• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 2.1.0 Release Candidate 1 Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ywalker
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:27 PM #81

Can you add a discount code and PayPal to the beta site for testing purposes? Never mind, I guess I can do it from Admin.

Thank you.
Yvonne Walker
VPS - WiredTree Hosting
CS-Cart 2.0.15

• phazei
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:05 PM #82

Just a suggestion for the cart page:
$('.estimation-box').css({ 'height':'15px', 'padding':'2px 11px', 'overflow':'hidden','cursor':'pointer' }).click(function() {
	$(this).css({'cursor':'auto','overflow':'visible'}).animate({'height':'130', 'padding':'11px 11px'}).unbind('click');
})

UnicaCool.com - Instant Cool for your home
UnicaWorld.com - Our new blog

• phazei
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:52 PM #83

http://forum.cs-cart...ew&vbug_id=2029

I thought error messages were explicitly discussed in the what 2.1 needs thread.

It seems the message that pops up in the middle and stays is very generic simply mentioning there was an error.
More meaningful error messages still pop up in the top right corner.

There are two significant issues with that.
First, there are 2 error messages popping up in separate locations, this can be confusing, there is too much going on. Second, the more meaningful message in the top corner disappears. If someone is reading the middle message that doesn't go away first, the other will be gone before they get to it, and they won't know what to do next.

With that particular message, it would be nice if the shipping address section popped open, but that's not too important.

I've only tested with paypal. I'll see what it does with a CC soon. I hope it highlights the payment field like the CSV or CC field, you know, like nearly every other cart in existence.

EDIT:
Tiny issue with CC's
It doesn't check expiration date in JS like it does the CC. It should check to see if the month and year is earlier than the current one.

Otherwise the errors from the CC are shown in the static error box. I was using paypal pro sandbox to test it. I guess the other error msg issue is only with paypal express.

Also, when an error pops up, it's at the top of the screen, if the user is at the bottom, they won't see it. It's great that they can just fix the errors on the checkout page and they don't have to get a failed order like before. But having to click and load each of those sections over and over again to go back and forth when fixing errors is a pain. I see why people were complaining about the ajax now. The thing is, ajax itself isn't bad, it's just this implementation that is. Those other sections should pop up right away, they should be cached. Instead it takes 1-2 seconds to switch sections, which is more bothersome than I would have expected. I never noticed before since there was no need to go back and forth since you couldn't fix anything because of the error orders.

If the error is with payment, or address if it doesn't pop to the section, it should at least change the bar color to indicate which section the problem is even in. I realize that would require going through each processor and specifying which error message goes where. Huge PITA. But all the other carts do it that way. It's just an issue of not doing it right the first time.

• derbytown502
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:49 PM #84

Hope CS is listening as this is the exact type of feedback you have been asking for and that you should be implementing.

Stu

• phazei
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:02 PM #85

I saw this new option called "Invoice/Credit memo" in order statuses and got excited. I thought I'd be able to set if the status contributes to the total or gross total or not... but alas I was mistaken :( :(

What does that option do?

There is the new option to select if a gift certificate is marked as used or not... You can select if the inventory is increased or not. But you can't set if points were accumulated? Or if it contributes to the total or gross?

• sellon
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:07 AM #86

Zeke

It looks like not many people are happy to see 2.1 in its current stage. Please don't make it "the most unwelcome release of CS".

Thank you for listening.

Zeke,

So what has happened in the past week or 2. All seems to have gone quiet on the 2.1 front.

Are there things happening in the background which we are not aware of and all this feedback has been factored in I suppose. I sense there has been a bit of a user revolt from reading this thread..or I could be completely wrong.

An update would be nice to know if or not the final release is happening or delayed?

Thank you for the good work & for listening, and an update would be much appreciated.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:27 PM #87

Dear friends,

Thank you for all your feedback, we carefully have analyzed all of your requests and added all the possible one, that won't critically affect the time and stability of v2.1.0 release
You can download the release candidate here: cscart_v2.1.0-Professional-RC4.tgz
The release of v2.1.0 professional is planned for the next week.
Thanks for you care and understanding.

