• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Uncheck "notify Orders Department" By Default Under "status"? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:32 AM #1

Is there a way for when I switch an order from processed to shipped etc, that it does not automatically check the "Notify Orders Department" box? I know it shipped, because I shipped it, I don't need an email telling me what I already know =) Im on 4.1.2. Thanks!

• Pbraz
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:00 AM #2

Hi,

I got this from cscart support and it works OK in my 4.1.4 store.

In order to make the Notify customer and Notify orders department check boxes clear on the Orders > View orders page and on the editing order page please replace the following part of code:

<input type="checkbox" name="__notify_department" id="{$prefix}_{$id}_notify_department" value="Y" class="checkbox" checked="checked" onclick="$('input[name=__notify_department]').attr('checked', this.checked);" />

with this one:
<input type="checkbox" name="__notify_department" id="{$prefix}_{$id}_notify_department" value="Y" class="checkbox" onclick="$('input[name=__notify_department]').attr('checked', this.checked);" />

and replaced the following line of code:
<input type="checkbox" name="__notify_user" id="{$prefix}_{$id}_notify" value="Y" class="checkbox" checked="checked" onclick="$('input[name=__notify_user]').attr('checked', this.checked);" />

with this one:
<input type="checkbox" name="__notify_user" id="{$prefix}_{$id}_notify" value="Y" class="checkbox" checked="checked" onclick="$('input[name=__notify_user]').attr('checked', this.checked);" />

in the select_popup.tpl file located in the /design/backend/templates/common directory of your CS-Cart installation.

You just need to remove checked="checked" from the lines that you don’t want checked by default.

Remember to clear the cache to see the change.
Paul
www.gohorse.com.au
Horse Rugs Store

• hglu
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:00 PM #3

Will this wok for the "supplier notify" check box?

• Pbraz
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:36 AM #4

Yes, I think so but you need to edit the lines just after these ones in the same file and with the same change that are for the supplier checkbox.
Paul
www.gohorse.com.au
Horse Rugs Store

• tasos1988
  • Trial users
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:54 AM #5

Hello guys!
I tried the method Pbraz suggested on ver. 4.2.3, but nothing changed...
I read the source code, it seems fine, minor changes in the current version, but the box is checked no matter what...
I also tried to change the checked="checked" to checked="unchecked", but nothing happened.
I am confused, the code seems to be just fine, but ....
Any suggestions?

• Pbraz
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:04 AM #6

Make sure you clear the cache.
Paul
www.gohorse.com.au
Horse Rugs Store

• tasos1988
  • Trial users
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:11 AM #7

I did, don't worry about that.

• tasos1988
  • Trial users
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:18 AM #8

I googled about that and i it seems that what you suggested should work fine, "in order to have a checkbox uncheck you must not write the checked value at all, by default it is unchecked". So you were right, but it doesn't work for some reason...

• Pbraz
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:24 AM #9

Only thing I can suggest is to look in var/cache/templates/backend and find the select_popup.tpl.php file and delete it (or change name) then the updated file will be added to the cache next time it is called. The .php file will have a random text and "tygh" prefix.

For example something like

1788921a9fg89cd20464102554cff19fbf18ae.tygh.select_popup.tpl.php
Paul
www.gohorse.com.au
Horse Rugs Store

• tasos1988
  • Trial users
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:36 AM #10

I found that file but i didn't delete it I removed the checked="checked" part, SUCCESS!!!!! thanks a lot man!!!

• MrGrant
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:02 AM #11

I tried this and it is working for Notify Customer and Notify Orders Department but not for Suppliers.

I edited /design/backend/templates/common/select_popup.tpl and removed checked="checked" from name="notify_vendor" and cleared cache, and did ?ctpl etc...

How then do I make Suppliers unchecked by default?

Also, in Orders > Order > hover Save changes > how do I make Notify Customer CHECKED by default?

See picture.

Any help appreciated!

Attached Files

CS-Cart V4.3.6, PHP 7.0.7, Linux VPS managed by www.serverpilot.io

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3680 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:07 AM #12

I tried this and it is working for Notify Customer and Notify Orders Department but not for Suppliers.

I edited /design/backend/templates/common/select_popup.tpl and removed checked="checked" from name="notify_vendor" and cleared cache, and did ?ctpl etc...

How then do I make Suppliers unchecked by default?

Also, in Orders > Order > hover Save changes > how do I make Notify Customer CHECKED by default?

See picture.

Any help appreciated!

/design/backend/templates/addons/suppliers/hooks/select_popup/notify_checkboxes.post.tpl

• MrGrant
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:23 PM #13

That's perfect thank you so much!

Is there a method to tracking down each template so I could find them myself?

Or is it just because you've "Been Here Way Too Long" ?  :-)

• MrGrant
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:40 PM #14

I think I found the answer here http://docs.cs-cart....s/debugger.html

• The Tool
  • Members
  • 3680 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:21 PM #15

Mainly because I have "Been Here Way Too Long".

Anything in the backend, such as the notify checkboxes, is not so easy to find.  However, in the frontend, the easiest way is to use the On-site template editing.  It pinpoints and shows you what files are used in a certain location. 

Design->Templates->Click on gear icon->On-site template editing

• MrGrant
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:38 PM #16

Heh heh..

Yeah finding templates on backend is the one I've been struggling with.

After 20 minutes on the debugger I still couldn't find the one for Orders > hover Save > Notify Customer

If your experience knows the answer it would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files

• The Tool
  • Members
  • 3680 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:47 AM #17

It's the same as what they are discussing in the start of this thread.  It appears that you removed it.?

/design/backend/templates/common/select_popup.tpl

• MrGrant
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:10 AM #18

Yeah I did. At the time I didn't realise it was 1 variable used twice on the same page, I get it now!

For now it's working ok like that but I guess in future if I wanted to have the Save>Notify Customer box ticked by default then I'd need to assign a new variable? Or remove the Notify Customer check box from the Order Status dropdown...

Thanks for your help. 

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18348 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:59 AM #19

If the checkbox is unchecked, the system checks setting of the order status. So please make both changes

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• amdowney
  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 12:15 PM #20

Has this changed at all? After an update and clearing the cache editing /design/backend/templates/common/select_popup.tpl has not worked?

Stores: CCTV Kits & www.jmtb.co.uk