Free Social Reviews Addon By Yotpo -Dramatically increase your reviews

[quote name='Yotpo' timestamp='1361513133' post='156143']I'm not sure what reviews system you are using. [/quote]

CS-Cart has reviews functionality…So the main question is what exact functionality YotPo adds that CS-Cart does not yet have or is not possible in CS-Cart.

[quote name='Yotpo' timestamp='1361513133' post='156143']We do so by the In-mail review technology, basically the option to leave the review within the mail after purchase without the need to go to the browser. [/quote]

Can you show a demo or explain how this works? Do you mean that customers can just reply by email or do you offer other functionality?

[quote name='Yotpo' timestamp='1361513133' post='156143']Beside that we have a whole set of built it features[size=4] [/size][list=1]

[][size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Social Push[/font][/size]

[
][size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Social share[/font][/size]

[][size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Moderation[/font][/size]

[
][size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Q&A[/font][/size]

[*][size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Coupons, [/font][/size]

[/list]

[/quote]

Could you elaborate on each of these 5 functions and how these work in YotPo?

[quote name='Yotpo' timestamp='1361513133' post='156143']The business model, as we think it will be, will probably be upselling of product in the mail after purchase (of course that the store owner will need to agree to that).

[/quote]

Thanks for answering this.

In regards to your fees: if the reviews function will be free forever, then you should consider to change the wording of your ToS, because as it is it will scare webmasters away.

I really do hate this current trend for latching on to what can only be termed as a gimmick. Pretending to offer a free product or service while keeping your true intentions hidden. So many people are now redefining the term “free” as “free if”, “free till”, “free download” etc etc when all these products and services will have a cost in the end. Why not be honest and upfront? could be you know the downside is more then the upside?

It's even worse in the open source field where a great idea and a movement which has benifited all in computing is now full of these leech services offering a blunt or reduced product just so they can ride on the back “open source” as free - branding.

I'll not use your plugin simply because your terms are to vage. If on the other hand you stated your clear aims for the future and how you hope to earn money from me, my reviews and my clients I might change my mind, because you know ? it might be worth it to me.

I also don't run in dark rooms.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1361539209' post='156160']

No answer? Guess that speaks volumes then.

[/quote]

Sorry for my late response, as it is a holiday here today.

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I understand the frustration, and we will carefully investigate this issue with our legal team.[/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I'll come back to you early next week with that.[/font]

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1361541983' post='156164']

I really do hate this current trend for latching on to what can only be termed as a gimmick. Pretending to offer a free product or service while keeping your true intentions hidden. So many people are now redefining the term “free” as “free if”, “free till”, “free download” etc etc when all these products and services will have a cost in the end. Why not be honest and upfront? could be you know the downside is more then the upside?

It's even worse in the open source field where a great idea and a movement which has benifited all in computing is now full of these leech services offering a blunt or reduced product just so they can ride on the back “open source” as free - branding.

I'll not use your plugin simply because your terms are to vage. If on the other hand you stated your clear aims for the future and how you hope to earn money from me, my reviews and my clients I might change my mind, because you know ? it might be worth it to me.

I also don't run in dark rooms.

[/quote]

I totally understand your approach. I suspect every “free” service myself , as I know that nothing really comes for free.

As described before we are c[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]urrently focusing on growth, and not monetization. We are able to do so because we were lucky to raise enough money from angels and VC'[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]s to keep us running while showing a massive growth (currently we are active on about 4000 stores) without to worry about income.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Eventually, like every business or company, we will need to earn our money.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I'm not sure why do you suspect us for hiding our business model or do things “in the dark rooms”, maybe you had a bad experience before, but to be honest I wish I could tell you more about our business model… We just don't know it yet…[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Again, as described before, I believe [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]t[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]he[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] business model will probably be around the use of the content for mutual benefits of ours and the stores, for example- upselling of products in the mail after purchase (of course that the store owner will need to agree to that).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Similar products to ours charge A LOT of money for a similar product, probably with less features, but on our early stages , when we have decided to deal with the SMB and the long tail market, we knew that we need a better way to earn money, and to contribute to these great (but small) stores.[/font][/color]

Over the last year or so, we were helping so many stores to foster and increase their community that we are now sure that we are doing something good. Yes, it's free and we will need to earn our bread someday, but I'm sure we will be able to do it with mutual benefits for us and the stores.

