment we can`t sell with PRICE zero and LIST PRICE with value

Or something similiar, and let me tell why

"cscart_products" don`t include PRICE row, include only LIST PRICE, but include PRODUCT CODE

I guess i tell in another topic my case, and think i`m not the only in the world

Medium company`s have a diferent inventory ( ERP ) software`s, like B2B companyes... i gues i now some shops from our supplyers that use Cscart... they don`t sell to FINAL CLIENTS. That companyes sell only to other companyes. B2B = Business to Business

Example:

I have in my ERP sistem a product with code 5458898 at price 120$
So i can`t remote SQL my product with my Cscart

I can`t sincronize 5458898 with 120$ PRICE
I can sincronize 5458898 just with LIST PRICE

As i said...there are not in the same table at mysql

Sincronize with product ID it is more dificult to make same ID`s in to ERP software and Cscart the same

In my case i make (someone from our community) a CUSTOM addon. Addon use a CRON job... to make each X minutes LIST PRICE the same with PRICE, we can`t make discount, in this case... but at this moment we don`t need

Sorry if my english was bad

CS Cart lovers

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11422 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:51 PM #27

You should use the API to be most flexible.

Otherwise you need to update the cscart_prices table with your pricing since that's where the matrix of product prices is stored.

You can't blame cs-cart because your integration is not correct. 

If you want to update product price in csccart_prices and you know the product_id, you could use:

REPLACE INTO cscart_product_prices (product_id, price, lower_limit) VALUES ([your product_id], [your price], 1)

Substituting correct values for those in brackets ([]).

Otherwise if you know the product_code and you know it's unique, you can adjust the SQL above to do a join on the cscart_products table to get the product_id

Note if you have multiple storefronts it gets more complicated and may take more SQL statements to get pricing correct across multiple storefronts.

Your statements above imply that mySQL is open to the outside world for your site which could be a huge security issue.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• becomarius
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:04 PM #28

I don`t blame nobody

Was just an opinion "Option that we can sell with list price" with an example

I guess someonelse whant this option for another reason ...

- I tell withoud product ID

- Good to now about security issue... im` not expert

CS Cart lovers