• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Final Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• ehenderichs
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:43 AM #141

For the first time I ran into problems installing 4.0.1. I try to install it on a subdomain cscart4.domain.com and the installer gives me two warnings on the "checking requirements".
  • Server configuration does not meet the requirements
  • Incorrect permissions are assigned to the files and/or folders listed below.
The problem is it doesn't mention anything else. No information about which configuration parameters are not met.

I changed the permissions of the directories and files mentioned in the installation instructions but still get error message. Here also no extra information is given.

Please advice on how to continue.
The first cs-cart project for our new dutch company Sooned was a dutch erotic webshop called eely.nl.

• Brennie369
  • Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:43 PM #142

For the first time I ran into problems installing 4.0.1. I try to install it on a subdomain cscart4.domain.com and the installer gives me two warnings on the "checking requirements".

I know during my install I ran into a problem with my version of PHP. it said 5.3 or higher was required & mine was at 5.2. I was able to change this in my hosting cPanel. At first the error was generic so I had to contact my hosting support and they figured it was the php version on their end.

CS-Cart 4.9.3 SP1

• ehenderichs
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:51 PM #143

I know during my install I ran into a problem with my version of PHP. it said 5.3 or higher was required & mine was at 5.2. I was able to change this in my hosting cPanel. At first the error was generic so I had to contact my hosting support and they figured it was the php version on their end.

PHP version is 5.3
The first cs-cart project for our new dutch company Sooned was a dutch erotic webshop called eely.nl.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:54 PM #144

If you read your question was already answered. You posted this several times in this thread.
Here is your answer that you did not attempt to read. This was posted on July 3rd in direct response to your post.

Dear friends,

Unfortunately this article "Full- and Custom-Width Layouting with 960.gs" is not applicable in v4, since we moved from 960.gs to the Twitter Bootstrap framework in order to implement adpative design in future versions.

We will create an article with instructions on how to configure you storefront to be displayed in full- or custom-width layout asap.
I will post the link in this thread.

....and here's the link to the article, that is blank, but It will be there soon I am sure. Bootstrap
Rigging.com V4.x.x - 100% API generated store | SEO & Google Fu Approved

• Maky
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:33 PM #145

Hi. Are you on localhost? WAMPSERVER? If so, then you have to turn on php extension php_curl. Click on wampserver icon, go to PHP - PHP extensions - php_currl has to be clicked on.

Sorry. Answer goes to shoppingmantra:

Tried to install 4.0.1 but got the error on second step.
Checking requirements

× Server configuration does not meet the requirements

Fail MySQL support

Your server does not support MySQL

--------------------------------------
My server supports MySQL but still got the error

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:14 PM #146

Regarding the hook question above, you should have a my_account_menus.override.TPL file in your my_changes/hooks/profiles directory.

After ripping my hair out yesterday, I was able to figure it out and then cleared all caches and it works fine.. Thanks for your help.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:32 PM #147

Hi. Are you on localhost? WAMPSERVER? If so, then you have to turn on php extension php_curl. Click on wampserver icon, go to PHP - PHP extensions - php_currl has to be clicked on.

Who are you replying to?
Rigging.com V4.x.x - 100% API generated store | SEO & Google Fu Approved

• ehenderichs
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:56 PM #148

Who are you replying to?

Guess he is talking to me. Installation is not on a local host.

I do not understand why the installer doesn't provide more specific information about the misconfiguration.

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:44 PM #149

Can someone help, need to find the tpl file name for the "Secure Checkout Page" were it has the Signed In as xxxx / Billing and Shipping Address / Shipping Options / Billing Options.

Can someone let me know, tks

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11338 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:09 PM #150

It is in the checkout/views/checkout.tpl file. This calls several other templates in the checkout/components directory as well as products and profiles directories.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:19 PM #151

Hello all.
Does anyone know what tpl files to edit to remove "CREATE ACCOUNT" and "REGISTER" links?

Thank you
V4.0.1

Version 4.9.3 SP1

• ibizo
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:55 AM #152

Hello from us,

We tested the new 4.0.1 version and our first impressions are good.. but there is some good feutures in v3 that are removed in ver4:

There are some good extras, that we can find..
- Missing The down bar.. in admin panel for language selections, users online, store close and etc.. this was cool
- The feautures are in view more menu when editing product.. that hearts...
- The add new feauture variant (enter other) in PRODUCT EDIT - missing for select text.. that was verry COOL! and makes work more slower

And some idea.. when click the brand link in product it will be better to go to manufacturer page in product_features.view&variant_id

That was our firs views of the 4.0.1

No body replies to this!

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:44 AM #153

No body replies to this!

What's there to reply to? You listed a series of statements not questions. :~

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:49 PM #154

What about eBay integration that was discussed in older threads? (Starting from V.2)

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:50 PM #155

What about eBay integration that was discussed in older threads? (Starting from V.2)

Other shopping cart software have this since Jerusalem.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:06 PM #156

Other shopping cart software have this since Jerusalem.

Given we are now into at least the 5th millennia of Jerusalem, I may be wrong, but I think your claims are only a little exaggerated.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:15 PM #157

Given we are now into at least the 5th millennia of Jerusalem, I may be wrong, but I think your claims are only a little exaggerated.

Why not focus on my main question and not on my exaggeration?

Let's take even Open Cart which less older than cs cart, it supports ebay integration perfectly.
On this level I don't even speak about prestashop or magento.

I know they have a much more bigger community, but I don't think changing the same software to newer technologies without integrating new necessary functionalities for modern shop owner is a way to go.

I really appreciate CS Cart, but it seems that sometimes they have to be pushed on the right road.

• ehenderichs
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:57 PM #158

• Incorrect permissions are assigned to the files and/or folders listed below.
The problem is it doesn't mention anything else. No information about which configuration parameters are not met.

I changed the permissions of the directories and files mentioned in the installation instructions but still get error message. Here also no extra information is given.

Please advice on how to continue.

How can I see what requirements are not met? Server settings are the same as v3 located on the main domain.

• thefreer
  • Trial users
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:58 PM #159

How can I see what requirements are not met? Server settings are the same as v3 located on the main domain.

System Requirements for Cs Cart 4:

PHP version 5.3 to 5.4;
MySQL version 4.1 or greater (MySQLi or pdo_mysql must be supported.)

First check both requirement other ways contact your hosting provider.

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:15 PM #160

Why not focus on my main question and not on my exaggeration?

Let's take even Open Cart which less older than cs cart, it supports ebay integration perfectly.
On this level I don't even speak about prestashop or magento.

I know they have a much more bigger community, but I don't think changing the same software to newer technologies without integrating new necessary functionalities for modern shop owner is a way to go.

I really appreciate CS Cart, but it seems that sometimes they have to be pushed on the right road.

Personally eBay integration is of zero interest to me. I wouldn't lower myself to compete with the margins people are making on eBay.

http://forum.cs-cart...on-for-cs-cart/
http://forum.cs-cart...ay-integration/
http://cscart.uservo...s-cart-ultimate