• You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 RC Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 15 votes

• Joachim
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:36 AM #301

Regarding the "supplier" issue:

I hope this does not delay the initial launch of CS Cart Ultimate. We don't use the suppliers functionality and would like to get going on the new CS-Cart version as soon as possible.
<p>4.4.2 Ultimate (6 storefronts)

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:44 AM #302

I have been playing with the new design Blocks and can not figure out a few things:

1) I can move blocks between grids, but how does one move a grid? Currently I am forced to delete and recreate a grid if I want to move it somewhere else. Very annoying.

2) How does one create a layout that is used on all the pages? For example, I wanted to remove the Top Menu and add a Left Menu grid and block. I did this in the default location. How do I transfer this design to all the other locations (i,.e. products, categories, cart, etc). Currently I am forced to recreate the layout in every location. Once again, very annoying.

3) How do I split a grid in two or three? Currently I have to re-size it and then add a new one. Splitting seems like it will be a common enough task that it should be a feature.

I am liking the new Block feature, but currently it is very frustrating and limiting to work in. I should be free to move blocks and grids and re-size them at will.

David

By the way, I was able to import all my products, options, categories and pages from cs-cart 1.35 into 3.01. To do this I went through Excel first using CSV files to recreate the new table structures. I am now working on importing my images. This seems to be a little harder since they totally redid the way the image tables work.

Hello David,

Thanks for the questions.

1) Grids are currently not movable as you've noticed. This is indeed somewhat an annoying issue, and we'll consider implementing grid drag'n'drop in the future. Thanks for bringing our attention to this issue. It'd be also useful if you posted it as a feature in the UserVoice.

2) Top and Bottom containers from the default location override all top and bottom containers on all locations. Whereas Central container is always individual. Unfortunately, there is no way to override Central container content partially.
An ability to save container or location patterns seems like a reasonable solution. We'd be thankful if you posted this feature request or any other you find suiting the situation on the UserVoice as well.

3) Splitting a grid to 2 is really equal to placing 2 grids in 1 grid. So instead of deleting a grid and creating 2 other ones on its place, just create 2 grids inside the one you wish to split.

Note that there will be a small gap shown between the parent and children grids in the block manager, for convenience. There is no such gap on an actual page, 2 grids in 1 common one look absolutely identical to 2 grids put side by side.

Your questions and suggestions are highly appreciated, they help us develop CS-Cart in the right direction. Thanks a lot!

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:46 AM #303

if I buy the CS-Cart 2.2.4 professional licence now, could I update to CS-Cart 3 for free?

by the way, when will cs-cart3 release stable version?

Yes, if you purchase a CS-Cart 2.2.4 Professional license now, you will have the access to the new CS-Cart Professional versions and updates free of charge.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:48 AM #304

Regarding the "supplier" issue:

I hope this does not delay the initial launch of CS Cart Ultimate. We don't use the suppliers functionality and would like to get going on the new CS-Cart version as soon as possible.

No, the supplier feature or its substitute should not affect the final release date, we plan to add it after the final version is ready and released.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:02 AM #305

Not having suppliers in Ultimate Edition is a major problem for us, and will be a major problem for a very large percentage of people considering UE. Without suppliers functionality, the shipping system is extremely limited. In fact, it is unusable for a large number of people, particularly the type of people who run multiple stores, because they tend to have more complex shipping requirements than single store owners.

Without suppliers functionality, you are not able to assign specific real-time shipping methods to a single product. Examples:
- If you have an item that is Hazmat and must ship ONLY a certain way, this can no longer be accomplished.
- If you have a perishable item that must ONLY ship via overnight service, this can no longer be accomplished.
- If you use a drop shipper for some products (most of us do), and need to use their shipping rate tables (because they are in a different rate zone than you) while applying your rates to your own products, this is no longer possible.
- If you have heavy weight, oversize or freight items that must ship via a different method than the other products being ordered, this can't be accomplished.
- If you have multiple warehouses or distribution centers in different areas, you can not quote real time rates for each of them.
- If you use a fullfilment company to ship some of your items while shipping others from your own location, you can no longer quote real time rates for both.

