• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 RC Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 15 votes

• jegesmaci
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:48 PM #61

The demo looks great. I am very excited to get this up and running for three stores that I would like to manage from one back-end.

I am looking forward to the release.

Adam

• whiplash13
  • PM Extraordinaire
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:13 PM #62

What will the upgrade path be for going from 2.2.4 to 3.x? Will it be an upgrade from Upgrade Center or will it require an upgrade process similar to what we did going from 1.x to 2.x?
John
CS Cart 4.2.4

• Phoenix
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:17 PM #63

We are actually just getting started and would like to use the Ultimate Edition. Our store will not be live for a few months but we would like to install the Release Candidate and begin settings things up and adding products. Please please please consider an upgrade path from the Release Candidate to the official release. It would make all the difference in the world and allow us to move forward.

We are certainly not wanting to rush you and your dedication to a rock solid and as stable as possible system is one of the main reasons why we have chosen your product. We welcome your hard work in bug fixing and smoothing out the rough edges but the Multi-Store (Ultimate) delays have caught up with us and if we could start now with the Release Candidate with an upgrade path to the official release, it would make a world of difference for us. Please consider it.

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:04 PM #64

You are right about the Product Configurator.
We have not yet paid much attention to this add-on, though it has not been planned either...
You can vote the feature up in the UserVoice. The more votes it has, the more effort we will spend on its development.

Already in the Uservoice at http://cscart.uservo...or-improvements

I hope this addon moves up on your priority list.

• KBM
  • Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:05 AM #65

I have a couple of questions...

Will the URL's in 2.?.?. remain the same in verision 3 final?
Any plans to search by phone number in the admin side?

I didn't have much time to explore the new site, but from what i've seen so far it appears to be nice.

Version 4.3.9

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:29 AM #66

What is 960.gs?

• indy0077
  • Banned
  • 1431 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:32 AM #67

What is 960.gs?

http://sixrevisions....stem-made-easy/
CS-Cart Professional €160.00 | CS-Cart Multi-Vendor €625.00 | CS-Cart Hosting | SSL Certificates
CS-Cart Optimized Servers *** USA & UK VPS Servers

• solesurvivor
  • Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:37 PM #68

Is anyone else having any issues with logging in to the admin? This is driving me crazy. When I try to login to the admin it works, sometimes. Sometimes I have to actually close my clear cache, and close my browser before it works.

My web host has told me its not an issue with the web server. Can anyone please help me or advise how to fix this issue? I have the same issue with the 224 version also. You type the correct admin username, and password and the response back is nothing it just sends you back to the login page with no error or message. But... if i enter the incorrect username and password it does prompt with an error message.

• bioformx
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:02 PM #69

Sorry I am such a noob but I really want to trial the RC but I have no idea on how to install it. Anyone can help me please?

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 5070 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:57 AM #70

Just the same as you installed the first CS cart, but put in in a subfolder for testing and put your robots.txt file to read

User-agent: *
Disallow: /

and is wise to close the storefront when not working on it.

So the path would be www yoursite.com/newtestsite
and www yoursite.com/newtestsite.admin.php for admin side
create a new database and connect it to that just as you did with your first installation

John

4 14.1

• sellon
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:05 AM #71

What will the upgrade path be for going from 2.2.4 to 3.x? Will it be an upgrade from Upgrade Center or will it require an upgrade process similar to what we did going from 1.x to 2.x?

Well done guys at CS Cart, looking very smart.

My question is the same here as 'whiplash13'....a very good question. Will there be an upgrade path or is importing the only option from what we can read so far ?

I have a couple of projects in the pipeline (at early stages) and would be good to know so we don't spend too much effort with 2.2.4 if there is no seamless upgrade path.

- plus, What WILL get ported across, eg. images, settings, layout, etc Vs what will NOT get ported , if there is an upgrade path?

Thank you and look forward to a response for some clarity on this issue.

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:43 AM #72

960.gs

Excellent. You guys are prince among men.

Will there be a sub cat image mod for v3?
http://kb2.cs-cart.c...-multicolumns#3
find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

• Maky
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:46 AM #73

My first impression : disappointment :(
Bad idea with "Grid" thing. For developer changing cscart to particular needs will be disaster.
With previous version 2.2.4 I could do what I wanted.
Guys from cs-cart you should take best features from RC and included to previous versions.
I will not update my cs.

• Maky
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:12 AM #74

OMG. Maybe I misunderstood something...
What about the user who has Professional 2.2.4 and want to do the upgreade to Ultimate or ver. 3? What about the appearance of his store?

I agree, It is going to be a problem for these users. I worked weeks on 2.2.4 version and now cs3 which is completely different.
Should I start again? You guys joking....

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:50 AM #75

Does the old skins (ver 2.2.4) will work with version 3???

No, unfortunately, page layout is totally different, so the old skins will be unusable in CS-Cart 3.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:56 AM #76

I am already testing it. Looks great I must say. Block content is totally different en in most point better. Nevertheless, in the version prior to version 3.0 you could set the tabs (product details page tabs) to vertical, in order to get rid of the tabs on the products page. I cannot find this funcionality to to change the direction from horizontal to vertical, not on the products page as the product tabs in the design menu. It this function left out?

The feature is still there:

Go to Settings -> Appearance, scroll down to Customer settings and uncheck Display product details in tabs.

That'll do the thing!

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:17 PM #77

OMG. Maybe I misunderstood something...
What about the user who has Professional 2.2.4 and want to do the upgreade to Ultimate or ver. 3? What about the appearance of his store?

The upgrade routine is still under development, so I can't really tell you how exactly a store will look like after an upgrade.
We do our best to make a store save its appearance after an upgrade. Though you should keep in mind that due to the new page layout some design parts will might need adapting.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:25 PM #78

We are figuring out the upgrade path at the time, more precise information will be available after this Wednesday

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:30 PM #79

My first impression : disappointment :(
Bad idea with "Grid" thing. For developer changing cscart to particular needs will be disaster.
With previous version 2.2.4 I could do what I wanted.
Guys from cs-cart you should take best features from RC and included to previous versions.
I will not update my cs.

I agree, It is going to be a problem for these users. I worked weeks on 2.2.4 version and now cs3 which is completely different.
Should I start again? You guys joking....

Dear Maky,

As you might have noticed, this release has a different first digit than the previous one.

Which apparently means that it's a major release, and it's the majorest we ever had :-)
So there's no wonder the changes are so significant.

Actually, if the migration is too tricky, there's no point in it -- just continue using 2.2.4. The fact we release a new one doesn't mean the old one's bad :-)

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• soft-solid
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1641 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:43 PM #80

The upgrade routine is still under development, so I can't really tell you how exactly a store will look like after an upgrade.
We do our best to make a store save its appearance after an upgrade. Though you should keep in mind that due to the new page layout some design parts will might need adapting.

It is a pity that no one said that it will not transfer the graphics :(.
Clients put a lot of work to do page layout. It seems that the work was pointless. It's not fair :(.
We hope that you manage to do something about it.

Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl | marketplace | Multi-Vendor/CS-Cart Development | Dedicated developers

We specialize in creating the highest quality addons, safe, useful and flexible