• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 4 Final Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• pua___
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:05 PM #181

Ok, the problem was solved. After all i think i was placing the code in the wrong place (yes, i am silly :-( ). Anyway, thank you a lot NairdaCart and soft-solid for your tips. I didnñt know the rebuild cache automatically and, soft-solid, what does ?ctpl means?

Thank you again!

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:54 PM #182

any update on import tool ? 3.06 is not usable
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:52 AM #183

any update on import tool ? 3.06 is not usable

This.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:07 PM #184

3.0.6 is perfectly useable. Exactly what prevents you from using it? A missing feature that you would like doesn't make it unusable, it makes it unfit for your purposes.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:21 PM #185

cache, slow, etc change item properties and all wipes the SEO
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:28 PM #186

3.0.6 is perfectly useable. Exactly what prevents you from using it? A missing feature that you would like doesn't make it unusable, it makes it unfit for your purposes.

It's buggy and EOL. We did a lot of development on V3, but halted it because V3 will never get fixed. We need to import our data to V4 so that development can be completed and our stores can finally go online.

• kickoff3pm
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:48 PM #187

It's buggy and EOL. We did a lot of development on V3, but halted it because V3 will never get fixed. We need to import our data to V4 so that development can be completed and our stores can finally go online.

Till you find something in V4 that doesn't work as it should or how you want it.

My experiance with cscart is one of frustration too, I had the licence for 2 years before my site went live. I think the company itself has the problem and any product they produce will never be finished as it should. To my mind I now have a working site and I'm not going to step back into the unknown by installing another version, notice I don't use the term update. The only update I would be interested in a finished product.
http://matchdaymemories.com - Football Memorabilia Via Cs-Cart V3
http://www.outadwords.com - Free Marketing For You Site.
http://www.alternativestoebay.com - Join The Free Ecommerce Community.

• stephR
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:10 AM #188

Hi

There is an issue with this 4.x version. I could not find the link to "close" the store.. but in the features there is still a field for access key..

If someones knows about this..

Thanks

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:14 AM #189

It's in the same place as the access key in the General settings sections. Look at the line line above the access key there's a checkbox called Close Storefront.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:20 PM #190

Till you find something in V4 that doesn't work as it should or how you want it.

My experiance with cscart is one of frustration too, I had the licence for 2 years before my site went live. I think the company itself has the problem and any product they produce will never be finished as it should. To my mind I now have a working site and I'm not going to step back into the unknown by installing another version, notice I don't use the term update. The only update I would be interested in a finished product.

Yes, so right. We can only hope that V4 will be more solid than V3. I needed the API to integrate CSC with other software and payment services. And since my V3 stores were not ready yet, it made no sense to further invest/develop on V3.
So now its a matter of waiting for the import tool.

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:17 PM #191

That's true of pretty much every software product though and especially PHP type products. I've tried many shopping carts, forum software and blogging software. They all have bugs of some sort and features missing that some users would say are critical to them and the product is useless without.

My opinion is that it's a matter of finding the software that the critical bits you need are working and live with the issues on the other bits. My previous cart would have been pretty much faultless for me if I didn't have lots of product options as the way it handled them was a show stopper for me. Probably 80% of the features in CS-Cart are of no interest to me but the 20% I need work great.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:21 PM #192

Hi

There is an issue with this 4.x version. I could not find the link to "close" the store.. but in the features there is still a field for access key..

Thanks

Go to Settings/General .. There is a check-box right above Access Key... "Close Storefront".. Click "Save"

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• kickoff3pm
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:15 PM #193

My previous cart would have been pretty much faultless for me if I didn't have lots of product options as the way it handled them was a show stopper for me. Probably 80% of the features in CS-Cart are of no interest to me but the 20% I need work great.

Same here, I said before I don't really understand the development route. It seems to me if they find away to make it look better or allow an "artist" freedom to use their skill, the call that a new version. Problem the same old areas that customers have wanted and need get left behind. I mean for a cart of this age the should be far far more backend features and routines to help the administration side. Seems to be a big gap and it's getting bigger.
http://matchdaymemories.com - Football Memorabilia Via Cs-Cart V3
http://www.outadwords.com - Free Marketing For You Site.
http://www.alternativestoebay.com - Join The Free Ecommerce Community.

• goia007
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:52 PM #194

Hi

Thanks

Setting -> General -> Check mark Close storefront

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:36 PM #195

Regarding upgrades and versions....
Cs-cart is a software company. Their mission is to create software. There will always be new version and new ways of doing things for the sake of "new". Developers like to work on new stuff, not fix old or make enhancements to what exists.... it's the nature of the creative process.

There is no requirement to upgrade to any new version. Unfortunately new customers get stuck with the latest and greatest, they are completely in the hands of fate.

If you are running a version that works for you, why change? You need to put to rest your fear of missing out on something just because it's new. New does not always equate to better.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• chris102
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:43 PM #196

Hello Imac,

We are working with ver. 3.06

We have products 1-9999 that belong to Store A.
All these products are shared for Store B.

Unfortunately, this is not possible to import prices for these products using exim function, because instead of applying changes to prices, new products in Store B are created during import and BTW with the repeated product codes. Should't actually product code be a unique one anyway?

So my questions are:

1. Does 4.01 allow to import prices for shared products or must 10 000 products prices in Store B be updated manually? Does it actually allow to import anything line for instance product description etc.

2. When do you plan to improve exim function so that it is possible to import all the elements of products options and combinations such as price modifier, picture etc?

Regards,

Chris

• stephR
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:01 AM #197

Setting -> General -> Check mark Close storefront

Go to Settings/General .. There is a check-box right above Access Key... "Close Storefront".. Click "Save"

It's in the same place as the access key in the General settings sections. Look at the line line above the access key there's a checkbox called Close Storefront.

Thanks all !

It was so obvious that I didn't see it..
In fact I think it was more convenient before.

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1850 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:32 AM #198

Thanks all !

It was so obvious that I didn't see it..
In fact I think it was more convenient before.

Yes, the old way is more user friendly.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• NairdaCart
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:14 AM #199

I much prefer it this way. With the old way it was far too easy to accidentally open the store.

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:55 AM #200

Yes, so right. We can only hope that V4 will be more solid than V3. I needed the API to integrate CSC with other software and payment services. And since my V3 stores were not ready yet, it made no sense to further invest/develop on V3.
So now its a matter of waiting for the import tool.

Same here... I needed the API and even more importantly the ability to give each store individual status mails. IMO cs-cart 3 was an in-between release they should have skipped.

I'm playing with 4 now and - even though it's a mystery to me why they had to redesign the backend completely, AGAIN! - it's a much better release than version 3 and I look forward to using it, integrating it with Podio (I love Podio!), and running multiple shops with one backend.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!