2007 Most Wanted Mods/Features

[quote name=‘Zyles’]What is wrong with using a complete system like PhpAdsNew? In my opinion CS-Cart team should focus on the shopping cart aspect more and improve it when there are already free open source systems for other things. Everything does not need to be integrated into the core. It will just make the whole cart bloated.[/quote]

You have an advantage that I don’t. I don’t know how to insert something like what you’re talking about, and I have to be very careful about tinkering with the code because I wouldn’t know where to start if an upgrade wipes out all the custom stuff. It’s not a big deal for you, but it takes my company off line if there’s a problem.

I don’t like bloating the cart either, so it’s hard for me to decide what’s the best thing to do.

There was a whole thread recently about Smarty templates being the root of most of the speed issues with the cart. There were also a couple of people who were re-coding the cart to XML, and that should have taken care of the speed issues. It’s all over my head.

Cheers,

Mike

Three things on my list…

1. Custom SEO URLs (already in dev)
  2. QuickBooks Export
  3. a “Make sure you get everything you need” splash page

That’s about it for me now.

Give away: I would be nice to have the give away feature include, give away will be base on items count, total cost

Pre-order option: Allow buy to pre-order

Price alert/Instock notify: [url]http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Myaccount/PriceAlert.asp?Item=N82E16817186205[/url]

Free Product base on coupon: After buyer apply the coupon, if the coupon was define with free stuffs and the condition are met, then a pop up or something will appear to let the customer know and let they select the free item, also include “no thanks!” just in case the buyer doesn’t need it.

Thanks for bringing this one up, I guess free rags to go with Autoparts can benefit many :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hello All!

I have just purchased CS-Cart License, and I would like to vote for these mods:

This one is very important for me:

** Export/Import Data ** (ability to define and export/import ALL data variables, customers, orders, statistics, products ect…)

and then also these other:

Price Match (price match mod where as customer can enter data of another customer’s product for us to compare and price match…)

Destination dependency (ability to add surcharges to selcted states, countries ex: add $1 for shipments to CA or $2 to TX ect…)

Block Manager (Ability to create left, right, middle sideblocks/mainblocks with the ability to assign products, pages and articles to any block and be able to choose which pages to show blocks on and use smarty code in the blocks)

Many thanks!

Best Regards,

Francesco

[quote name=‘Palmtop’]** Export/Import Data ** (ability to define and export/import ALL data variables, customers, orders, statistics, products ect…)[/QUOTE]

You can pretty much do this in an sql manager such as phpMyAdmin or Navicat.

[quote name=‘Zyles’]Everything does not need to be integrated into the core. It will just make the whole cart bloated.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%

There are many options posted here that would be great improvements but some would be much better if offered as ‘optional mod installs’ instead of integrated into the cart package…

Items such as these below will add many conditionals to the code and slow page loading while they are being analyzed whether the modules are active or not. Those not using these addons would be suffering performance hits unnecessarily because, the conditionals must still be processed to see IF the module is active or not.

Price Inquiry

Returns Manager (RMA)

Special Offers

Price Matching

Shipping quote

gift certificates

Uploading abilities

banner ad rotator

Don’t get me wrong, I would definitely use some of these but not all of them and I think that true for the majority of us here.

Definately a banner ad rotator,

Definately a Poll mod,

“Partners” templates to match the main store,

and a nice helpdesk would be great.

Overall CS is the best cart on the market right now and its price reflects that but upping the price with a new release isnt good and should be nipped in the bud now :wink:

[QUOTE]Overall CS is the best cart on the market right now[/QUOTE]

The price for this cart is phenomenal.

I demoed some solutions before I found this one costing over £20,000 and they had far less functionality and were no where near as user friendly.

To be honest, at the price I initially didn’t expect much from this cart but I was very, very suprised and the more I use it the more I realise that it is one of the best bargains on the net.

The custom development work from CS is also unbelievably good value for money.

[quote name=‘Zyles’]You can pretty much do this in an sql manager such as phpMyAdmin or Navicat.[/QUOTE]

Hello Zyles,

I would like to do that…but I think that it’s not so confortable as using an integrated tool inside CS-Cart…

For example, I have a CSV file with two colums:

product_code

price

How can I import it into CS-Cart database, using Navicat, to update prices?

I don’t know if this is possible due to separation into two tables bitween “product_code” and associated “price”.

In fact in CS-Cart’s 'cs_cart_produuct_price" table there isn’t also a “product_code” field… So I don’t know how to match these fields each other…do you know if is there a tip to do it, please?

Thanks,

Best Regards

[quote name=‘granthams’]The price for this cart is phenomenal.

I demoed some solutions before I found this one costing over £20,000 and they had far less functionality and were no where near as user friendly.

To be honest, at the price I initially didn’t expect much from this cart but I was very, very suprised and the more I use it the more I realise that it is one of the best bargains on the net.

