• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2007 Most Wanted Mods/Features Rate Topic   - - - - -

• chahinemm
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:48 AM #61

Most import things I'd like are Gift certificate. Before Xmas Please!!! :)

fyi...
http://forum.cs-cart...read.php?t=2798

chahine

• Komplex
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:07 AM #62

I'm hoping for new support hours. Their day ends at 10-11am EST. and leaves the rest of the USA w/o direct support for the next 14 hrs. There is always at least a 1 day wait for a response and that's not what I consider a fast response turnaround.

That is one positive of X, they have 24/7 staffed helpdesk. they may not have all the answers, but at least getting a response back in less than 14 hrs is a nice feeling.

I totally agree, I often am left sitting here looking at the code, wondering why I should have to wait for answers... if anything, they should lengthen the technical support to alot for the 14 hours were losing here in the US... Say 45 days rather than 30, this would offset the loss a day's wait for us here in the US.

Nice Cart though!!! let's just work on the timing thing.. :P

• Zyles
  • Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:11 AM #63

Well it's not really even 30 days because they do not work on weekends.
Marketing tip:

Did you know a targeted e-mail marketing campaign can bring conversion rates up to 3.9%? By using reliable e-mail marketing software you can upsell to existing customers on a tight budget. If you are not using e-mail marketing you are missing out big time. I recommend and use Aweber.

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:11 AM #64

Point based system is what I would prefer.
Another reason

Well it's not really even 30 days because they do not work on weekends.

It's usually better if you branch out from the organization to include members/developers whether paid or otherwise. The Timezone difference isn't something that would look feasible for cs-cart to employ more support staff at this time. Especially given the high-level of education required it would make the cart more expensive to cover wages

Example:
You wouldn't go straight to your vehicle dealership to get your car's muffler looked at, you'ld go to the mechanic then work your way up if you couldn't find answers elsewhere
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• jgaris
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:46 PM #65

I really have the need to add custom forms during checkout. My customers are requesting to have fields like: "How did you hear about us?" "Delivery Date (for flower shops, etc." and "Upload your image/files"

So, instead of hardcoding them it would be great to have something like a formbuilder for checkout. Where the information would be stored with the order details.

The registration section already has this, and it would be great to have the exact same functionality for checkout (but add 'File' field type).

• Alfie
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:52 AM #66

The price for this cart is phenomenal.

I demoed some solutions before I found this one costing over £20,000 and they had far less functionality and were no where near as user friendly.

To be honest, at the price I initially didn't expect much from this cart but I was very, very suprised and the more I use it the more I realise that it is one of the best bargains on the net.

The custom development work from CS is also unbelievably good value for money.

sorry to but into an already flowing thread, but just wanted to say that i know a chap who i used to work with that just created a shopping cart from scratch for a client, with no back end and charged £3000 for it.

I have recommended cs cart to peaple and mentioned that it is the best cscart s/w out there for the ease of use, setup and cost.

Anyway as for mods....

a function to auto turn off all cart options, this would effectively create an online catalog to showcase all your products with picture, price description etc etc but not allowing purchasing from this site. (i.e in the case of a dealer vs retailer). This will eliminate the need for me to edit all these bits out if and when i upgrade!!!

Alfie

Alfie

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:36 AM #67

Hello Alfie, did you know fairly simply you can add a few {if} statements sprinkled throughout the cart that would basically turn the cart into a catalog only viewable for your regular customers but when a dealer logged into the cart they would be able to browse as normal and purchase products ect...
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• Alfie
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:27 AM #68

hmm interesting, never even thought about that but i can see how it could work, i just commented all those bits out..

Cheers for the heads up!

still would be nice out thebox :P

Alfie

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:23 PM #69

without too much work we could add in the admin panel a way to turn on/off this so called browse catalog mode for customers...
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• mdekok3000
  • Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:35 PM #70

1. Show Recent News in content box on store home page in the middle section with the welcome content. - Made one myself
2. Unlimited quantities for downloadable products.

• muharram
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:40 PM #71

For real time shipping, be able to select (heavy) products that are shipped in seperate boxes, by truck, etc.

I'm really surprised that this is not a feature available right out of the box yet.

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:54 AM #72

Muharram

This feature isn't available out of the box yet, but Topcoderpro has this mod available on his website. The link is:

http://www.topcoderpro.com

I was the one to have this mod initially designed and I have it working on both 1.3.4 sp3 and 1.3.5 sp2. The mod will do exactly what you are requesting.

Brandon

• mdekok3000
  • Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:18 PM #73

I also think that product bundling should be a part of the promotions feature. It would make a great way to improve stickiness (or ability to keep customers/visitors) of a store. Basically create a product bundle option and be able to add products to it. Then set a price for the bundle and after customer completes checkout, they receive all the products in the bundle.
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]

• mdekok3000
  • Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:28 PM #74

Another may be a place to put security seals on the front-end. (ex. Verisign) And a place in the admin to add them and upload the seal images.
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:57 PM #75

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here are my 2 cents worth:

- Canada Post shipping module
With 30 million people to serve and CanadaPost being Canada's default choice for shipping stuff, I would have thought that cs-cart would have done this one already:confused: I am willing to pay part of the development costs for this module, and just wondering if there are any others willing to split the cost?

- Nova payment module for Canada (Canada's cheapest merchant account provider / and probably the best).
Same again on this module, I am willing to pay part of the costs on this module if someone else is interested in splitting the development cost?

PS: I read a post somewhere that the mod club had been abandoned. Ive only just started, but I thought it was a great concept, and Im sad that its stopped. I can understand why if people are not forthcoming in supporting costs of development.... Love doesnt pay the bills :(

• truem
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:55 PM #76

I would also like this feature

I really have the need to add custom forms during checkout. My customers are requesting to have fields like: "How did you hear about us?" "Delivery Date (for flower shops, etc." and "Upload your image/files"

So, instead of hardcoding them it would be great to have something like a formbuilder for checkout. Where the information would be stored with the order details.

The registration section already has this, and it would be great to have the exact same functionality for checkout (but add 'File' field type).

1.3.5 sp1

• mdekok3000
  • Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:16 PM #77

As for my "unlimited quantities for downloadable products", I realize that this can be done by simply checking if it's downloadable. If it is then do not subtract from quantity field.
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 04:46 AM #78

Another may be a place to put security seals on the front-end. (ex. Verisign) And a place in the admin to add them and upload the seal images.

You can use the Manage ads feature in Admin to add and set the display of your seal images.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• mdekok3000
  • Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:52 AM #79

Well, not anymore, as you can see in my mods, I made a banner rotator. That's where that would be and it wouldn't always show the seals. But, you're right otherwise.
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]

• JSKY
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:47 AM #80

Originally Posted by Luthien
I'd like Admin///Currencies to be linked to live currency rates. I don't have time to update them regularly and it would be much more professional to display live rate.

I couldn't agree more with this, I can view current market rates via websites however there isn't a simple way to integrate that I can think of.
Cheers for bring that one up.

I bought mod which works great for me. It updates maybe twice a day, but it`s enough for me. I think we don`t want clients to buy something, then client`s friend would like to purchase the same thing 3min later, but there would be surprise in price different.

Check3rd Parties Reviews here and you will find out more.:D
CSC v1.3.5 SP3
Firefox 3.6
Vista Ultimate JP/EN