• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 RC Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 15 votes

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:14 PM #321

still error with rc5 fresh

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "exception.tpl" in /www/sites/domain/V3/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• cs070808
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:12 AM #322

I installed version 3 RC3.
When I update to RC5, is there any database changes that it will automatically update too ?

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:32 AM #323

It isn't an update, it is a completely new version. If you've been working with a different RC, you'll need to install RC5 and then bring all your data over. Kind of a pain.

There have also been design changes, so you can't just copy over your skin either.

Thanks,

Brandon

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:26 AM #324

No, please don't misinterpret my short rant. I love the new version and have already started converting an old site to it. I just find it very frustrating that basic features that have been discussed as lacking and needing improvement since version 1.35 are left stagnant and new features that impact a very small minority of superusers are constantly getting added. Also if you suggest a logical enhancement, cs-cart is very quick to brush it aside and say please add it to the uservoice.

I couldn't agree more. Why not fix some very important basic things first, and then focus on version 3.
The only thing i can imagine, is that things like GRID LAYOUT will sell and bring new customers. (imho opinion they could better focus on marketing, a thing they are desperatly failing with - smaller, inferior carts show up everywhere. CS-cart is invisible even though it kicks their butt and runs around it 10 times).

Anyway, I fixed just about all the litle annoying things myself (or actually, alt team did most of it) so I know have a perfectly configured cs-cart 2.24 - at least 10 pretty big changes have been made...

Example of some critical stuff:

* Links in banners are not multilanguage in 2.24. So I have to make all my banners in HTML and can not use cs-carts banners option.
* Free shipping doesn't take discounts into account. So you can have free shipping from 100 on.... but if a customer applies a 50% discount to his 100 euro order, he pays only 50,- .. still he gets free discount
* tax can not be applied to payment method surcharges (so this function is useless in many countries, including the entire EU).
* Out of the box, tax can not be configured correctly for EU users, if you sell B2B as well as B2C: discount tax calculations are wrong (there is a fix on this forum), and there are some more funny things.

and so on.

The only thing I could do is accept these things are not high on cs-carts to do list. CS-cart makes it a priority to add new, and for most people unneeded features.

If I'd make the move to 3, I will probably loose or have to adapt these - for me critical - fixes. So I don't think i'll move very soon... because I don't feel like spending another $1500 or so on making the software work almost perfect for me (there are still some really small annoying things, I guess there will always be)

Then again.... cs-cart is a great cart, and I think it's the same for all carts out there (believe me, I tried) - you will always have to edit stuff so it will work for you.

I am totally happy with the software and had I gone the magento route I'm sure I would have spent at least 10.000 euro to get the shop I have now running.... also, I learned how to change just about anything in cs-cart myself, something I'm sure magento wouldn't have allowed me to do.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:30 PM #325

you are right ...

magento is pay for all
prestashop is pay for all
cs-cart is pay for custom dev... hey.. that's reasonable.

We spent over 20,000 in design on our site, and it's still not even online.. EVERY time a new upgrade comes, its a new design headache ( yes we use the addons/local and mychanges) but still lots of custom dev.

so now im moving from 2.1.4 to 2.2.4 (argh) and then be ready for upgrade to 3, (redoing all skins well be necessary.)

all this meanwhile i have to keep a devel running 2.1.4 to push upgrades i do to the live store, in case in between my upgrades i need to push something and not say well i need to upgrade all before we change this or that.

so ill be running 3 different versions till all ready.. 6 months ? another 10k ?

2.1.4 DEV
2.1.4 --> 2.2.4 upgrade dev version
3 Rc5 - cant even load Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "exception.tpl" in /www/sites/domain/V3/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

meaning budget deployed for 3 times the work
plus we got our own modules written that cs-cart could do for 4-5k, plus 4-5k design on cs3 + all mods....
helll
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:06 PM #326

Well, you don't have to upgrade. If your cart is working on the version you are on, why mess with it?

As for the install of 3.0. I've installed a few copies of 3.0 in different RCs and haven't had any problems. The installation is pretty straight forward.

Thanks,

Brandon

• soft-solid
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1641 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:50 PM #327

Hello.

Why RC5 version has changed the structure of the database associated with the settings and translation settings. I'm talking about arrays cscart_settings_ *.
How to convert data from a previous version of RC?

Robert

Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl | marketplace | Multi-Vendor/CS-Cart Development | Dedicated developers

We specialize in creating the highest quality addons, safe, useful and flexible

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:11 PM #328

I couldn't agree more. Why not fix some very important basic things first, and then focus on version 3.
The only thing i can imagine, is that things like GRID LAYOUT will sell and bring new customers. (imho opinion they could better focus on marketing, a thing they are desperatly failing with - smaller, inferior carts show up everywhere. CS-cart is invisible even though it kicks their butt and runs around it 10 times).

i've tried to talk/help them with marketing but it's a no win situation. They should have more licenses sold than Xcart who hasnt updated their framework in YEARS. but they dont....

It's frustrating b/c this cart system is 1000x better than X.

Until then, Ill just keep telling people about CS and how great it is.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• colortone
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:25 AM #329

Why grow so fast to finish with a bloated cart useless at the end? visit the X forum, and read all the problems around releases.

Second, my guess is that since this cart is build with smarty, building the core takes time, but in the future new features are more easy to implement. Look how fast they came out with a new admin and a new front end.

Third, more software are founded or are owned by third companies, and I have the feeling cs-cart don't like to "talk to investors". They seem truly independent.

• herroq
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:24 AM #330

twigmo is not support by cs-cart3 ?

i installed the twigmo addon, but can not config it because of the database error.