The custom development work from CS is also unbelievably good value for money.[/quote] Shhhhhhhhhhhh. We’re keeping the low price a secret from the developers! No telling what the price would shoot up to if they found out how great their cart is. :cool:

Mike

Oh I get it.

Ok my previous post should read.

“The cart is very expensive and it can be a nightmare to work with.”

Better? :wink:

[quote name=‘granthams’]Oh I get it.

Ok my previous post should read.

“The cart is very expensive and it can be a nightmare to work with.”

Better? ;)[/quote]

LMFAO!!!:twisted:

Hey Sno/Gang,

I would like to see the following in the next release:

Hidden Products - Currently our choices are Available and Unavailable. I would like to see an option to make the product hidden, so we can do testing (for multiple options) before we make it available, or to provide a customer with the link for special products that are not public.

Per Order Surcharge - Currently we have the option of adding an additional shipping and handling fee per product. I would like the ability to add a shipping surcharge per order. The fee would automatically be added to the real-time shipping quotes.

Example: USPS Priority Mail displays as $4.05. If the order surcharge is $1.00, then USPS Priority Mail will display as $5.05

Best Offer Mod - This would work similar to the Best Offer mod on "Flea"Bay. You are selling a product for $10.00. Customer clicks on Best Offer link and submits a form to the seller. Seller can either accept offer (which will automatically create a coupon), counter-offer or do nothing and the offer will expire after a set amount of time.

Disney-

You may be able to do a Per Order Surcharge by setting a value for the Product Cost dependencies in the Shipping Charges. Just assign a value to anything with a product cost over $0.

We would also like to have the Hidden option for products. X-Cart has the option “Hidden, but available” which works nicely for items not generally available to the public.

Bob

[quote name=‘Brandito’]2. QuickBooks Export[/QUOTE]

This already exists, you have to enable the QuickBooks module. I tested it briefly when 1.3.4 first came out and it seemed to work. I haven’t messed w/ it w/ SP2 yet.

[quote name='snorocket'][b]post what you would like to see in the next version even if it is specific to your site others may want similar functionality...[/b][/QUOTE]

Though a few scoffed at the idea and others supported it when discussed months ago, and though CS-C stated it may be dropped in future versions ... I want [B]full html site generation[/B] based on the existing html catalog script (i.e. include CMS pages, and ensure the navigation and search results ONLY point to the static pages, and not the duplicate dynamic pages).

Tons of reasons I won't rehash here, but I won't launch till I get that worked out. Don't expect consensus, but I'm not alone in wanting this.

[quote name=‘arlen’]I won’t launch till I get that worked out.[/QUOTE]

I’d like this feature as well but I would wait around for this to launch your site

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I’d like this feature as well but I would wait around for this to launch your site[/QUOTE]

I figure you meant wouldn’t Sno … my site is already active using another cart system. If there isn’t enough commitment from CS-C to make this happen I’ll hire a programmer to do it for me. I only want to go through the whole 301 redirect thing once, but hope to re-launch in August after my busy season and well before Christmas.

I have another site I’d like to launch once I get the templates for my first worked out, and I may just go ahead and do that w/ the dynamic cart. But for my current site, I want to stick w/ html for lots of reasons.

Backorder at the product level:

I occasionally will run into the need to fill a partial order and place an individual item on backorder status, and I know from my own online shopping others have to do this on occasion as well. This post from April of 06 describes the need and solution very well :

[url]http://vb.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=151&page=2&highlight=backorder[/url]

[quote name=‘MarkWhoo’]

Back order capabilities on products. In case inventory numbers are off and online inventory is not reflecting warehouse numbers, the picker once at shelf to pack goods must be able to backorder product, show it on invoice as to be deleivered in seporate shipment, so sale can continue to be fulfilled and store owner keep the cash!

I see this myself once in a while and it created a hassle to email customer, tell them what is up, get permission to ship later, etc. this way the order is fulfilled, notification will be via invoice and online invoice display and once item is in stock, it is picked up via admin that there is already one item paid for and requitred to complete a prior order. this will allow the past order to be fulfilled prior to any secondary order being placed and fulfiled propr to admin seeing anything.

1. order is back ordered.
  2. system monitors enventory arrival and quantity updates
  3. quanteties are changed when stock arrives.
  4. order is flagged for backorder product to be shipped
  5. admin or fulfilment notified of restocked product
  6. new invoice created for backordered prduct with destination info customer info etc.
  7. order picked, packed and shipped.
  8. order updated to reflect order now completed in total.[/QUOTE]

Three things on my list…

1. Import - Export : multilanguage, update by sku,…
  2. Quote system : admin can create a quote and submit to customer account and after customer validate the order.Customer can save a quote and give him a number, to submit the order later.
  3. Quick order : customer can place order by sku and qty in an unique page

That’s the wish for me now.