You can do ALL of this with Pro, a less expensive product. The result is that Ultimate Edition is crippled compared to Pro, unless suppliers functionality is put back in.

I paid for a UE license already, under the assumption this functionality would not be removed. I'm struggling to understand why in the world it would be removed in the first place. Without it, the shipping system has virtually zero flexibility and literally will NOT work for us, or a vast number of other people out there. Put simply, you're going to lose sales, because other competing products have this.

I started a UserVoice for this issue here: http://cscart.uservo...to-ultimate-edi

It is already the leading feature by votes in the Ultimate Edition category. Please vote if this matters to you!

We understand that this feature is vital for many of our clients and believe me it is only our best wish to see them satisfied.

Thank you for listing the use cases for the Suppliers functionality in such a detailed way, this is really helpful.

We do our very best to bring it back, and it's thank to people like you we know what to do.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:22 AM #306

Is the cost of CS-Cart licenses going to go up?
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:30 PM #307

how about the cache? are you also going to solve the problem of the cache? because right now instead of making the cart faster it makes it slower. a way to disable this useless future that makes the cscart the SLOWEST CART?
CS 4.3.9

• timst
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:11 PM #308

Still no way to refund /partial refund an order from the orders page? X and ISC have had this for awhile now.
Also, Has authorize/capture been implemented so that even if it fails fraud risk, the shop owner can override if it is a legit company doing drop-shipping, and then process or refund as needed?
V 4.2.2

• kellenw
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:44 PM #309

Regarding the "supplier" issue: I hope this does not delay the initial launch of CS Cart Ultimate. We don't use the suppliers functionality and would like to get going on the new CS-Cart version as soon as possible.

Do you ever plan to offer a flat rate shipping cost for a single item, while others are shipped via normal real time rates or some other method? You'll need supplier functionality to do that too.

--------
Make sure to vote for adding Supplier Functionality back into Ultimate Edition by going here:
http://cscart.uservo...to-ultimate-edi
---------

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:41 PM #310

We understand that this feature is vital for many of our clients and believe me it is only our best wish to see them satisfied.

Thank you for listing the use cases for the Suppliers functionality in such a detailed way, this is really helpful.

We do our very best to bring it back, and it's thank to people like you we know what to do.

Hello Kmolchanov,

To further my explanation of the "Warehouses" concept I mention above, a company called able commerce offers something similar, here is there description:

In AbleCommerce, warehouses are used to create shipping origins. You can create any number of
warehouses, virtual or real, and assign products and shipping methods. This association allows the merchant to provide product specific shipping methods. For example, you could create a virtual warehouse for oversized products and then assign specific shipping methods to accommodate the special shipping requirements. Warehouses, in a real physical location, can also be added for businesses that use drop-shipping.

I believe most will be able to see the level of flexibility of product shipping this would provide.

Regardless, these are just some ideas in case they are helpful to all !
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1179 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:15 PM #311

Grids are currently not movable as you've noticed. This is indeed somewhat an annoying issue, and we'll consider implementing grid drag'n'drop in the future. Thanks for bringing our attention to this issue. It'd be also useful if you posted it as a feature in the UserVoice.

The Uservoice has been a total failure. Every time a hear cs-cart say add it to the user-voice I cringe.

This is and many, many other features are necessary requirements for a cart in this price range. Under the Uservoice it will never get a enough votes to go on cs-cart's RADAR. The uservoice is a failure because it allows a very small, vocal and active community drive the direction of cs-cart. In my opinion no new features should be added until the current ones are brought up to par with other carts in this price range. This includes functionality and performance. Once that is complete, then you start looking at features at the next tear level of carts and slowly added them. The uservoice has allowed many cs-cart existing features (e.g. product configurator, buy together, etc) to remain stagnate and left behind while new features are added to support a very small percentage of actual cs-cart users.

