• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 2.1.0 Release Candidate 1 Rate Topic   - - - - -

• phazei
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:21 PM #121

?!!!!
They said error 2028 Working As Designed? WTF?! Bullshit!

That's the whole point of this 2.1 release, to not have useless orders on the order screen that weren't paid for! Before it was status 'Error', now simply changing it to status 'Canceled' is fixing what exactly?!

So on paypal express, if a customer goes back to the cart after going to paypal, perhaps because they forgot something or what not, it's a 'canceled' order all of a sudden? If it hasn't been paid for, it's incomplete, they're still at checkout! I've been waiting for this release to fix this horrible paypal express problem, and now they're basically telling me to f*¢k off?!?!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm royally pissed.
UnicaCool.com - Instant Cool for your home
UnicaWorld.com - Our new blog

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:02 PM #122

So on paypal express, if a customer goes back to the cart after going to paypal, perhaps because they forgot something or what not, it's a 'canceled' order all of a sudden?

I agree with you Phazei, obviously there should not be an order of any type recorded, failed, cancelled or otherwise as the order was simply abandoned by the customer! Customers can abandon their orders frequently for many different reasons, thus an actual order should not be recorded in the system (unless it was somehow categorized seperately as an "Abandoned Order" for example!

and now they're basically telling me to fuck off?!?!

However, I am sure this is not the case, I believe it is more of a lack of understanding or cultural communications misunderstanding. Nevertheless, we need to continue working to move (or mold) CS-Cart in the right direction!
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• whiplash13
  • PM Extraordinaire
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:42 PM #123

Yes I agree with Struck on this one, it is less confusion for the customer.

I agree as well, I think this is a good approach.
John
CS Cart 4.2.4

• sellon
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:16 AM #124

However, I am sure this is not the case, I believe it is more of a lack of understanding or cultural communications misunderstanding. Nevertheless, we need to continue working to move (or mold) CS-Cart in the right direction!

Totally agree Struck,
We gotta continue getting the message across to get a fix and move in the right direction?

So, the question is:
-How do we get this message across to CS-Cart? and;
- Has the message got across as yet or do we need to voice this through another understandable communications channel ? (while Jobosales is away..!!)

-Have they read this thread?
- Is there another post we have to communicate this via - is this on the bug report?

Can someone from CS-Cart please respond to this OFFICIALLY..?

Ok: I see this is on the bugtracker...!

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:32 AM #125

So, the question is:
- Has the message got across as yet or do we need to voice this through another understandable communications channel ?

Sellon, I believe this is the best place to voice our concerns regarding 2.1, Imac & most likely others from CS-Cart have been reading & making replies. I have also noticed a few quick changes made to the beta after we have made suggestions, so they are taking note & making some changes along the way! ;)

A good example was to leave the shipping estimation fields expanded by default rather than hiding this behind an easy to overlook link, this was just implemented.

• MINISTAR4U
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:51 AM #126

On Jul 12, I reported "Option combinations" bug for CS-cart 2.0.14 & CS-cart 2.0.15 under PHP 5.2.13 to tech. support. It was almost 4 weeks past!!! I still didn't get the final fix pack for it, because tech. support told me it entails errors in the PHP system and required to change most part of the code and ask us downgrade to php 5.1.x...lol

Now Php stable versions have changed to 5.2.14 & 5.3.3 after 4 months. I Like to know:
1. Can CS-Cart 2.1.0 fix this "Option combinations" bug for php 5.2.13 and up?
2. When will CS-cart 2.1.x be ready for 5.3.x?
CS-Cart v2.0.15 / 2.2.5/ 3.0.3

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:05 AM #127

I agree with you Phazei, obviously there should not be an order of any type recorded, failed, cancelled or otherwise as the order was simply abandoned by the customer! Customers can abandon their orders frequently for many different reasons, thus an actual order should not be recorded in the system (unless it was somehow categorized seperately as an "Abandoned Order" for example!

Ok, that sounds right, we will set such orders to incomplete status.
But once again, guys, such things will really take effect if they are discussed before the release.
The main sources are: Roadmap and Ideas forum.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:06 AM #128

Totally agree Struck,
We gotta continue getting the message across to get a fix and move in the right direction?

So, the question is:
- Has the message got across as yet or do we need to voice this through another understandable communications channel ? (while Jobosales is away..!!)

-Have they read this thread?
- Is there another post we have to communicate this via - is this on the bug report?

Can someone from CS-Cart please respond to this OFFICIALLY..?

Ok: I see this is on the bugtracker...!

Dear Sellon,

We do read this thread, but, unfortunately, we do not see what we expect to see. Actually, this news should contain posts about bugs, not the features that all of you would like to see in the already finished version.
The release is ready, and making changes to it could lead to major bugs, which was explained earlier http://forum.cs-cart...65&postcount=62.

The official respond concerning how to inform us about the features you want to be implemented:
1. Ideas forum - this is the main source of features/changes that will be integrated in the nearest future.
2. Roadmap thread on forum, here we will discuss the selected features, where you can express all your wishes regarding it.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:13 AM #129

Imac,

One idea for consideration would be to completely hide the right side " Shipping Address Fields" block if the "Use My Billing Address" is checked. If it is not checked, then the fields would be visable. Perhaps some other users can comment on this. ;)

Thank you for the feedback, but, unfortunately, we are unable to change it in v2.1.0. I have posted this as a feature request, and we will analyze it at the first opportunity.

• derbytown502
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:55 AM #130

So what's the difference between fixing the known problems now, rather than waiting until the next release? You will possibly cause "bugs" then too. If it wouldn't be such a pain in the ass to upgrade our template, then it wouldn't be a big deal. However, when it costs me $1,000 USD to upgrade my template every time "known bugs" are fixed, then it does become a huge problem.