Thanks.

[quote name='Yotpo' timestamp='1361546782' post='156174']

I totally understand your approach. I suspect every “free” service myself , as I know that nothing really comes for free.

As described before we are c[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]urrently focusing on growth, and not monetization. We are able to do so because we were lucky to raise enough money from angels and VC'[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]s to keep us running while showing a massive growth (currently we are active on about 4000 stores) without to worry about income.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Eventually, like every business or company, we will need to earn our money.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I'm not sure why do you suspect us for hiding our business model or do things “in the dark rooms”, maybe you had a bad experience before, but to be honest I wish I could tell you more about our business model… We just don't know it yet…[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Again, as described before, I believe [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]t[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]he[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] business model will probably be around the use of the content for mutual benefits of ours and the stores, for example- upselling of products in the mail after purchase (of course that the store owner will need to agree to that).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Similar products to ours charge A LOT of money for a similar product, probably with less features, but on our early stages , when we have decided to deal with the SMB and the long tail market, we knew that we need a better way to earn money, and to contribute to these great (but small) stores.[/font][/color]

Over the last year or so, we were helping so many stores to foster and increase their community that we are now sure that we are doing something good. Yes, it's free and we will need to earn our bread someday, but I'm sure we will be able to do it with mutual benefits for us and the stores.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Sorry chap, I've been in business for 30 years and never yet managed to raise money without telling those people giving it to me just exactly how I planned to pay them back. So exuse me if I don't fall for that one.

Perhaps a better approach would have been to call it free while in beta. Or say people signing up now will never pay for the service or lose existing features they enjoy. But you should be clear of your interntions and that is to sign people up now and then change the terms of the service they have signed up to later with the intent to generate income.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]It's a similar approach to those camel owners in Egypt who charge you $1 to take you for a ride on a camel and then turn around and ask for $50 to bring you back.[/font][/color]

[quote name=‘P-Pharma’ timestamp=‘1361541489’ post=‘156163’]

Can you show a demo or explain how this works? Do you mean that customers can just reply by email or do you offer other functionality? [/quote]

Sure :) [size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] Our Mail After Purchase feature eliminates traditional barriers for leaving reviews. This feature automatically emails shoppers, at a set time after purchase, to encourage them to leave reviews. Customers are able to leave reviews directly from within the email. This is proven to dramatically increase both the volume and the quality of reviews generated. The email is mobile compatible and fully customable. [/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The opening rates of this email are around 40%, and about 8-10% of shoppers write the reviews using them.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]This is a mockup of the email:[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font]

This is an example of the statistics we provide to shop owners about the emails on the Yotpo dashboard:

[quote/]Could you elaborate on each of these 5 functions and how these work in YotPo?[/quote]

There you go:

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Social push :

We give the option for stores to publish their reviews directly onto their social pages, and by that foster their community and reach to new potential customers . Yotpo also gives shops the ability to thank the reviewers on Facebook and Twitter. Shop followers can leave comments and click on the posts to read the reviews. They can also which review to publish.

This is an example how it looks on the Facebook page- [/font][/size]

You can use this link to see it live on two of our customer’s Facebook pages -

https://www.facebook…positiveproject

[url=“Redirecting...”]http://www.facebook.com/kollectionk[/url]

Social share:

We give the reviewers to share their review over the social networks.

