How Can We Improve Cs-Cart?

+1 for feature: "Core updates need to be as seamless as WordPress". I've heard the more recent versions are like this .. but have yet to see it.

I am the admin on our site and I can make a couple of suggestions from my viewpoint. It always seems to be the detail needed from a customer perspective that is missing (and admin sees and hears about so many of the problems customers have)

We recently looked at activating the gift certificate cscart add-on after customers emails requesting gift cetificates leading up to christmas. I referred to these pages:

http://kb.cs-cart.com/creating-gift-certificate

http://kb.cs-cart.com/setting-up-the-Gift-certificates-addon

You can only have both email and posted GC - these days I only want email GC. Could cscart give admin the option to use one or both.

I wanted to add explanations to customers about the fields to complete on the storefront because I could see mistakes would happen.

eg To: (the name of the person you are sending the gC to)

email (the email to send the gift certiciate to or send it to yourself and forward the GC on to the recipient)

Ideally I would like to add an image or a set of images for customers to choose from e.g. happybirthday, congratulations, thank you, merry xmas.

I looked on cscart marketplace to find an add-on that would cover GC well. Could find nothing.

So I moved on as I have a mammoth todo list.

This is an example of something I would like improved. I guess the cscart team could quickly brainstorm what is needed and have a look at some big retailers and how they are selling gift certificates online to work out the best solution.

I wis i could assign mote then one brand for the product.

You can only have both email and posted GC - these days I only want email GC. Could cscart give admin the option to use one or both.

I wanted to add explanations to customers about the fields to complete on the storefront because I could see mistakes would happen.

eg To: (the name of the person you are sending the gC to)

email (the email to send the gift certiciate to or send it to yourself and forward the GC on to the recipient)

Ideally I would like to add an image or a set of images for customers to choose from e.g. happybirthday, congratulations, thank you, merry xmas.

This could all be done with a single override file for the form and possible small extension to the controller.

I'm guessing you want to provide a different message in the GC based on what image the user clicked on for type of GC.

Feel free to click the link in my signature and provide requirements and I'll be happy to give you a quote.

This could all be done with a single override file for the form and possible small extension to the controller.

I'm guessing you want to provide a different message in the GC based on what image the user clicked on for type of GC.

Feel free to click the link in my signature and provide requirements and I'll be happy to give you a quote.

Thank you - much appreciated

Option that we can sell with list price

So: In this moment we can`t sell with PRICE zero and LIST PRICE with value

Or something similiar, and let me tell why

"cscart_products" don`t include PRICE row, include only LIST PRICE, but include PRODUCT CODE

I guess i tell in another topic my case, and think i`m not the only in the world

Medium company`s have a diferent inventory ( ERP ) software`s, like B2B companyes... i gues i now some shops from our supplyers that use Cscart... they don`t sell to FINAL CLIENTS. That companyes sell only to other companyes. B2B = Business to Business

Example:

I have in my ERP sistem a product with code 5458898 at price 120$
So i can`t remote SQL my product with my Cscart

I can`t sincronize 5458898 with 120$ PRICE
I can sincronize 5458898 just with LIST PRICE

As i said...there are not in the same table at mysql

Sincronize with product ID it is more dificult to make same ID`s in to ERP software and Cscart the same

In my case i make (someone from our community) a CUSTOM addon. Addon use a CRON job... to make each X minutes LIST PRICE the same with PRICE, we can`t make discount, in this case... but at this moment we don`t need

Sorry if my english was bad

You should use the API to be most flexible.

Otherwise you need to update the cscart_prices table with your pricing since that's where the matrix of product prices is stored.

You can't blame cs-cart because your integration is not correct.

If you want to update product price in csccart_prices and you know the product_id, you could use:

REPLACE INTO cscart_product_prices (product_id, price, lower_limit) VALUES ([your product_id], [your price], 1)

Substituting correct values for those in brackets ([]).

