CS-Cart 3 RC Released

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1329322388' post='131317']

Dear Kayokoko,

No, there won't be such upgrade, Release Candidate is for testing only. Maybe DB won't be changed until the final release, but most probably it will.

[/quote]

if there is no upgrade, should it be alpha edition? instead of release candidate?

Hahaha, thank you for that, yes had an incling this was immenent. Looks pretty sweet from here, cant wait to play with 960.gs, should make most carts look different from others. We are currently in process of custom development so hopefully this version ccan be the one we work with.

[quote name=‘AmitP’ timestamp=‘1329331465’ post=‘131325’]

Hahaha, thank you for that, yes had an incling this was immenent. Looks pretty sweet from here, cant wait to play with 960.gs, should make most carts look different from others. We are currently in process of custom development so hopefully this version ccan be the one we work with.

[/quote]

:mrgreen:

How long is the Release Candidate testing period scheduled? Is there going to be a RC2 or will the official release occur after the RC1 testing period has completed? I am needing to know what the current estimated time is for the official release.

Also, will there be documentation available soon for configuring a storefront (Ultimate Edition) on a different domain for servers running Plesk?

Very nice, a new toy to play for the Weekend!!! Thanks Cs-Cart. Keep up the good work

cs-cart-3-rc has only one customer skin.

full release will have more?

I just tried to install this on my server and I cant get through setup. I keep getting an error

[color=#000000]Cannot connect to the database server. Please check your settings.[/color]

[color=#000000]I have verified my database settings are correct my attempting to create, and delete tables from raw php code outside of CS-Cart[/color]

[color=#000000]using the same login details.[/color]

[color=#000000]Any advice?[/color]

Firstly congrats on a great release. Love it so far.

Small issue cant figure out…

Under Deisgn…Blocks…Manage Blocks,

A Dialog opens with all blocks available and the option create new ones.

I can create a block and edit blocks, I just cant seem to see a delete block link anywhere.

So currently The unwanted blocks I created are simply taking up space on the Database no doubt.

Hope I am not the only one who sees this, or if anyone has worked out a way to delete them thru admin, please share, otherwise , maybe it is someting that is not yet finished and will be ready in Final release.

I have shown that in v224 Prof - Block CAN be deleted - See pic,

But No Option for Delete found in as shown in picture of CS-Cart 3-RC

Umera,

Were you able to actually install it on your server or are

You using the demo site?

Installed with no issues (so far) on my local wamp server.

That is odd I can't get past the install screen where you enter database details.

Oddly I got it working on localhost using wamp. It must be an issue on my web server with my web host. ill have to ask them for some assistance.

I asked my web host company and they told me its something with the script. Anyone have any ideas what might be the issue?

Its odd I can install it locally using wamp but when insalling on my web server with my web hosting company i just cant get

past the page i enter database details succesfully it always says it was unable to connect.

cPanel file manager can't extract .tgz files. On the next RC, please also make it available on zip package. Thanks.

great news

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1329321150' post='131312']

Front side looks pretty cool. Great job!

Does the admin area change? I didn't see anywhere to look at the admin.

[/quote]

The administration panel look did not change since it had been updated in CS-Cart 2.2.1

Regarding functionality, the block manager has been rewritten from scratch to fit the new 960.gs layout.

[quote name='cavemin' timestamp='1329321542' post='131313']

omg i have changed a lot thing. my old 2.2.X theme wll work whit this ? what template changes

[/quote]

The 2.x templates will probably be unusable in the new version without some modifying. There's a huge lot of changes in the templates. Not to forget that we now use 960.gs, too.

[quote name='cavemin' timestamp='1329322020' post='131314']

still dont filtering search result with categories.

still you cant choose per product currency.

[/quote]

Search result filters will be available in Searchanise.

Setting currency per product is not planned at all.

[quote name='vidan' timestamp='1329323408' post='131318']

if there is no upgrade, should it be alpha edition? instead of release candidate?

[/quote]

Can't really see a connection between the fact that it is an RC and upgrade.

See the RC is not targeted to be installed on live stores anyway.

So there is really no need in upgrade at all.

[quote name='Phoenix' timestamp='1329335468' post='131329']

How long is the Release Candidate testing period scheduled? Is there going to be a RC2 or will the official release occur after the RC1 testing period has completed? I am needing to know what the current estimated time is for the official release.

Also, will there be documentation available soon for configuring a storefront (Ultimate Edition) on a different domain for servers running Plesk?

[/quote]

Thanks for the good questions!

The exact release date is not yet defined, and it depends heavily on the success of the RC testing process. It is a matter of several months anyway.

There will be multiple RCs coming in the future.

A detailed storefront deployment guide for Plesk is to be published shortly.