Moderation:

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Shop owners can easily choose which reviews to show and which to hide. Whenever a shop receives a new review, Yotpo will notify the shop and provide the reviewer’s email address, so that the shop owner can either thank that reviewer or solve any issues that might have arisen with the order.[/font][/size]

This is how it looks at the moderation page:

Q&A:

We are going to release this feature really soon :)

Basically it will give the shoppers to ask a question about a product. The question will be sent to the store owner and to some of the people that already bought the product (by an algorithm, in order to avoid spam emails). After moderation the answers will be shown over the product page.

Coupons:

In order to increase the engagement with the shoppers, we will give the store owner the option to offer a coupon for leaving a review/answer. After the reviewer will post the review he/she will get the coupon for the discount.

We believe that this feature will help us to achieve an Avg of 15-20% conversion from shopper to reviewer.

Other feature I didn’t mention is the Testimonials (cross finger, will be released next Tuesday) and it will allow you to decide which reviews to show where. In addition, customers will be able to leave reviews for the service and shop itself, not just for the products sold. We’re very excited about this feature .

[quote/] Thanks for answering this.

In regards to your fees: if the reviews function will be free forever, then you should consider to change the wording of your ToS, because as it is it will scare webmasters away. [/quote]

We definitely need to improve the TOS, will do that early next week.

Thanks you.

This would be a great feature if the reviews were held within the CS-cart database. I'd be more than willing to pay for an addon that will send an email allowing the customer to input their review straight in the email. I'm not interested in relying on a third party startup company whose future is unforseen especially if you cannot define a revenue model.

Where can you find really dumb investors as this company “supposedly” has, I have been searching for years! B)

Absolutely, no way would I touch this service with a 10 foot pole…

I think it's definitely interesting. It looks great…

I think you could solve a lot of negative feelings by making a super simple Export All Review button in the admin area, so that in case anything does happen, users can import reviews into their own system again.

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Again, as described before, I believe [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]t[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]he[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] business model will probably be around the use of the content for mutual benefits of ours and the stores, for example- upselling of products in the mail after purchase (of course that the store owner will need to agree to that).[/font][/color][/quote]

But, it does have a pretty interface!

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1361636869' post='156237']

I think it's definitely interesting. It looks great…

I think you could solve a lot of negative feelings by making a super simple Export All Review button in the admin area, so that in case anything does happen, users can import reviews into their own system again.

[/quote]

I totally agree with this, I don't care that the reviews are hold in the Yopto database however only if I can be 100% sure that the reviews can be exported to our own websites when Yopto crashes or goes bankrupt. A tool that makes automatically backups from the reviews that are made in the Yopto system to your own system will be an amazing future and will definitely raise the use of Yopto.

Secondly: I was wondering if you get the stars on your product pages for reviews within the organic search results of google?

Like this: link

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Yotpo’s legal team must be taking longer than he thought. :mrgreen:

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’ timestamp=‘1362362449’ post=‘156925’]

[/quote]

Hi,

Thank you for following up with me on this. Because of the interest shown here and the good points brought up in the complaints, we’ve decided to change and clarify our TOS. I was waiting for the changes to go up to update the forum, but this is just to say they should be up in a few days.

Thanks, and I look forward to updating you about these changes and hearing your thoughts,

Hi,

A few questions here:

Are there other languages ​​available? Can be the front end translated by myself?.

Personally I'm interested in Spanish.

Thank you.

[quote name='Yotpo' timestamp='1362671731' post='157220']

Hi,

Thank you for following up with me on this. Because of the interest shown here and the good points brought up in the complaints, we've decided to change and clarify our TOS. I was waiting for the changes to go up to update the forum, but this is just to say they should be up in a few days.

Thanks, and I look forward to updating you about these changes and hearing your thoughts,

[/quote]

Well I'm impressed with your efforts to convince people like me and so I'm more inclined to look again at your service.

