• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.3.1 Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 1 votes

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:25 PM #181

Guys, quit pushing them on timing! Every time you add pressure for something to happen inside some given time frame all you are doing is applying pressure to reduced quality. Let them do their jobs. They gave an estimate of end of week. They missed (shit happens in software development). The good news is that they are aware that they still have work to do. Please let them do it.

In addition, the longer 4.3.1 is out there, the more bugs will surface and they will have more opportunity to address them in 4.3.2. Please be patient.

I watch the same cycle over and over. And then you wonder why they are reluctant to commit to dates of releases. Software is a fluid thing. And sometimes, development/defect correction is just unpredictable or the complexity of a solution was greater than estimated.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:32 PM #182

Guys, quit pushing them on timing! Every time you add pressure for something to happen inside some given time frame all you are doing is applying pressure to reduced quality. Let them do their jobs. They gave an estimate of end of week. They missed (shit happens in software development). The good news is that they are aware that they still have work to do. Please let them do it.

In addition, the longer 4.3.1 is out there, the more bugs will surface and they will have more opportunity to address them in 4.3.2. Please be patient.

I watch the same cycle over and over. And then you wonder why they are reluctant to commit to dates of releases. Software is a fluid thing. And sometimes, development/defect correction is just unpredictable or the complexity of a solution was greater than estimated.

Agreed... Give them some time.. The more bugs fixed now the less problems later...
Lets shoot for a bug free release.. LOL... Keep up the good work Cs-Cart...

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3559 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:25 AM #183

cs-cart 2x beta was released in late 2008! In 2009 we got one page checkout! In 2010 pretty much decent stable 2X.

Check out this
http://web.archive.o...ww.cs-cart.com/

and tell me what exactly changed to how you treat products as site admin, and how you place and narrow down to product as a end customer? Do you actually think 4X would be really worth to wait 5 years?

I was very well surprised with how feature rich was 1X back in 2008 and how soon I got 2X. Now I feel that cs-cart puts their effort somewhere else. I am sick of constant waiting...

If in 2010 somebody would of told me folks, we will make just backend update and block manager update and put all our resources to sub products of our company, I would probably put all my effort in studying magento. Only reason I am here is because I do not have enough html/php skills. I make a living out of selling stuff online.

This cart is not even capable of showing weight in details page or cart page without hardcoding.. Has no tools for the invoices. What future has merchium if it does not accept 3rd party addons and without them you cannot even make legal sales?

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:26 PM #184

Darius,

I 100% agree with your comments. My clients have been using cs-cart since version 2.2.4 and since then very few useful or new shopping cart features have been added to cs-cart. They just keep reformatting the same features (like Admin Area) over and over again. Actually they have removed some very useful shopping cart features over the last 7 years.

I honestly do not see 7 years worth of value in all the latest updates. Our cs-cart 2.2.4 runs faster and behaves as a very stable e-commerce site compared to the new sites I have done on the cs-cart 3.x or even the new 4.x platform.

I wish I could go back in time and maybe I would of learned another shopping cart platform to invest in. But like you stated, I already have to much time and knowledge in cs-cart. :(

David

• xmaster
  • Trial users
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:39 PM #185

Peeps at CS-CART, I really hope you are reading all this and understand how easy you can loose your loyal customer base.

You should start sending your people to world eCommerce conferences so they can learn about latest trends and ideas.
Then you hire real professional who can bring those ideas to live and integrate with cs-cart.

In any case, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business. But in my books, if you take money you should provide service and not the idea of service.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:41 AM #186

cs-cart 2x beta was released in late 2008! In 2009 we got one page checkout! In 2010 pretty much decent stable 2X.

Check out this
http://web.archive.o...ww.cs-cart.com/

and tell me what exactly changed to how you treat products as site admin, and how you place and narrow down to product as a end customer? Do you actually think 4X would be really worth to wait 5 years?

I was very well surprised with how feature rich was 1X back in 2008 and how soon I got 2X. Now I feel that cs-cart puts their effort somewhere else. I am sick of constant waiting...

Darius,

Here some of the changes major changes:
1) Multi-Storefronts (you can share products, payments, shippings, users among the storefronts)
2) Ability to change your styles online without programming - Theme Editor + Responsive theme was implemented
3) CS-Cart Makrketplace with ~700 addons & themes
4) Widget mode - this is one is outstanding feature.
5) SEO major improvements
6) API
and there more.

This cart is not even capable of showing weight in details page or cart page without hardcoding..

