Thank you

• Ranger-1
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:24 PM #82

Hi kmolchanov,

Thanks so much for the reply.

When you say "you can use import to transfer your database", would this only be for transfering products, or would it also transfer shipping methods, currency settings, groups, quantity pricing, company info, etc.? In other words, would it essentially transfer the entire store?

I'm planning to migrate two live sites (running an old version of zencart) and launching a new one as well, all within the new Ultimate Edition. I am hoping to be able to setup the two live sites on a temporary subdomain using the Ultimate Edition RC, and get everything running well on them, and then pull the switch to make them live on their respective parent domains when the final version comes out, so I can avoid any down time. Since they are live sites, down time means lost sales, so I want to make sure I do it right, but I also want to have them ready as soon as the final version is released. Hence, my concern for having a logical path to upgrade/transfer all the info.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

I am looking to do the same thing. It would be good to use the next months sensibly while waiting for the final release. So if the final release can be installed on top of the RC database and keep the entries in the database intact, that would be great. Then we could start working on the contents.

• nodame
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:12 PM #83

v3 looks very very good! Esp the storefront. I am very happy that Cs-cart decided to use a css grid framework for its skins, and wrapping the whole block concept around it. I can already see from the admin panel > Blocks section, that the whole designing and tweaking of the storefront is going to be more flexible that the current v2 one. Thus there is more control over one's site without having to touch the core template tpl files. (hopefully! have not delve deeper to verify that). Which is good for those not used to smarty.

Definitely looking forward to v3!!
v4.1.1

• colortone
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:30 PM #84

The option to import-export the blocks layout (export location) to a xml file is a wonderful addition.

• knoxbury
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:51 PM #85

Everyone is gaga over the look of this without critical thinking. There are some great improvements, but we also need to keep pushing CS-Cart to improve the functionality of their cart, not just the look.

• DangerClose
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:45 PM #86

Installed with no issues and up and going in less than 30 minutes with demo data on our host... I have a live store that I may backup and try an export/import over to the 3.0RC to see how it goes and provide feedback.

This has the feel of OpenCart - which you know has come quite a long way in the last 18 months - very smooth 2.0 looking front store - makes it easy for customers for simple input. In retro - I have the pro version but none of the legacy 2.x templates worth even worth the time for me to try to edit as they were well off-base for what we use and may find more templates here are great with 3.0... Thanks again. It's innovation like this that makes it easy to see why we bought the license.

K

• solesurvivor
  • Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:54 PM #87

Everyone is gaga over the look of this without critical thinking. There are some great improvements, but we also need to keep pushing CS-Cart to improve the functionality of their cart, not just the look.

True. But this is a big step in the right direction in the name of progress. :)

• jegesmaci
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:02 PM #88

knoxbury, I recently had my website reviewed by a marketing and web usability group. A lot of the major changes that were suggested to improve workflow and improve the customer experience are included in the v3 upgrade. To me this is more than a face lift. This really put modern usability technique into our hands.

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:35 AM #89

I just realized that they still have not fixed the "year" for the credit card information. They are still allowing the customer to put in the last 2 of their year and without a doubt we have quite a few customers who try to type in the whole year (i.e. 2012) which the site thinks the customer just put "20" in.
Regards,
Jim

• KBM
  • Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:04 AM #90

I have a couple of questions...

Will the URL's in 2.?.?. remain the same in verision 3 final?
Any plans to search by phone number in the admin side?

I didn't have much time to explore the new site, but from what i've seen so far it appears to be nice.

Will the URL's remain the same when switching from Verision 2 to 3?

Version 4.3.9

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:44 AM #91

I am looking to do the same thing. It would be good to use the next months sensibly while waiting for the final release. So if the final release can be installed on top of the RC database and keep the entries in the database intact, that would be great. Then we could start working on the contents.

Hi,

We will introduce a database migration script when the final release is out. It will allow you to transfer the database from RC to the final version.

So you can start filling up the database right now and not worry about it getting lost upon the final release.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:48 AM #92

It is a pity that no one said that it will not transfer the graphics :(.
Clients put a lot of work to do page layout. It seems that the work was pointless. It's not fair :(.
We hope that you manage to do something about it.

We are doing our best to make the design transition as easy as possible.

The devs are currently working on automatical block tranfser routine.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:02 AM #93

Will the URL's remain the same when switching from Verision 2 to 3?

Yes, the URL will be the same. Still, you are free to change the URL.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• vidan
  • Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:24 PM #94

it is fine to have the new major version which is 3.*
but dont forget to upgrade 2.2.4 version for new bugs.
because i believe waiting version 3.0 to be stable take 8 month - a year from now.

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2429 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:26 PM #95

Agree, a super stable 2.25 would be highly appreciated.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• solesurvivor
  • Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:33 PM #96

• What is the schedule for releasing the next RC version with bugs fixed?
  • What is the schedule for releasing a ready to deploy version?

• AmitP
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:00 PM #97

At a guess.....when it's ready?
VPS 2.0GHz + 1GB RAM

• solesurvivor
  • Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:53 PM #98

very helpful.

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:16 PM #99

Why don't you guys consider just letting them do their jobs rather than continually ask them to attempt to answer pinpoint release date questions which are impossible to answer? If you read between the lines a little you will come to the conclusion that we are most likely getting very close to seeing the next "Release Candidate". :shock:
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• solesurvivor
  • Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:28 AM #100

Hey struck were all just excited! But yeah we should
Probably give them a little space. Just can't wait till it ready!