• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Payment methods: Authorize and Capture vs. Authorize Only Rate Topic   - - - - -

• aname
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:12 PM #1

I am using authorize.net as a gateway for my credit card payments. My problem is that when I have to refund a customer for whatever reason (whether the item is out of stock or it looks like a fraudulent credit card payment) then I am still getting charged by the Merchant Services Provider.

So I would like to change my setup so that I charge my customers when I am shipping their order rather than when they place their order online. Is this easy to do with cs-cart? Currently the Transaction Type is set to 'Authorize and Capture'. If I set this to 'Authorize Only', will this authorize the payment, but not charge the card until I tell it to via authorize.net?

It is really annoying that I am getting charged for orders that I am immediately canceling and refunding. I don't think that PayPal charge in this instance -- does anyone have any experience or advice with this stuff?

Thanks,

Clive
http://littleredgolfshop.com

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11659 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:39 PM #2

Yes it will. You will then have to go to Anet and "capture" the payment or use an addon that supports capture, void, refund, etc.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• aname
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:37 PM #3

Thanks tbirnseth, that is really helpful to know!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11659 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:20 PM #4

We offer a Payment Capture addon for V2 that supports capture prior auth, auth/capture, void, refund, etc. for Authorize.net. But not enough volume to move it forward to V3/V4.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.