• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Free Social Reviews Addon By Yotpo -Dramatically increase your reviews Rate Topic   * * * * * 4 votes

• MichielTG
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:17 PM #81

We would like to use Yotpo with CS-Cart version 4.0.2.
Could you provide us with a installation package.

Thanks in advance.

• Yotpo
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:54 AM #82

My question on this, is how do you display the star rating in the list view on the product catalog? People search using these views. The current addon displays the average star rating at the list view level in the catalog. How would we display to the visitor that this product has received X reviews with X stars in the list or grid view?

On anther note, it's been proven that boolean ratings are more effective than star ratings. This is why youtube, the second most searched site on the internet moved from star ratings to a simple 'thumbs up, thumbs down.' system. Have you guys considered this?

Hey m33,

I have checked this with our CS-Cart developer and he has informed me that unfortunately we do not support showing the Bottom Line (# of reviews and average star rating) in CS-Cart, I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Yotpo
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:56 AM #83

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you all know about a brand new feature we launched last week called Embedded Widgets.

With Embedded Widgets, you can show off your top products or most recent reviews in a customizable widget that you can embed on any of your web pages.

Below is an example of such a widget. You can see the widget live here.

Posted Image

To embed your widget now, log into Yotpo and click on Customize in the top menu and then on Embedded Widget.

Let us know what you think and reply with the URL of the page where we can all see your embedded widget/s.

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2294 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:26 AM #84

On anther note, it's been proven that boolean ratings are more effective than star ratings. This is why youtube, the second most searched site on the internet moved from star ratings to a simple 'thumbs up, thumbs down.' system. Have you guys considered this?

I don't see how a thumbs up or down would be more efffective when buying a product. How would you choose between 10 TV's that all get a thumbs up? I think in this case Amazon is a better example than Youtube.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• m33
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:47 PM #85

I don't see how a thumbs up or down would be more efffective when buying a product. How would you choose between 10 TV's that all get a thumbs up? I think in this case Amazon is a better example than Youtube.

This is why you display what's called a "Net Promoter Score" which shows the number of people that recommended the product v.s those that didn't.

So in essence it would show "70% of 100 people recommend X product". I don't think the star rating will go away but I do think you'll start to see this concept play out in newer review systems.

• m33
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:52 PM #86

Hey m33,

I have checked this with our CS-Cart developer and he has informed me that unfortunately we do not support showing the Bottom Line (# of reviews and average star rating) in CS-Cart, I apologize for the inconvenience.

This, to me, renders the tool almost useless. Unless someone lands on the product page directly, which in some cases they will, no one will know what the overall rating for any product is in the catalog should they enter that page.

Is it because you just haven't developed it or is it because of a cs-cart limitation? Seems like a major oversight so I bet it's actually an issue on Cs-cart's side.

• MichielTG
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:19 PM #87

Has anyone successfully completed to install Yotpo on CS-Cart 4.0.2?

• Yotpo
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:13 AM #88

Unfortunately at this time we do not support versions 4.0.x of CS-Cart. We do have plans to support these versions in the future.

• andemh
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:16 PM #89

please we need this is for 4.0.3 please

Your product (( Excellent ))

• MichielTG
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:32 PM #90

Is there any release information for the compatibility with cscart 4.03?

• Yotpo
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:57 AM #91

Is there any release information for the compatibility with cscart 4.03?

Unfortunately we do not support versions 4.0.x of CS-Cart. Unfortunately we do not have a time frame for when we will support versions 4.0.x. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• sbooks
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:04 PM #92

Would love that have this updated to version 4.0.3. We just signed up with Yotpo service and have a planned cart migration for February 2014. Its working in our 3.x version but this will hold up or migration to 4.0.3 if there isn't an updated addon release from you guys.

• jalnicu
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:17 PM #93

Hello,

I just installed Yotpo on CS-Cart: version 3.0.2 PROFESSIONAL.
But i received an error when i click on "Manage" i receive this error : "Error_occurred" .

CS-Cart 4.3.4

• Yotpo
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:04 PM #94

Hello,

I just installed Yotpo on CS-Cart: version 3.0.2 PROFESSIONAL.
But i received an error when i click on "Manage" i receive this error : "Error_occurred" .

Hey jalnicu,

I recommend you contact our excellent and helpful support team at support@yotpo.com. They'll be happy to help you!

• Yotpo
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:27 AM #95

Hey,

Just wanted to share the good news: We're currently working on updating our module so it will be compatible with the latest versions of CS-Cart!

I'll keep you all posted here.

• MichielTG
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:46 AM #96

Awesome finally!

• Jeshurun77
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:46 AM #97

Are you compatible with the latest version of CS-Cart yet, Yotpo?

• Yotpo
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:25 PM #98

Hey Jeshurun77,

Our updated module will be deployed next week. I'll update everyone here.

• Yotpo
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:06 PM #99

Hey everyone!

Two things
1) Sorry for the delay, but we won't be able to deploy our updated CS-Cart module until next week. I will let you know here when it's ready.

2) We are redesigning our reviews widget and we would love your feedback.

Please check it out here: http://blog.yotpo.co...us...ew-widget/

And let us know what you think by commenting in this thread, on the blog or emailing talia@yotpo.com.

• Yotpo
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:47 AM #100

Great news--Yotpo for CS-Cart 4.0 is ready! Download it here.