• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

View And Edit Page Source Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:37 PM #1

Whats the quickest way to find and edit the HTML source code of an individual page.

E.G Where would I find, on my server, the source code for the Checkout Page.

I've asked a lot of questions today, I'm learning a hell of a lot as I go. All help, from anyone, is massively appreciated, always!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19388 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:01 AM #2

http://docs.cs-cart..../templates.html

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:50 AM #3

sorry to be a pain, I've had a search and can find many different checkout.tpl files.

None of them contain this;

<div class="customer-notes">
<p class="strong">You can leave us a comment here</p>
<textarea class="input-textarea checkout-textarea" name="customer_notes" cols="60" rows="3"></textarea>
</div>

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:47 AM #4

Easiest way to find the correct file is use the languages translations feature of the admin panel. Here you can change the text or find the variable containing the text. Then you can search the templates for that variable.

You can't search for html code because the smarty code generates this on the fly.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:13 AM #5

Ok, another idea.

I want to delete this box.

Posted Image

I right click it - Inspect Element - and highlight <div class="customer-notes"> (as this is what I want rid of)

Posted Image

Where do I go from here? The frsutrating this, I figured this out a few weeks ago - now for the life of me can't seem to work it out.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19388 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:23 AM #6

design\themes\YOUR_THEME\templates\views\checkout\components\customer_notes.tpl

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:49 AM #7

Thanks again eCom, sorted.

So easy, yet so hard. :D

I'm sure I did it a differnet way last time though, using dev tools to find and edit a CSS sheet?

• jain1980
  • Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:26 AM #8

How do you add some tracking code on the checkout page in the <head> tag?

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3344 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:01 AM #9

How do you add some tracking code on the checkout page in the <head> tag?

Hello!

You can use {hook name="index:head_scripts"}{/hook} hook with the following condition:

{if $runtime.controller == "checkout" && $runtime.mode == "checkout"}{/if}

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce - get advanced ecommerce analytics

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19388 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:10 AM #10

Try to use checkout layout pages settings

http://prntscr.com/k9rth0