• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any interest in MailChimp integration Rate Topic   - - - - -

• stealthology
  • Trial users
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:01 AM #81

What happens if a customer changes their e-mail address in CS-Cart? Will it auto-sync with MailChimp?

Thanks,
Dan

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11934 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:19 AM #82

Since customers in mailchimp are indexed by email address, there is no way for mailchimp to know know to drop address A and add address B. The old address will drop automatically when any mail comes back as undeliverable for that address.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2367 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:00 AM #83

I think what he meant is:

when a customer who is subscribed to your mailinglist changes his email address in cs-cart. Will the plugin update the mailchimp list?

(he might expect to receive the shops mailing in his new mailbox from now on, after the change).

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11934 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:15 AM #84

No, it is not updated in mailchimp.... Maybe in a future version...

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• GoBros
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:45 PM #85

The vast majority of this addon is related to order activity and categories or purchase along with the products purchased. So an active site would be needed for testing.

The resuling product will be good for any size merchant (or age in history), but for beta testing, I really need someone who can put it through it's paces and ensure it is stable and reliable.

Any progress on this project. I'd be willing to pay and beta.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11934 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:13 PM #86

Um... The mailchimp addon has been done for nearly a year. What aspect are you referring to?

• speedy
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:24 AM #87

There was talk in this thread about ActiveCampaign for Email Marketing.

Is there a module to integrate AC with CS Cart?

Cheers,
Speedy

• ogia
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:13 PM #88

Will this be compatible with CS Cart 3, and if not, is it in the works?
CS-Cart 2.1.3 | Selling downloads
I recommend Newsletter Integration with Mailchimp

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11934 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:12 AM #89

Hi Amanda,
I'm not planning to do anything with V3 until I see it as stable. The recent revelation that they left out suppliers because it offered technical challenges leads me to believe that I don't want to waste my time on an ever-changing, let-the-customer-test-it release stream. I will test/qualify my most popular addons when V3 is stable. Others, I will proably let die on the vine since it would not be profitable for me to invest further in them.

That being said, I'm not aware of any issues in 3.x that woud impact mailchimp unless they have dropped the 'place_order' hook. All the back-end parts should contiinue to work.

I will address issues in V3 as they are reported to me at http://support.ez-ms.com.

Very fiew of my addons anymore have much of a customer side to them. Most are back-end and I believe that is pretty stable with V3.

But note, these are for Pro ONLY. I have no ability to test in a multi-store environment and do not know how the addons behave that are on the storefronts versus the controlling site. I also have not worked out licensing issues for Ultimate either.

• JackConnick
  • Trial users
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:13 PM #90

Any update to this? Is your add-on compatible with v3.01 Pro?

Jack

• Pascal
  • Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:06 PM #91

Will be glad to hear when it'll be comptaible with v3.xx

Regards,

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2367 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:08 PM #92

As he explained, it should work but has not been tested. If it turns out you have problems, he will fix them.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• Pascal
  • Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:05 AM #93

Woops... must be tired... you're right flow... I should have read twice ;)

• jhagg
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:10 PM #94

Tony,

My site is currently being upgraded to V3.02, I am a purchaser of your mailchimp add-on as well as many others. Is it possible you could re-tool the "Subscribe" block to work with the new V3 interface within the bottom grid?. (like below)

Would like it to look exactly the same as the stock one but use the functionality of your add-on instead.

Please let us know, thanks.

Attached Files

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11934 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:47 PM #95

DO NOT USE THE V2 VERSION of mailchimp on V3.

A V3 version is in testing as we speak. When it is verified, I will make it available for free to existing mailchimp license holders. I'll send an email out when it's ready with a link to where you can download it from.

For non V2 license holders, V3 will have a surcharge of $10 for the additional porting and testing investment.

V3 version will now also send the language code of the user with all LIST subscriptions and SEGMENT information so you can determine what language your user's prefer their communication in. The location of the Mailchimp Integration menu item has also been moved from the (V2.0 location) Users menu to the Customers menu.

The full changelog for mailchimp can be found here: http://ezupgrade.ez-.../mailchimp.html

V3 version should be available within a couple of days.

• jhagg
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:39 PM #96

Thanks for the heads up Tony that you are working on an update. I appreciate you have continued support for the add-on.

Do you think you will be able to provide some code that allows us to use the stock look of bottom box to collect emails to your addon like I posted above?

Thanks

• bytesparks
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:01 AM #97

Thanks for the heads up Tony that you are working on an update. I appreciate you have continued support for the add-on.

Do you think you will be able to provide some code that allows us to use the stock look of bottom box to collect emails to your addon like I posted above?

Thanks

I'm also after an answer regarding this.

• bytesparks
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:18 AM #98

Thanks

In V2 the standard newsletter subscribe box interfaced with mailchimp. Is it by design that the same functionality doesn't exist in V3?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11934 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:40 AM #99

The mailchimp subscriber block is a completely different block than the news_and_emails subscriber block. It was just styled the same in V2 as the news_and_email subscribe block in V2.
For mailchimp addon to have the same visual as the V3 news_and_email subscriber block would take a bit of work. I'm not sure when I can get to this due to other pressing issues.

I can give you pointers on how you might make the change yourself below.

If you wanted to do it yourself, the current mailchimp subscribe block template is located at:
skins/basic/customer/addons/mailchimp/blocks/static_templates/mailchimp_subscribe.tpl

I would suggest copying this file to a new name and then modifying the copy to suit your needs. Note that css file for mailchimp is available at:
skins/basic/customer/addons/mailchimp/css/mailchimp.css
Any styling change or new properties should go into that file.

After modifying the copy of the mailchimp_subscribe.tpl file, you will need to update the schema that will make it available by modifying:
addons/mailchimp/schemas/block_manager/blocks.post.php
Simply change the pathname in that file to use the path to the new file you created when copying the original mailchimp_subscribe.tpl file. The new block will then be selectable via the block manager.

I will try to create a new V3 block that has layout and style that will fit into V3 to replace the news_and_emails subscribe block and generate a new version (the block will have a different name so as to not cause conflict(s)). However, I can't commit to when I can get this done, tested and released.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11934 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:29 AM #100

I just released a new version of mailchimp that has a new block in it called "Mailchimp Subscribe (V3 style)".
You can use the V3 block manager to create a new block named "Mailchimp Subscribe" and then simply select "Mailchimp Subscribe (V3 style)" as the block to use, then replace the standard news_and_email subscribe block with this one.

It allows you to have multiple lists as well as to collect multiple fields beyond the email address if you choose.

Your mailchimp V3 version should be updated to version 3.0.21. You can check your version by:
<your domain.com>?dispatch=mailchimp.version

If you're impatient and want to force an upgrade to this newest V3 version use:
<your domain admin.php>?dispatch=mailchimp.upgrade.force

The new subscribe block should be a drop-in replacement.