Otherwise if you know the product_code and you know it's unique, you can adjust the SQL above to do a join on the cscart_products table to get the product_id

Note if you have multiple storefronts it gets more complicated and may take more SQL statements to get pricing correct across multiple storefronts.

Your statements above imply that mySQL is open to the outside world for your site which could be a huge security issue.

I don`t blame nobody

Was just an opinion "Option that we can sell with list price" with an example

I guess someonelse whant this option for another reason ...

- I tell withoud product ID

- Good to now about security issue... im` not expert

Can someone give information about v5? v4 uses old technologies and i am really curious, will v5 support pwa frontend? almost all shopping sites have switched to pwa technology.

I want to build my advanced plans on this technology.

Which specific technologies are you talking about? PWA is an acronym for "progressive web application" which really means nothing. It means using current html, css and javascript. The only difference with much of mainstream is use of Smarty versus TWIG. From a technical perspecitve, there's no real advantage to TWIG other than it's more common and more school kids can be hired at cheap rates who are familiar with it. They are both pre-processors that generate cached html pages.

Yes i am talking just css, java scripts (react, node, vue, etc) for frontend, like simtechdev’s pwajet but i want to learn cs-cart will support this technology offically

Yes i am talking just css, java scripts (react, node, vue, etc) for frontend, like simtechdev’s pwajet but i want to learn cs-cart will support this technology offically

Trouble is there are many to choose from... I'm sure they will be using some form of enhanced javascript (pre-processing) just like they picked up 'less' (pre-processing for css). Does it matter which technology they choose? You know them well enough to know they aren't going to ask you for your preference. They're going to make technical decisions based on their internal needs, expertise and staffing.

1. Each Product will have a cost entry.
2. Each Order will have a shipping cost entry.
3. Total Profit on Order will be displayed in order details.
4. When the cost of the product changes the previous sales will not change. They will stay the same according to how much the cost was when it was sold.
5. Reporting for the Profits

can not believe that to this day supplier cost is not part of core

a few 3 party developers have made some attempts to implement it but as any drop shipper will tell you, you must include product cost and product code in order sent to supplier
sellers product sku/code may not be the same as suppliers, need to be able to enter it in product info page

currently we have sell price and list price but NOT cost price
currently we have supplier and product code but NOT supplier's product code

I am in need of getting this developed for me as supplier notification MUST include their product code and price or they may not figure out exactly the item they are supposed to ship to customer and if the cost they are to charge me is what I am expecting it to be (some make price changes without proper notice)

Our EZ Admin Helper addon has cost based pricing (or simply cost tracking) as just one of the many enhancements it provides. Adding a Supplier product code is not a big deal. The issue becomes getting it available via the API, integrated into the newer email system, and all the other nuanced places where it might be needed. And then there's the work to get a new field to work with Variations and/or Common Products.

If you want further extensions, contact me via the Get A Quote link in my signature and specify your additional needs.

Our EZ Admin Helper addon has cost based pricing (or simply cost tracking) as just one of the many enhancements it provides. Adding a Supplier product code is not a big deal. The issue becomes getting it available via the API, integrated into the newer email system, and all the other nuanced places where it might be needed. And then there's the work to get a new field to work with Variations and/or Common Products.

If you want further extensions, contact me via the Get A Quote link in my signature and specify your additional needs.

Hi Tony,
I was looking at buying that add on and was planning on contacting you again as we spoke via email last august regarding some work possibilities

I have a local MS Access database that I use for all my product info from several suppliers
I import their stock and price lists into it and then export/import into CS-Cart via Product Import addon

I have currently hacked the cart to include Supplier SKU and cost by adding them as Features
Google feed MPN for Supplier SKU and a Vendor Price field I created myself. These I can at last import into CS-Cart via a csv file BUT I can not seem to figure out how to include them into the Supplier Notification email.

Long story short, I need supplier cost and supplier sku added to the main set of variables so they can be called later in things such as supplier notifications and MYOB exports (big modifications needed there for some custom mods my existing osCommerce cart uses)

Automatically include dev subdomains to be covered by a licence.