Twigmo: Options close

Database error: Unknown column 'options' in 'field list' (1054)

Invalid query: SELECT options FROM cscart_addons WHERE addon = 'twigmo'

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:09 AM #331

you are right ... magento is pay for all prestashop is pay for all cs-cart is pay for custom dev... hey.. that's reasonable. We spent over 20,000 in design on our site, and it's still not even online..

20k? Are you talking in dollars? That's a LOT!.. Honestly, an upgrade from 2.14 to 2.24 shouldn't cause too much problems.

Well, you don't have to upgrade. If your cart is working on the version you are on, why mess with it?

I agree, I'm not gonna mess with my 2.24 cart for some time. Maybe in a year or so... if I see an advantage, i'll move over to 3. But for now I don't see any reason :)

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• clinton
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:01 PM #332

i installed the twigmo addon, but can not config it because of the database error.

Twigmo: Options close

Database error: Unknown column 'options' in 'field list' (1054)

Invalid query: SELECT options FROM cscart_addons WHERE addon = 'twigmo'

I am getting the same error.

• solesurvivor
  • Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:18 PM #333

UPDATE: NEVERMIND FIGURED IT OUT

Anyone else notice the Shipping Calculation doesn't work correctly, or am I missing something? I posted a bug report about it and even saw the same issue on the demo site. Can someone check it and let me know if they see this as a bug as well.

http://forum.cs-cart...alculation-bug/

• ildar
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:36 AM #334

At the moment Twigmo add-on is being adapted for CS-Cart 3 and will be included in RC6.
Unfortunately previous RC builds don't work with Twigmo.
Going mobile is easy! Check out our tool for making e-commerce site mobile visitors friendly - Twigmo Mobile Front-End.

Have an idea how to improve Twigmo? Share it with us!

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:47 AM #335

it's because they think as suppliers as a flea market !...

like you advertise the store, and the suppliers(manufacturers) login and push the products into the store.... they are thinking of the concept like the chineese i think.

They need to think like N/American Trade should...
either way it's 2 different things.. let's clarify for them

1) vendor ( uses the cart system to promote his products

2) supplier (supplies the products to the store owner, but never sees the cart system)

3) shipping method, (is not linked to any of these

4) product, (is linked to a specific shipping method, depending
a- is a supplier attached and needs is own shipping ?
b- if so - is is dropship ( email send etc etc)
c- if not revert to default shipping for store ( aka regions, zip codes etc)

does this sum it up ?

Yeh this just about sums it up, but CS could go further ... whilst the supplier functionality is great for drop-shipping, and as a bi-product can be used for shipping specific items from your cart, (though limited and cumbersome) - the ability to assign specific shipping method(s) for each product - if the customer wants 2 items that have to be shipped different methods then they get charged for both, but if there's common shipping then the store calculates as normal per weight/item/cost etc.

Brandon posted the below some time ago and it hits the mark, it would solve a lot of the shipping problems folk are having, instead of using the supplier for items shipped by specific methods - just limit your product to that method - job sorted. Keep the suppliers function for dropshipping.

http://forum.cs-cart...__fromsearch__1

Barry

BarryH

CS-Cart v4.4.3 (Plus one being developed v4.5.2 SP2)
UK User

• kellenw
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:14 AM #336

Yeh this just about sums it up, but CS could go further ... whilst the supplier functionality is great for drop-shipping, and as a bi-product can be used for shipping specific items from your cart, (though limited and cumbersome) - the ability to assign specific shipping method(s) for each product - if the customer wants 2 items that have to be shipped different methods then they get charged for both, but if there's common shipping then the store calculates as normal per weight/item/cost etc.

Brandon posted the below some time ago and it hits the mark, it would solve a lot of the shipping problems folk are having, instead of using the supplier for items shipped by specific methods - just limit your product to that method - job sorted. Keep the suppliers function for dropshipping.

http://forum.cs-cart...__fromsearch__1

Barry

Totally agree with this Barry. Well said. While I don't like the idea of having to use "suppliers" as a work around to do specific item shipping, at least it was an option... until they removed it from Ultimate Edition without letting anyone know. Now we are stuck waiting for them to put it back in while we sit on a prepaid license and a stalled project. At any rate, we would ideally like to see things implemented as you outlined, but as a more immediate solution, we would like the "semi" flexible suppliers functionality put back in so we, and several other site devs here, can proceed with our projects. Then, perhaps they can focus on actually fixing the shipping engine from the ground up, like you and Brandon so well described.

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:34 AM #337

Hi again.

This and most/all issues should really be inclusive on both Professional and Ultimate!

On the Supplier issue I can remember the problems it caused us when it was dropped between upgrades in the earlier format, it was a big problem for a lot of people then, so not sure why CS should think it won't be a problem now.

BarryH

CS-Cart v4.4.3 (Plus one being developed v4.5.2 SP2)
UK User

• AmitP
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:08 AM #338

I have noticed the classy (personal opinion) logo fade has gone from the latest RC5 when changing pages. Will the be reintroduced?

Regards
VPS 2.0GHz + 1GB RAM

• posto
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:11 PM #339

The Products Block by filling newest Product display all newest product in the actual Category.

Is would be gread to add more dynamic content by filling the Product.
for example:
View Most Popular product: All or only this category. the same for Bestseller and Ratings.
And a sort by Sale or a link to the saled product. :)
Thanks
Templates for v3

**see Posto's Templates Tread**

• solesurvivor
  • Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:19 PM #340

Anyone have any clue what do if the cache is not clearing templates? I made a change to the view.tpl file for categories and it's not showing after clearing cache. I even manually
Wiped the cache and compiled folders but still not showing my changes.

Anyone have any clue what do if the cache is not clearing templates? I made a change to the view.tpl file for categories and it's not showing after clearing cache. I even manually