Sometimes I think this is just a scheme by you guys to use your over inflated design & development services that are way over priced.

The way we do it here is....do things correctly the first time! Starting to waste my time and interest in CS-Cart.

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:19 AM #131

What I see is scope creep in many of these issues and user requirements are not always clear. Other than real bugs, many complaints I see are what individuals want to see. They want the software to be designed as they want it to be.
I can understand what Imac is saying. When I was involved with software deployed to many countries, the users were constantly changing the requirements, right before launch , long after the requirements were writeen. Each group wanted what they wanted and not necessarily the same as the other groups. At some point in time, the project manager had to say, no more changes or the system would never be validated. Of course, code errors, incorrect calculations, were fixed.

Bob

• S-Combs
  • Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:33 AM #132

I honestly think many of the upgrade issues can be resolved and reduced by implementing a dedicated beta testing program prior to considering any release candidates.

The testers should be comprised of the more experienced users here who would be interested in helping to create a more rock solid RC1 release that will require less patches/fixes before going Golden.

It would only require about 10 dedicated testers and a little organization. A couple private forums for the beta team and staff to communicate would be all that is needed.

The only problems I have ever had with CS-Cart is that, releases are pushed out too quickly and site upgrades are too hard for most clients so, this additional testing by those of us who use the cart and understand how it 'should' function would greatly improve the stability of final releases.

my 2 ¢
Secure Cart Hosting
[CS-Cart Optimized Solutions and Server Management]

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:43 AM #133

I honestly think many of the upgrade issues can be resolved and reduced by implementing a dedicated beta testing program prior to considering any release candidates.

The testers should be comprised of the more experienced users here who would be interested in helping to create a more rock solid RC1 release that will require less patches/fixes before going Golden.

It would only require about 10 dedicated testers and a little organization. A couple private forums for the beta team and staff to communicate would be all that is needed.

The only problems I have ever had with CS-Cart is that, releases are pushed out too quickly and site upgrades are too hard for most clients so, this additional testing by those of us who use the cart and understand how it 'should' function would greatly improve the stability of final releases.

my 2 ¢

QA forum was supposed to address your idea but as someone said well:

"..Taken along with the lack of dialog with the developers in this forum, I question their commitment to proper QA - it seems to receive very low priority and we, instead, are left to talk amongst ourselves. Who knows if they have even read any of the posts made here recently?..."

With that said there has been improvement in terms of developer communication - so there is hope.

It is true that there is some confusion about what is best but the biggest problem perhaps is a lack of attention to quality control - not a lack of new features.

Version 4.13.3

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:48 AM #134

I agree with S-Combs about the beta testing. It should be restricted to a relatively small group, but has to contain users from several countries. I also think that any mod-designers should be included so they can identify areas that may cause problems. They also need to know what new functionality was added and any other changes. There should be some kind of a script or checklist to make sure they are all tested. Possibly, some beta testers would focus on specific areas/functions.
Bob

• S-Combs
  • Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:10 PM #135

Possibly, some beta testers would focus on specific areas/functions.
Bob

A good recommendation and important.
Some users have much more experience with specific functions than others. I don't fully understand every important cart function but would be willing to test server compatibility issues on various platforms and common configs clients will be facing. I have seen numerous support ticket responses stating problems were caused by mod_security when in fact these were caused by Suhosin settings and had nothing to do with MS. JesseLee and I have been testing various Suhosin and Mod_Security settings over the last couple of weeks and these were directly responsible for many CS-Cart data entry issues but we now have them running flawlessly with CS and I do plan to further test and optimize them because they offer very important security and should never be disabled. They also greatly benefit client PCI scanning.
Secure Cart Hosting
[CS-Cart Optimized Solutions and Server Management]

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:16 PM #136

Just want to add that I think phazei is doing a good methodical check, especially on PayPal express issues. I don't use PayPal express so could never test it. I would think if phazei wanted to be a beta tester, then no one would even see some of those issues related to PayPal express and other checkout issues.
Bob

• zeke
  • Megamind
  • Administrators
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:48 PM #137

Hi all. RC5 is ready and can be downloaded here:

http://helpdesk.cs-c...ssional-rc5.tgz

• phazei
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:32 PM #138

Posted Image

They fixed all the paypal issues. When going back from paypal, now rather than:
"Order Placed: Transaction was canceled by the customer"
It says:
"Canceled: Transaction was canceled by the customer"
And the order status is still "Incomplete" as it should be.
:)

The "+" in email addresses is allowable again as well.
UnicaCool.com - Instant Cool for your home
UnicaWorld.com - Our new blog

• gasngrills
  • Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:18 PM #139

Posted Image

They fixed all the paypal issues. When going back from paypal, now rather than:
"Order Placed: Transaction was canceled by the customer"
It says:
"Canceled: Transaction was canceled by the customer"
And the order status is still "Incomplete" as it should be.
:)

The "+" in email addresses is allowable again as well.

Thank you Phazie for testing this out and pointing out the problems you found as it effects alot of us who use paypal and thank you CS-Cart team for listening and making the changes we really do appreciate your hard work. 2.1 is a major and much needed upgrade for all of us , and upgrading is not an easy task for those of us who have busy live stores so the less upgrading we have to do over short period of time is the better.

Joe

CS-Cart 4.11.5

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:28 PM #140

Imac,

Thank you for the feedback, but, unfortunately, we are unable to change it in v2.1.0. I have posted this as a feature request, and we will analyze it at the first opportunity.

I fully understand, thank you.