The main idea is that you are able to implement this easily as an add-on. That's how it works. We can not implement all the possible cases into default CS-Cart package because in this case there will be hundreds & hundreds of settings and the same amount of bugs. What we do is provide the ability to easily achieve this using add-ons.
If this feature is really important to many CS-Cart owners please give some validation like uservoice idea or forum thread and I will review it very carefully!

Has no tools for the invoices.

There is a third-party add-on for this: http://marketplace.c...tor-add-on.html
We are working on this feature, Merchium already has the ability to edit all mail notifications except the invoice, after we make sure it has full backward compatibility we will add this to CS-Cart. and later there will be the invoice editor.

What future has merchium if it does not accept 3rd party addons and without them you cannot even make legal sales?

It does accept: https://www.merchium...s-for-partners/

... put all our resources to sub products of our company

Merhium & CS-Cart are two different teams, even though we sit in the same building we have different tasks and workflows. The new upgrade center with migrations that will start working from 4.3.2 was contributed partially by Merchium team.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:52 AM #187

Darius,

I 100% agree with your comments. My clients have been using cs-cart since version 2.2.4 and since then very few useful or new shopping cart features have been added to cs-cart. They just keep reformatting the same features (like Admin Area) over and over again. Actually they have removed some very useful shopping cart features over the last 7 years.

I honestly do not see 7 years worth of value in all the latest updates. Our cs-cart 2.2.4 runs faster and behaves as a very stable e-commerce site compared to the new sites I have done on the cs-cart 3.x or even the new 4.x platform.

I wish I could go back in time and maybe I would of learned another shopping cart platform to invest in. But like you stated, I already have to much time and knowledge in cs-cart. :(

David

Despite of features I listed for Darius in previous post here is why CS-Cart became better for these years:
1) We integrated a Continues Integration process - it's when release is build after each change architects does.
2) We integrated Web-drivers tests - its when the script behaves as a real user and make tests CS-Cart using browser - its called client-side testing or integration tests.
3) We implemented PHP Unit-tests.

2 & 3 does not cover all the code and features otherwise it would be impossible to maintain this but I can say for sure we do not face the kind bugs we faced in 2.2.x.

As for 2.2.4 runs faster than 4.3.1, I'm ready to argue. You can provide me the copy of your store or we can agree on a demo data store. Really why don't we check this in real Triplets?
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:39 AM #188

Peeps at CS-CART, I really hope you are reading all this and understand how easy you can loose your loyal customer base.

You should start sending your people to world eCommerce conferences so they can learn about latest trends and ideas.
Then you hire real professional who can bring those ideas to live and integrate with cs-cart.

In any case, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business. But in my books, if you take money you should provide service and not the idea of service.

xmaster,

I would like to share my thoughts with you and everyone who is reading, that's the kind of heart cry.

We do read. And that's really heart when the clients not just say "hey you messed up" but "I'd better choose another product".
I work with CS-Cart for almost ten years already and that's really the job I love. But it's not all that simple. One says "hey this feature is must-have", and another says "stop adding these useless features, fix all the bugs".

Two years ago we came to conclusion that adding a lot of features is good for new clients, but #1 priority for existing clients is stability. When you do business you store should work, always work! The strategy was:
1) Make v4 backward compatible and stable
2) Do not implement something that will stop clients from upgrading
During v4.2.x we understood that
3) we should make it significantly faster because it's critical for business - 4.3.1 was released

That's a great idea, but what if we go further, and involve many professionals who will implement many new features. That's what we doing working with CS-Cart developers. CS-Cart Marketplace has several hundreds add-ons and there will be more.
If you think that's not the right way than please provide me with cons of this approach.

One more important thing: CS-Cart has an amazing community where people can find answers to most of their questions, and express their thoughts the way they like.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3559 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:10 AM #189

1) sorry, missed this. Correct, multi store front is probably best feature in last 5 years.

Ok I picked very random old archive to compare what was important for this company back then
http://web.archive.o...h-2-1-released/

What we see? Checkout, blocks (layouts), search, order managment including usability, tax.

These points are absolutely sales orientated, helping me making sales everyday, customers making purchases every day.

Tax today.

In Europe (EU members) business to business has tax exempt, but this does not mean you can issue invoice without a trace of tax.. Law requires to be stated clearly 0% tax was used with appropriate tax directive. This cart today is not capable to display 0% tax on invoice.. That is why everything needs to be manually edited..

