• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2007 Most Wanted Mods/Features Rate Topic   - - - - -

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:31 PM #41

I like the quote system idea, we'll have to look into custom modding this one...
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:44 AM #42

A Friggin Helpdesk

• perfume
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:05 AM #43

We would love to see:

- Gift Certificates
- Selection box in the checkout for customer to choose a FREE giveaway for placing a order.
- Loyalty system! :rolleyes:

• arlen
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:01 PM #44

Hey perfume, care to describe what you see as an ideal "loyalty system"? I haven't liked those I've run across before, but I imagine there is more to the concept that I understand.

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:41 PM #45

I beleive a loyalty system is the same thing as a reward points system, which by the way has been tumbling around in the rumor mill...

• arlen
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:50 PM #46

Gotcha ... rewards systems make sense. Most 'loyalty' programs I've seen have been foisted on merchants by cart providers ... loyalty to whom I would ask? That's why I asked. A bonus system for loyal customers, either points, or thresholds where a gift would be given would be very valuable.

Love that rumor mill

• perfume
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:43 PM #47

All sounds good! Rewards points or a percentage off the price in tiers would be good. The more loyal, the more of the discount you get.

;-) Snorocket when is your "Super Cool Killer Mods store" launching? Sounds great!

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:07 AM #48

I vote for a rewards point system as well. Also, what about a percent off for bundled products? You would be able to bundle "related" products and give the user a discount if they bought them as a pair, etc.

• taydu
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:03 AM #49

free gift when buying certain product, or reaching certain amount when checkout

• MADT
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:43 AM #50

Shipping labels button to print sticky lables with data caputered from a customers shipping details.

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:14 PM #51

YTD Donations: $575, from:
Dynamic Tabs mod paid -$300 Inv.#463, ETA: 4/16/07+bug testing
$275 balance for the Next Mod...

Hey Snorocket, you took Frozen Tundra $25 off of your signature list! Was my money too frozen for you? just kidding...:rolleyes:

Are there any commonly used mods being used that should be included in the base line code? Being a rookie...I keep running into cool mods on this forum while surfing around. Maybe there are a couple that were forgotten?

It looks like the momentum on new mod ideas are slowing down. Maybe we should summerize the most popular mods and maybe take a poll on which of the next mods should be implemented next (Top 2 or 3 mods)? Voting rights should be restricted to member who made a donation. This would hopefully attract more donations from new members or from members that really want that mod implemented. Plus it would give us a chance to focus on defining the mod development requirements before sending in for a quote.
CS-Cart 1.3.4-sp3

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:21 PM #52

well we're having a hard time making the difference between modules and modifications, a module would be making a Glossary Manager like http://www.cart-lab....ation-p-43.html or a Price Match module like http://www.cart-lab....atch-p-120.html, a modification would be the print shipping labels button which I did for v1.3.2 and never got it working in v1.3.4, someone who has the time can get this working for us ect...on a side note it would be nice to have a printable catalog mod. If we got a little more participation in the module and donation areas we could literally have 3 or 4, possibly even more modules being coded and delivered at the same time...I'm very happy with the response but most people like to sit back and wait in hopes of eventually getting something for free at someone else's expense despite the fact it's only $25, most likely the ones with floundering stores that could care less. I along with others however depend on our stores to provide for our families and if it takes a $25, $100+ donation to get a mod done that will help provide then I'm in, so if others are serious let's get the show on the road folks...

• leaddogsigns
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:36 PM #53

If it hasnt been said already, more control over csv import/export fields.
Apologies if this is echoing someone else.;)

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:19 AM #54

Luthien has the best upgrades based on helping a client MARKET his site online.

Most of the other features you guys want are with coding.

When I sell my services, I base them on how I can use my RESOURCES to best serve my client.

A three man brick and mortar store needs a ringtone when someone is calling on the live help option. They can't be expected to be standing right there 24 hrs a day. Borrow Southwest Airlines ding feature!

$85 to add a product options columns to the csv. I can't be the first to request this! How many of the options you guys are looking for have already been created by the cs cart mod people for individual sites?

With that in mind, this truly is a WISH list.

Mickey
(goofy was framed!)

• lastninja
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:17 PM #55

my wish list:

1. dynamic tabs :)

2. in store page; menu for showing currencies for $ and €, in admin page; automatic calculator for currency exchange rate.

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:20 PM #56

my wish list: 1. dynamic tabs :)

CS won't be adding dynamic tabs to the core cart as we already have the mod done, Dynamic Tabs v1.1 is coming out in the next day with bug fixes and feature improvements and v2.0 will be out when CS 1.3.5 is out...

http://vb.cs-cart.co...p?t=1551&page=8

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:12 PM #57

CS won't be adding dynamic tabs to the core cart as we already have the mod done, Dynamic Tabs v1.1 is coming out in the next day with bug fixes and feature improvements and v2.0 will be out when CS 1.3.5 is out...

http://vb.cs-cart.co...p?t=1551&page=8

Well that sucks big time. That was the main specification when I first asked for a quote.

I will admit that the mod wasn't hard to install, and it's pretty easy to use, but it will all be for naught if someone doesn't keep up with upgrading it with each subsequent version of CS-C. Even though I contributed a few bucks toward development, I was always working from the premise that the mod would be incorporated into the core of CS-C. I'm fine with it being included for free.

• zardos
  • Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:56 PM #58

The dynamic tabs should not be a problem with subsequent version of CS-Cart, at the most there are ony three files that code needs adding to and an SQL update.

My first impression of the dynamic mod was poor, but i have now got to say that once you start using it, you can then see the power this mod has, especially when you juggle it around with the free tabs mod.

!!Excellent!!

http://www.megapcs4u...duct_id=1553#15

• nwsco
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:09 PM #59

Jesse,
....... - back in stock notifications is next.

any news on the "in stock notification"?
i'm interested.

• argentice
  • Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:15 PM #60

Most import things I'd like are Gift certificate. Before Xmas Please!!! :)

Download catalog as PDF.
Rob