I recommend using cs-cart's competition (in its price range) and then beyond to drive new features. Not the very small minority of people that use the uservoice.

OK, rant over :grin:

Sorry I got off topic from this thread, but I thought it needed to be said.

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:49 AM #312

CS-Cart 3.0.1 Release Candidate 5 has been released today.

Get the installation packages for all editions by the following links:

The following bugs have been fixed:

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• JGift
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:31 PM #313

The Uservoice has been a total failure. Every time a hear cs-cart say add it to the user-voice I cringe.

This is and many, many other features are necessary requirements for a cart in this price range. Under the Uservoice it will never get a enough votes to go on cs-cart's RADAR. The uservoice is a failure because it allows a very small, vocal and active community drive the direction of cs-cart. In my opinion no new features should be added until the current ones are brought up to par with other carts in this price range. This includes functionality and performance. Once that is complete, then you start looking at features at the next tear level of carts and slowly added them. The uservoice has allowed many cs-cart existing features (e.g. product configurator, buy together, etc) to remain stagnate and left behind while new features are added to support a very small percentage of actual cs-cart users.

I recommend using cs-cart's competition (in its price range) and then beyond to drive new features. Not the very small minority of people that use the uservoice.

OK, rant over :grin:

Sorry I got off topic from this thread, but I thought it needed to be said.

I agree - the Uservoice platform is stale and only has comments by the general public. Cs Cart hardly comments on the features that users are adding.

It would be nice if Cs Cart could map out a RoadMap of features for us to see what is coming and when for the year ahead.

There are features on the user voice added in 2010 with many votes relative to the population of registered users and there have not even been considered....

Can CS-CART kindly update the Uservoice platform and perhaps participate on the forum as we loyal users do. We spend our time giving you feedback for your development. You basically are getting free business analysis from your community and the innovation is coming from us rather than you.

Sorry - also off topic but had to voice agreement on the Uservoice forum. There is a backlog of features in this Uservoice that extends years and months so putting a feature there gives no confidence it will be planned for and done.....

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4817 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:21 PM #314

It would be nice if Cs Cart could map out a RoadMap of features for us to see what is coming and when for the year ahead.

https://www.cs-cart.com/roadmap.html

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1179 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:26 PM #315

https://www.cs-cart.com/roadmap.html

That page is so outdated. It was the roadmap during version 2.1

• hbtrading
  • Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:09 PM #316

That page is so outdated. It was the roadmap during version 2.1

It seems pretty up to date.

• brokensword
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:10 PM #317

to Tiplets

i see you don't like the new version

why

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1179 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:29 PM #318

to Tiplets

i see you don't like the new version

why

No, please don't misinterpret my short rant. I love the new version and have already started converting an old site to it. I just find it very frustrating that basic features that have been discussed as lacking and needing improvement since version 1.35 are left stagnant and new features that impact a very small minority of superusers are constantly getting added. Also if you suggest a logical enhancement, cs-cart is very quick to brush it aside and say please add it to the uservoice.

• brokensword
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:25 PM #319

No, please don't misinterpret my short rant. I love the new version and have already started converting an old site to it. I just find it very frustrating that basic features that have been discussed as lacking and needing improvement since version 1.35 are left stagnant and new features that impact a very small minority of superusers are constantly getting added. Also if you suggest a logical enhancement, cs-cart is very quick to brush it aside and say please add it to the uservoice.

I agree with you they need to improve basic features.the user voice mean to me ( no ) or wait one or two years

• sellon
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:05 PM #320

I agree with you they need to improve basic features.the user voice mean to me ( no ) or wait one or two years

As I said in my earlier post, I think uservoice needs to be structured right to meet needs of 2 or 3 types of customer base (eg. starter, powerusers, developers).
Secondly, I think the Cs Cart with the feedback from uservoice(or feedback forum) needs to re-define what is 'core' Vs what is 'nice to have' features and functionalities, All of this in return feeds into the roadmap.