2) I think custom hardcoded theme purchased from 3rd party and editing it via html or css would be just fine. I think seriouse reputable seller would not use basic theme with different color pattern, well maybe some starter who just wants pain free update..

3) In past couple of years I spend many many $ in buying and upgradind addons, you were making so many core changes that I felt nearly all coders left the business as they could not keep up with changes like variables to first caps letter...

4) never tested this.

5) SEO and still is no good if used out of the box with no modification..

For example when making duplicate, similar, clone entry you are in no control how your seo link will look. In ebay if you add two products like red t-shirt and another red t-shirt (but they totally two different brands and look different) you would get punished and products removed, this is why people name products like

red-t-shirt1
red-t-shirtnr-added-100-today
red-t-shirt-hilfiger
red-t-shirt-today-date

I personally have very great custom addon that simply adds SKU number to cloned product name.

product-name-M1000

6) never tested this.

The main idea is that you are able to implement this easily as an add-on.
If we would speak of 2.2.5 then sure, but we speak still about rather young buggy 4X product...

1) Multi-Storefronts (you can share products, payments, shippings, users among the storefronts)
2) Ability to change your styles online without programming - Theme Editor + Responsive theme was implemented
3) CS-Cart Makrketplace with ~700 addons & themes
4) Widget mode - this is one is outstanding feature.
5) SEO major improvements
6) API
and there more.

Merhium & CS-Cart are two different teams, even though we sit in the same building we have different tasks and workflows. The new upgrade center with migrations that will start working from 4.3.2 was contributed partially by Merchium team.

Regarding Merhium, I was the one who discovered that is product is to come. It was dead silence that cs-cart is going to release hosted solution. I am 100% positive that there was no separate team then. This is what I have in mind now, I do not see enough change in last 5 years.

Best advise I can give to cs-cart is to try open some donation store selling t-shirts, cups of similar with cs-cart logo and see whats like your product in action. To go even further open ebay store and check out the mind blowing product, sales, order management configuration abilities.

I would like to share my thoughts with you and everyone who is reading, that's the kind of heart cry.
Look from avarge member view, first you are excited, then you getting in to things, then you just wait, wait and wait 7 years now. Some leave silent as they overgrow your product some get very angry and criticizing like myself..

• Fedor
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:24 AM #190

I'm using v.2.1 too and it's pretty stable, although naturally a bit outdated. I struggled with the decision whether to stay with CS-Cart and go v4 or to go elsewhere, Presta, Magento...
I've tested them, I've installed skins, plugins etc. I used admin panel extensivly and, who knows, maybe its just I dislike new things, but I couldnt find a worthy alternative to CS-Cart. Like block management done well, sth cs-cart has since v2...

Presta crashed a million times beyond repair while installing a theme, Magento backend looks like it was made by someone who has no idea about usability whatsoever...
To be fair I think v.2 cs-cart's backend is better than v4's.

It is frustrating that v4 is maybe not what we expected, but to all the hard-criticizers - what else to choose, seriously?
I was really disappointed, when I started looking for alternatives and reading reviews of them.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3559 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:39 AM #191

I think same too. 4x backend is so spaciouse that I tired of constant mouse scrolling even on rather large 24 screen. Particularly backend product details page. 3 scrolls too reach page bottom on 24inch screen! So what is worth all this high end code, modern technology if it is not convenient to person who use it? Nobody thought of ergonomics..

It is frustrating that v4 is maybe not what we expected, but to all the hard-criticizers - what else to choose, seriously?
Its not a question to what to choose now, what matter is that you and me would leave this instance if something interesting sees daylight. Who knows maybe some google will develop free cart. Like they did with "collaboration packages".

Shop-script, past developers services I used, spent probably 3 years developing collaboration package that allows put notes, files, images and similar products and all this accessible from one carts backend. Bang, google gave all this and much better free, while they main cart product left dead 10 years outdated, history...

I'm using v.2.1 too and it's pretty stable, although naturally a bit outdated. I struggled with the decision whether to stay with CS-Cart and go v4 or to go elsewhere, Presta, Magento...
I've tested them, I've installed skins, plugins etc. I used admin panel extensivly and, who knows, maybe its just I dislike new things, but I couldnt find a worthy alternative to CS-Cart. Like block management done well, sth cs-cart has since v2...

Presta crashed a million times beyond repair while installing a theme, Magento backend looks like it was made by someone who has no idea about usability whatsoever...

I was really disappointed, when I started looking for alternatives and reading reviews of them.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3559 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:27 PM #192

One more thing

"If this feature is really important to many CS-Cart owners please give some validation like uservoice idea or forum thread and I will review it very carefully!"