The reason why I don't use Yotpo for now:

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I have the Yotpo add-on currently disabled because I'm curious about the fact that when the Yotpo system database breaks down all the customer reviews are lost and I can't see an option how to backup or export the reviews from Yotpo back to CS-Cart. [/font][/color]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]I would like to see such a function before I will make use of this service, it's also not clear if Yotpo will be a paid service with trial period after a few months years. Also features like coupons and Q&A are not free as mentioned above.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]So in short I'm currently not using this add-on because I can't go back to CS-Cart if I don't want to use Yotpo anymore.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I'm looking forward to your reply,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Michiel[/font][/color]

[quote name='MichielTG' timestamp='1362927065' post='157378']

The reason why I don't use Yotpo for now:

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I have the Yotpo add-on currently disabled because I'm curious about the fact that when the Yotpo system database breaks down all the customer reviews are lost and I can't see an option how to backup or export the reviews from Yotpo back to CS-Cart. [/font][/color]

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][color=#282828]I would like to see such a function before I will make use of this service, it's also not clear if Yotpo will be a paid service with trial period after a few months years. Also features like coupons and Q&A are not free as mentioned above.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]So in short I'm currently not using this add-on because I can't go back to CS-Cart if I don't want to use Yotpo anymore.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I'm looking forward to your reply,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Michiel[/font][/color]

[/quote]

Hi Michiel,

Thank you for bringing up this point. We currently offer seamless exporting of reviews. The way to do this currently is just to email us, and we'll email you back with all of your reviews exported. We are also in the process of adding an automatic feature to the site, that will enable you to export your reviews with a button, on your own, because we realize this is something many store owners want to be able to do.

Please let me know if this is satisfactory.

Thanks,

[quote name=‘kickoff3pm’ timestamp=‘1362695358’ post=‘157237’]

Well I’m impressed with your efforts to convince people like me and so I’m more inclined to look again at your service.

[/quote]

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’ timestamp=‘1362362449’ post=‘156925’]

[/quote]

[quote name=‘MichielTG’ timestamp=‘1361738591’ post=‘156304’]

I totally agree with this, I don’t care that the reviews are hold in the Yopto database however only if I can be 100% sure that the reviews can be exported to our own websites when Yopto crashes or goes bankrupt. A tool that makes automatically backups from the reviews that are made in the Yopto system to your own system will be an amazing future and will definitely raise the use of Yopto.

Secondly: I was wondering if you get the stars on your product pages for reviews within the organic search results of google?

Like this: link

I’m looking forward to your reply.

[/quote]

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1361660168’ post=‘156260’]

But, it does have a pretty interface!

[/quote]

[quote name=‘Yotpo’ timestamp=‘1361549174’ post=‘156178’]

Sure :) [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] Our Mail After Purchase feature eliminates traditional barriers for leaving reviews. This feature automatically emails shoppers, at a set time after purchase, to encourage them to leave reviews. Customers are able to leave reviews directly from within the email. This is proven to dramatically increase both the volume and the quality of reviews generated. The email is mobile compatible and fully customable. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The opening rates of this email are around 40%, and about 8-10% of shoppers write the reviews using them.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]This is a mockup of the email:[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font]

This is an example of the statistics we provide to shop owners about the emails on the Yotpo dashboard:

There you go:

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Social push :

We give the option for stores to publish their reviews directly onto their social pages, and by that foster their community and reach to new potential customers . Yotpo also gives shops the ability to thank the reviewers on Facebook and Twitter. Shop followers can leave comments and click on the posts to read the reviews. They can also which review to publish.

This is an example how it looks on the Facebook page- [/font]

You can use this link to see it live on two of our customer’s Facebook pages -

https://www.facebook…positiveproject

[url=“Redirecting...”]http://www.facebook.com/kollectionk[/url]

Social share:

We give the reviewers to share their review over the social networks.

