• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Final Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:39 PM #81

From previous experience, I find its better to wait a little longer until any initial bugs are found and corrected.

Yep, this is the only situation in which "Newbies" truly are our friends! :grin:
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:02 PM #82

fresh install, activate SEO , use short form /product.name.html and directory.html
checked Show language in the URL

?cc to clear cache..
click home .. 404...
site_url/fr or site_url/en

both 404

Any idea ?
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• Galactica
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:08 AM #83

Thx, that got me started but pretty quickly I ran in some other issues.

For the e.g. header, main and footer I used custom images and these were set in the my_changes stylesheet. I noticed the names of some classes have changed. I altered the my_changes stylesheet to match the new classnames, however the are overruled.

How can I force the store to use the classes defined in the my_changes addon?

Try adding !important to your css rule like:

body{
background: #333 !important;
}

• ehenderichs
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:43 AM #84

Try adding !important to your css rule like:

body{
background: #333 !important;
}

That works. Thought I tried it already and didn't work. Don't really like this solution, but it does the trick.
The first cs-cart project for our new dutch company Sooned was a dutch erotic webshop called eely.nl.

• andemh
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:34 AM #85

How do I expand the framework of Style at Home page?

• Galactica
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:41 PM #86

That works. Thought I tried it already and didn't work. Don't really like this solution, but it does the trick.

Probably a cache issue, sometimes browsers really like to hang on to some files even when you clear them... As for not caring for !important, I agree 100%. I only use it when I have to as well. I should have suggested trying to target your element more specifically.

For instance, if its a paragraph style you need to overwrite try targeting the element specifically:

So instead of (Random Example Code):

p { some cool style here }

You would specify exactly where it is in the DOM.

#wrapper #content p{ some cool style here }

Sometimes even this doesn't work and is still overwritten, and your still stuck using !important but I thought I would mention it, if you wanted to give it a shot.

Hope this helps and I am glad the !important worked for you!
Paul

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:57 PM #87

Hi all. I keep getting this error when trying to install 4.0.1 and its already disabled. Any ideas? Thanks
Checking requirements

×Server configuration does not meet the requirements

Fail "Register globals" mode should be disabled

Version 4.9.3 SP1

• tmv
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:58 PM #88

Can anybody explain me where the information from the "Theme editor" mode (colors, background images, logo etc.) is saved? What for is the file layouts.xml in the theme root directory?

Thank you.

• Scifi
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:35 PM #89

we bought a lifetime license in August last year, it is eligible for upgrades to August of 2013. Does it mean Version 4 is free for us?

Thanks

• andemh
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:11 AM #90

How do I expand the framework of Style at Home page?
please see the photo

Posted Image

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:56 AM #91

we bought a lifetime license in August last year, it is eligible for upgrades to August of 2013. Does it mean Version 4 is free for us?

Thanks

Nope. Lifetime licenses have never been for sale, rather were grand-fathered in from licenses from 2006.
The license you have from August entitles you to one full year of upgrades, but otherwise you may use the software for as long as you desire (Lifetime vs. Lifetime Upgrades).
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:08 AM #92

What kind of time frame are we looking at until we get the import tool in the next release.. ?? Weeks .. Months... Anyone know?

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• CutRiteFX
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:54 PM #93

Hi all. I keep getting this error when trying to install 4.0.1 and its already disabled. Any ideas? Thanks
Checking requirements

×Server configuration does not meet the requirements

Fail "Register globals" mode should be disabled

If you look in the root directory of your install you may see a file called php.ini or php5.ini
You can open it up with notepad or your favorite editor you will see register globals = on just change it
to off and save.

I disabled mine and had to wait like 24 hours for it to show up as disabled using godaddy.

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:21 PM #94

If you look in the root directory of your install you may see a file called php.ini or php5.ini
You can open it up with notepad or your favorite editor you will see register globals = on just change it
to off and save.

I disabled mine and had to wait like 24 hours for it to show up as disabled using godaddy.

Thanks for your help but no such file in 4.0.1 root. Thanks

Version 4.9.3 SP1

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:16 PM #95

Thanks for your help but no such file in 4.0.1 root. Thanks

to off and save.

Found it. Its the validator.php in \install\app\Installer\ Thanks for pointing me to the right track

Version 4.9.3 SP1

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:06 PM #96

default install missing template translations ?

_leave_feedback_header
_leave_feedback_subheader
_leave_feedback_promo
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:56 PM #97

also why do we get : WarningThe Section Shippings is unavailable for this store

????????????

this is the basic store upon install
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:09 PM #98

Please, make sure your 'styles.post.tpl' and css files are located in correct directories.
The 'styles.post.tpl' should be located in the directory:

design/themes/[theme_path]/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/

CSS files, to be included from the hook, should be in the directory:

design/themes/[theme_path]/css/addons/my_changes/

Also note please, that in CS-Cart 4.0.1 all included css files are combined to one file. It is named like 'standalone.[HASH].css'.
So you will not see the separate including of 'my_changes/styles.css' file. But you should check the 'standalone.[HASH].css' file for the new styles. Also you may have to clear your store cache and your browser cache to see changes in the css.

Hello, Need assistance.
2nd attempt on this, can someone provide information on how the content of styles.post.tpl should look like?
tks

• Galactica
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:58 PM #99

Hello, Need assistance.
2nd attempt on this, can someone provide information on how the content of styles.post.tpl should look like?
tks

I have the following in my "styles.post.tpl":

{style src="addons/my_changes/mystyles.css"} 

If clearing the cache in the admin as well as your browsers doesn't work, you may want to manually delete the cached CSS file off of the remote server and then clear all of your caches again and refresh the page. That's what worked for me.

You can find the cached file here:
var/cache/misc/statics/design/themes/YourThemeName/css/standalone.SomeLongCrazyStringHere.css

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:47 AM #100

I have the following in my "styles.post.tpl":

{style src="addons/my_changes/mystyles.css"}

If clearing the cache in the admin as well as your browsers doesn't work, you may want to manually delete the cached CSS file off of the remote server and then clear all of your caches again and refresh the page. That's what worked for me.

You can find the cached file here:
var/cache/misc/statics/design/themes/YourThemeName/css/standalone.SomeLongCrazyStringHere.css

Galactica,

Thank you for reply. I have tried your instructions on my local computer and on the server where my web site resides, clear cached, must have tried numerous times, doesn't seem to work. If i change actual base.css that works, I even have the my changes add on active. I'm running into so many problems with this release, I still feel it's not stable and no backup documents to follow. I'm very dissapointed with CS Cart on this one.
Just have to be patient and wait maybe they have a fix soon on the future update.