I got 200+ visitors a day, and is likely possible that not a single one would report me if site is down or something is broken...

Top desired thing
https://cscart.userv...ing-slips-admin
added in 2010

https://www.cs-cart.com/roadmap.html
Planned for 4.5.X

I think developers have own idea of the cart features and care little for the public opinion. Developers just incorporate all modern technology code, care little for actual frond end usage.

• eucgroup
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:46 PM #193

Looking forward for the Fix Bugs..^_^..before i update my MV 4.2.4

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:59 PM #194

Best advise I can give to cs-cart is to try open some donation store selling t-shirts, cups of similar with cs-cart logo and see whats like your product in action. To go even further open ebay store and check out the mind blowing product, sales, order management configuration abilities.

That's a really good advise. Some members of our team already have their own stores.

Regarding Merhium, I was the one who discovered that is product is to come. It was dead silence that cs-cart is going to release hosted solution. I am 100% positive that there was no separate team then. This is what I have in mind now, I do not see enough change in last 5 years.

Look from avarge member view, first you are excited, then you getting in to things, then you just wait, wait and wait 7 years now. Some leave silent as they overgrow your product some get very angry and criticizing like myself..

Correct me if I wrong, you need more new features?
If yes, than can you list 5 most important for you? That would be really helpful to dig deeper into this question.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:01 PM #195

So is v4.x backend look is the only thing stopping you from upgrading to 4.3?
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3559 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:38 PM #196

I want it to be best cart ever, with flexible and powerful product configuration.

Correct me if I wrong, you need more new features?
If yes, than can you list 5 most important for you? That would be really helpful to dig deeper into this question.

1) Product management (eBay selling manager)

Posted Image

Every single column width can be changed adjusted to personal need or taste. Columns can be added or removed in other words customized. Here is how

Posted Image

In past I was one you asked you to add images to
http://demo.cs-cart....products.manage
so you did, but without possibility to disable them. Now I have to bulk edit 100 or even 1000 products, cart would load every single thumb...

2) Product details page.
I think product details page is second most important after home page. Customer must make as little click looking for information possible. Tab are good but they cannot be combined or merged. Why features and description are on separate tabs and they cannot be merged together? I am not saying this must be mandatory but an option for each to decide how they want to see it.

I think there should be a way to re arrange here
http://demo.cs-cart....phone-4s-black/
everything.

Sample how information should be presented
www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-5s-16GB-Space-Gray-Sprint-Smartphone-/111686745644

I think problem is that nothing can be fitted in between main content
http://demo.cs-cart....cted_location=3
not being able to fit weight without hard code is tiny bit.

3) Grids & Blocks
Somebody in cs-cart team has a taste, or did you hire someone to make www.cs-cart.com
Why do you think company representing website should be more modern then demo site?

Floating blocks. Back end top menu is floating, while front end no, why is that?

Content. Grid. BG of TOP&HEADER and BOTTOM can be set to full screen or limited by center column. While individual grids in content cannot be. I want to be able to set gb color of every single grid or block there is, color or image. Same as I want to be able to set grid with limited by center color or not limited full screen. All this stuff is presenter in your cs-cart.com page.
This would help me having much more individual unique design compared what you offer by standard.

Mega menu
Again, cs-cart.com SUPPORT tab, this last tab opens to LEFT, while original cs-cart would make long list down.
Besides LEFT or RIGHT you should add full size like here done here
http://demo.mysticth.../Arimo/cs-cart/

I would not call above new features, its just expanding what you already got.. Could continue but its late :)

• Fedor
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:34 PM #197

So is v4.x backend look is the only thing stopping you from upgrading to 4.3?

No, it is not that bad, I was only surprised that it was kind of a step back if you ask me, I liked v2 a lot.
Lack of local support is the biggest problem. Not a lof of competent devs around here, well, none to be honest. And sometimes language barrier is too much for some mods to outsource it to Russia.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:26 PM #198

I am trying to upgrade a dev site to 4.3.4 and have to upgrade to 4.3.1 first. However, this includes all the aforementioned issues in the upgrade process which leads to a blank page. Now the admin panel only has white pages. Not sure what to do now.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 4006 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:10 AM #199

First thing I would do is delete folders in /var/cache/.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:41 AM #200

Ugh, sorry was responding to too old a post (#197)

Edited by tbirnseth, 14 October 2015 - 07:42 AM.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.