Moderation:

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Shop owners can easily choose which reviews to show and which to hide. Whenever a shop receives a new review, Yotpo will notify the shop and provide the reviewer’s email address, so that the shop owner can either thank that reviewer or solve any issues that might have arisen with the order.[/font]

This is how it looks at the moderation page:

Q&A:

We are going to release this feature really soon :)

Basically it will give the shoppers to ask a question about a product. The question will be sent to the store owner and to some of the people that already bought the product (by an algorithm, in order to avoid spam emails). After moderation the answers will be shown over the product page.

Coupons:

In order to increase the engagement with the shoppers, we will give the store owner the option to offer a coupon for leaving a review/answer. After the reviewer will post the review he/she will get the coupon for the discount.

We believe that this feature will help us to achieve an Avg of 15-20% conversion from shopper to reviewer.

Other feature I didn’t mention is the Testimonials (cross finger, will be released next Tuesday) and it will allow you to decide which reviews to show where. In addition, customers will be able to leave reviews for the service and shop itself, not just for the products sold. We’re very excited about this feature .

We definitely need to improve the TOS, will do that early next week.

Thanks you.

[/quote]

[quote name=‘idslamyou’ timestamp=‘1361568299’ post=‘156202’]

This would be a great feature if the reviews were held within the CS-cart database. I’d be more than willing to pay for an addon that will send an email allowing the customer to input their review straight in the email. I’m not interested in relying on a third party startup company whose future is unforseen especially if you cannot define a revenue model.

[/quote]

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1361572011’ post=‘156207’]

Where can you find really dumb investors as this company “supposedly” has, I have been searching for years! B)

Absolutely, no way would I touch this service with a 10 foot pole…

[/quote]

Hi Everyone,

I apologize for the delay, we’ve been working very hard, back and forth with our legal team to rework our TOS, based on the interested shown in this forum and the complaints made. We’ve now uploaded a new version to the site, and I wanted to let you all know.

You can see the new TOS here: https://www.yotpo.co…rms-of-service. The main section that was changed (that raised the concerns made here) is section 8. You’ll notice this is now totally revised to be simpler and more transparent. The reviews stay under the ownership of the reviewers; at the same time, both the storeowner and Yotpo are given the rights to use these reviews.

In addition, I wanted to address the valid points made here about our unclear revenue model. Of course to get funding a company needs to have some ideas of how they plan to make money in the future, even if they don’t execute on these ideas right away. We didn’t want to say too much about this at first, because we wanted to prove our model first, but I think it’s better for us to be completely honest and transparent, rather than sure.

The way we’re planning on making money is by offering an optional upselling feature in the Mail After Purchase email. The idea here would be to offer customers who’ve bought something from a store, deals on additional products, in the emails they receive a week or two after making their purchase. These are customers who are likely to buy from your store again, if given the opportunity. We will be able to track if these upselling offers lead to sales, and then revenue share on these sales only. The idea is that this is a win-win situation, since we’re able to generate more sales for each store that uses this feature (win for the store), and then we get a cut off of those extra sales (win for us). Again, this feature will be completely optional, and not a necessity of using Yotpo. We’re experimenting with this feature, with a few of our customers. I will be happy to keep you posted on our progress. And I’d love to hear your thoughts, and if you have any concerns about this. Please let me know.

Finally, as I’ve just said in my previous post, we’re also adding a feature to be able to export your reviews out of Yotpo at any time, with the click of a button. This feature should launch on our site within a few weeks. In the meantime, we’re happy to export reviews at command.

I look forward to your thoughts, and apologize again for the delay in getting these changes up and running on the site. Working with lawyers can sometimes be a long process :)

Thanks!

Thank you for your message, it's nice to hear the progress Yotpo makes to raise the revenue of reviews. Also the export feature will raise my trust in Yotpo I think this will be the same for a lot more customers.

I would like to know if the reviews that are published on your website will show up in the organic search results with stars, like rich snippets?

Not got much time at the moment, but I now take a look and install if I think it'll help me.

Well Done.