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:57 PM #88

Address display is still wrong:

Billing address: Tony Tony 1 Tony Dr Tonyville, Florida, United States

Also noticed, first time through, if you have Shipping address same as billing, the boxes stay grayed out but with no data in them.

if you go to step 3, and then click CHANGE step 2, the shipping address blocks are still grayed out but have data in them now. Why doesn't this info appear on Step 2 the first time around?
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• whiplash13
  • PM Extraordinaire
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:00 PM #89

Dear friends,

Thank you for all your feedback, we carefully have analyzed all of your requests and added all the possible one, that won't critically affect the time and stability of v2.1.0 release
You can download the release candidate here: cscart_v2.1.0-Professional-RC4.tgz
The release of v2.1.0 professional is planned for the next week.
Thanks for you care and understanding.

Why the rush to get 2.1.0 out next week? Why not factor in the major points that have been brought up in this thread now that your user base has had a chance to play with the functionality? I think the vast majority of your users would much rather you put off this release until September or October than release it only to have the functionality reworked again in 2.1.1. I think the "Do it once and do it right" method would be a much better approach given that you have several "key" users on the fence regarding their future with CS-Cart.
John
CS Cart 4.2.4

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:11 PM #90

Why the rush to get 2.1.0 out next week? Why not factor in the major points that have been brought up in this thread now that your user base has had a chance to play with the functionality? I think the vast majority of your users would much rather you put off this release until September or October than release it only to have the functionality reworked again in 2.1.1. I think the "Do it once and do it right" method would be a much better approach given that you have several "key" users on the fence regarding their future with CS-Cart.

Yes, yes and yes again.

Do not rush - yes, there are a few points with divided opinions you can use your judgment there.

But many more ideas are voiced by a strong majority.

The strongest suggestion from almost every user is to not rush and listen, and then fix the serious problems.

Why would you want to rush the update? have you received many requests that the forum does not know about to rush the update?

Version 4.13.3

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:20 PM #91

Imac, Zeke,

I notice that the "Shipping Calculator" fields in the cart are now expanded by default rather than hiding behind a clickable link, much better, thank you for considering & implementing this! ;)

Please do consider (as mentioned above) displaying the customer address in an easier to read, conventional address line layout as below:

ACME Widget Company
Johnathon Doe
123 Main Street
Jacksonville, FL 38905
USA

This is much easier to read when a customer is quickly looking over the address details they have entered to verify they have entered everything correctly.

Thanks!

PS: I still do not care for the "Grayed out box" concept, personally I would prefer for the address fields to completely disappear when a customer chooses to "Ship to billing address", I believe this would be less confusing than the grayed out boxes.
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:29 PM #92

Unless I am missing something (always possible) the attention line should be first not the company name

Page 11 in this link shows this in the standard post office format

http://pe.usps.com/c...pub28/pub28.pdf

Version 4.13.3

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:30 PM #93

Yes,
This should not be rushed, but after September, it is too late for me to use for this holiday season. The tax and discount calculations (calculated on subtotal) are what I have been waiting for, before using cs-cart. I would think very few people would want to upgrade right at the start of the holiday season.
Bob

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:31 PM #94

Unless I am missing something (always possible) the attention line should be first not the company name

Page 11 in this link shows this in the standard post office format

http://pe.usps.com/c...pub28/pub28.pdf

Not correct, please don't confuse the issue ;)

For all major carries whether US Postal Service, Fedex, or UPS, this is the official & proper address line layout:

ACME Widget Company
Johnathon Doe
123 Main Street
Jacksonville, FL 38905
USA

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:35 PM #95

Not correct, please don't confuse the issue ;)

Which is not correct the US post office or?

I think the attention line showing the name should come first - this is the modern standard in America although perhaps other countries are different so the cart should make it easy to adjust that type of thing so everyone is happy...

Version 4.13.3

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:42 PM #96

this is the modern standard in America

No, it is absolutely not the standard!

Print out a thermal label for US Postal & take a look, you will see my format is correct........ (Sorry, don't mean to sound offensive here, just a stickler for important details!) ;)

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:50 PM #97

No, it is absolutely not the standard!

Print out a thermal label for US Postal & take a look, you will see my format is correct........ (Sorry, don't mean to sound offensive here, just a stickler for important details!) ;)

No offense taken - but we will have to agree to disagree.

Take a look at my link which is from the US post office with their standards, which show the attention line as being first and let me know what you think.

I am not sure what you mean by printing a thermal label

Version 4.13.3

• pbannette
  • Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:53 PM #98

Struck,
I usually agree with you 100% of the time, but I agree with Traveler on the adressing of labels for USPS (UPS and Fedex may be different).
I just printed a thermal label from endicia and the standard Priority label is:
Persons Name
Job Title
Company
Address (multiple Lines)
Also, this is how the post office shows an example of how to address a label:
http://www.usps.com/...rectaddress.htm
This is also the entry order when creating an on-line label from USPS.

