• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.3.1 Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 1 votes

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:16 PM #121

Then your hosting will have to specify that for you. Did you look at your error_log from when you tried to extract via the upgrade? It will probably indicate a permission issue.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:36 PM #122

That is what I am trying to look at now. Just waiting for it to generate the log.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:14 PM #123

Huh? error_log should be real-time. It's generated by PHP during runtime.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Rafass
  • Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:36 PM #124

[Excuse me the off topic]
Someone can give me a hand with this, please?

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:57 PM #125

What interesting is we have been upgrading since version 2.X with not a single issue.. Same dedicated server from the beginning..
Now all the sudden everyone is having issues.. Sorry but something has changed on cs-cart's side..

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:06 PM #126

they need to raise the support charges an hire a TEAM of support people and programmers.
cs-cart 4.2.1

• vicwood
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:15 AM #127

Can someone explain how to undo the upgrade when it doesnt work correctly and you cannot see any options in the Admin-Upgrade center.
I get the error below whenever I try to do anythingin Admin or on the web site
ErrorOops, something went wrong (SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input). Please try again.

• japanexp
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:40 AM #128

Also store logo goes back to Demo Store default... come on guys

• vicwood
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:51 AM #129

When I link thru to the retore file in the email that was generated I get 404 error?

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:39 AM #130

Can someone explain how to undo the upgrade when it doesnt work correctly and you cannot see any options in the Admin-Upgrade center. I get the error below whenever I try to do anythingin Admin or on the web site ErrorOops, something went wrong (SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input). Please try again.

When I link thru to the retore file in the email that was generated I get 404 error?

vicwood, post a ticket to tech support they will help you promtly.
Don't forget to add Access Information.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• jimmyod
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:50 PM #131

Note that *.tgz is a very common format. Also note that cs-cart no longer uses the tar archive class but instead relies upon the PHP extension Phar. Phar can be very picky about extracting files. What was the error you got when you tried to unpack it via the file manager? Note that you should also examine your error_log for errors related to permissions.

Note too that Go Daddy is not exactly merchant quality hosting for a business critical application.

Should the uc.tgz have execute permissions?
I am having same issues.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:05 PM #132

uc.tgz should only need to be readable. It is not written to.
But the rest of the site must be writeable so that files extracted from uc.tgz can be overwritten.

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:31 AM #133

I have done updates in the past and they always work. Wonder why this one is not working.
Jimmyod, Are you on Godaddy also?

And CS-CART Team.
How can I manually upgrade. My hosting is telling me that I may have to upgrade my hosting package to deal with it extracting which does not make sense since this has been working in the past.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:08 AM #134

I have done updates in the past and they always work. Wonder why this one is not working.
Jimmyod, Are you on Godaddy also?

And CS-CART Team.
How can I manually upgrade. My hosting is telling me that I may have to upgrade my hosting package to deal with it extracting which does not make sense since this has been working in the past.

This is obviously an issue with cs-cart... We are on a private dedicated server and have been upgrading since V2.X with not a single issue.. Now all the sudden everyone is having issues with this release..

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• Joachim
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:59 AM #135

Does everyone have problems with the update? Or just some unlucky few?
<p>4.4.2 Ultimate (6 storefronts)

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:48 PM #136

We have kept our site relatively unmodified in anticipation that the upgrades would at least work fine for an unmodified store. I did expect that our minor CSS changes that are not yet transferred to the mychanges addon would be lost. but to have a relatively standard store broken is another thing all together.
I think that software licence holders should expect that an upgrade offered should work without problems.
After upgrade 4.2.4 > 4.3.1 :
1. Storefront now using "Basic" theme. Was using Responsive.
- "Demo Store" logo showing instead of our logo.
2. PayPal Express not working.

Edit... Upon investigation, it may be that PayPal Express has never worked, thus the cause may well have nothing to do with the upgrade and subsiquent restore.

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:04 PM #137

Does everyone have problems with the update? Or just some unlucky few?

Looks like a select few.
Our issue is after clicking install for the update we get a blank page and in IE says 500 internal server error.
Our store has 0 mods.

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 5070 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:42 PM #138

It may well be "sheer foolishness" (BTW, thanks for calling me a fool, much apreciated) but I think it is 100% justifiable to blame cs-cart if the upgrade is buggy.

I stand by the comment, you were not targetted personally dont worry and these issues are not good, I understand that. BUT they are avoidable by testing on a dev first, common practice, save yourself time and greif, test. It is foolish to think software will work on a massive array of different servers , different platforms, different php by different people etc etc. And yes people do make mistakes, (even cs cart :mrgreen: )

I am stating that anyone here...maybe newbies (a few who have messaged me asking what is "DEV") so they at least have learned a lesson from it, and gained experience and will most likely not have the same stress in future as I suspect others here on this forum will have again in future. I have seen posts here from experienced developers time and time again (Tbirnseth is probably sick of saying it) stating the exact same thing, to mostly the same people who want to rush out and get every single upgrade the minute it is released seemingly without thinking of any consequences.

It may well be "sheer foolishness" (BTW, thanks for calling me a fool, much apreciated) but I think it is 100% justifiable to blame cs-cart if the upgrade is buggy.

Im not saying the cant be blamed, I'm saying don't put yourself at risk by diving in the shallow end without testing.

Test first...dont bang head and cry later!

4 14.1

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:42 PM #139

yes guys... test...test...test and then update ;)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:19 PM #140

Upgrades are probably the most challenging part of new software releases. Every merchant is different and every combination of options, settings, installed files, dynamic data, etc. are all different.

The whole upgrade process is not very business friendly. Even the old Yahoo Stores of the 90's used to enable to you to review changes, make updates and the "Publish" for them to actually go to your production site. The concept that a merchant can be down for the amount of time it takes to resolve conflicts (when the extent is not even known) is pure fantasy. That being said, it's been this way for years. Every merchant who intends to upgrade should do so first on a test site, then when you are satisfied that it's working as you expect, then upgrade your production site.