I don't think it matters that much. I import the address and then create a file for dazzle (endicia). I then map the fields. I can get the address in any order and then map it to what it is suppose to be.

Bob

• phazei
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:22 PM #99

(installed R4)

The main biggest issue I had with the cart was the really horrible, crap checkout that created those failed orders instead of asking the customer to simply fix the issues right there on the checkout page. That's been fixed, and I'm really happy about that because it nearly made the cart unusable.

There are some other issues here and there, but none nearly as bad as that old checkout failure. The most important issues now on checkout is proper placement of error messages, specifically with paypal. (bug1 bug2, both related, but addressing different points)

The other issues are a pain, but are more trivial (though they could affect customer retention/conversions).

Since they added those new options to the Order Statuses, it seems odd that they didn't also add the options to select if points were accumulated or not. If you can select if a gift certificate was used, why wouldn't you also want to select if points were accumulated? Same thing with total/gross. Since they added the other options, it seems like it would be trivial to add options for points/total/gross.

---------
I was also just playing with coupons and discounts. There seems to be an issue with how those are displayed.
It simply lists:
Subtotal: $xx
Shipping Cost: $xx
Gift Cert: $xx
Including Discount: $xx
Order Discount: $xx
Taxes: $xx

The biggest issue is it doesn't indicate on the $xx if it adds or subtracts to the total cost. I don't know about other countries, but it's common in the US for negative numbers, like the Gift Certs and Discounts to be put in parenthesis, aka ($xx). That would clear it up. There could also be some type of color coding, but that could be ambiguous. Usually red would be negative, green positive.

A smaller issue with the codes:
If a discount coupon code is entered, and you try to enter a second code, two pop-up msg come up:

Warning:
Single discount coupon is allowed only
Error:
There is no such discount coupon.
Please try again.

This is OK, but the second error pops up even if the second code was a valid coupon code. As far as the first Warning message, I've never tried multiple coupon codes and don't know if there is any setting to allow more than one or not, I didn't click 'stop other rules' or anything.

Also, Cart Promotions are listed under "Our congratulations! You've been given the following promotion" ( should be semi plural, aka 'the following promotion(s)' ) and shown totaled under "Order discount"
But Catalog Promotions aren't named anywhere, and are totaled under "Including discount". That terminology confuses me, what's an "including discount"? It doesn't show any discount already on the product.

This is how it showed it:

Our congratulations! You've been given the following promotion

* subtotal over 100 save 20
* bigmama code save 7

* Subtotal: $311.49
* Shipping cost: $28.00
* Gift certificate:
* GC-O1NM-YBPU-NQWA : $50.00
* Including discount: $8.50
* Order discount: $27.00
* Coupon "bigmama"
* Taxes:
* VAT (10% included): $30.87
* Total cost:$262.49

It should probably be like this:

Our congratulations! You've been given the following promotion
Cart Promotions:
* subtotal over 100 save 20
* bigmama code save 7
Catalog Promotions:
* save 2.50 from computer stuff
* product over 300, save 5

* Subtotal: $311.49
* Shipping cost: $28.00
* Gift certificate:
* GC-O1NM-YBPU-NQWA : ($50.00)
* Including discount: ($8.50)
* Order discount: ($27.00)
* Coupon "bigmama"
* Taxes:
* VAT (10% included): --$30.87--
* Total cost:$262.49

I put the "-- --" around those taxes because it's already included, so if you add and subtract the others, you get the total cost. If stuff is color coded, that would be grey.

Finally, I don't know if this is an issue with 2.1 or maybe something as designed, doesn't matter much, but, if you pick a catalog promotion "Categories in" and select say, Computers, it doesn't include subcategories, so you need to specifically select "Monitors" as well. Just ran across that on accident while testing.

EDIT:
As far as release date, to accommodate the holidays, end of August, beginning of September would be the latest I'd want to see it. But that gives a couple/few weeks more.
Error messages are slightly less trivial, but much more important. Seems most of the issues are display ones, which should be trivial, one could argue they are a choice of template design, though the base should be good enough. ( That zip code address placement is important, the company/name doesn't matter much )

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:42 PM #100

No offense taken - but we will have to agree to disagree.

Take a look at my link which is from the US post office with their standards, which show the attention line as being first and let me know what you think.

I am not sure what you mean by printing a thermal label

I have uploaded a USPS Priority Mail Zebra label thru Endicia

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled-1.jpg