Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:51 AM #41

/var/upgrade/upgrade_2.0.12-2.0.13.tgz/uc.sql

• 2tl
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:01 PM #42

Strange ! No Directory such as that.

It will be created automatically from uc.tzg after begining first step of updating.
Also there is uc.sql in uc.tgz

• Guest_angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:34 PM #43

I want to invite you to discuss various aspects of the product details page layout in the Product details page thread. We plan to improve it significantly in the nearest future and will be happy if you join the discussion.

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:54 PM #44

I still can't find the change log. I want to see what areas this update affects before I do the update. Can someone direct me to where I can find this information?

Thanks!!
Chris Edwards

• 2tl
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:55 PM #45

I still can't find the change log. I want to see what areas this update affects before I do the update. Can someone direct me to where I can find this information?

Thanks!!

https://www.cs-cart....ngelog2013.html

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:58 PM #46

Ahh, you are my hero! Thanks for the help!
Chris Edwards

• whiplash13
  • PM Extraordinaire
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:33 PM #47

After trial and error on my local environment, I finally updated my Live site. The changes to the Product Page were the most time consuming for me.
John
CS Cart 4.2.4

• vmajor
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:46 AM #48

Thank you brandonvd and Cs Cart for the prompt attention to the issues, however the thumbnail fix does not work - the CS Cart official one anyway.

The thumbnails on the "View Larger Image" view no longer appear. There is just a series of blank boxes.

I will try brandonvd's unofficial fix to see if that one works better.

I hate to beat the dead horse, but it would be nice if the truly basic functionality of CS cart is not broken by a "bux fix". It would be good if CS Cart developers test their changes on something other than a generic items in the CS Cart demo database.

It is obvious that the template code changes in 2.0.13 work largely OK with the "Basic" template on the demo server, however the "Basic" template and tiny generic images or generic products may no longer be representative of the products and templates that CS Cart users are actually using the software with...

V.

EDIT: brandonvd's solution works correctly - use that, but as he says, adjust the width to match the width of your product images.

• ymrz
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:59 AM #49

The thumbnails on the "View Larger Image" view no longer appear. There is just a series of blank boxes.

Mine is working without any modification. Check Here
Buku247.com
Indonesian Bookshop
Cheap Flash Component

• hyteckit
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:52 AM #50

I'm liking the new version. I'm currently running 2.0.8.

Just realize I can now turn off product tabs. Sweet. Less work for me when upgrading.
inkWOW.com - Printer ink and toner cartridges.
Cart Sidebox - Free CS-Cart 2.0 Addon for adding shopping cart to sidebar

• Guest_angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:22 AM #51

I discovered that the official thumbnail fix, which replaces a thumbnail carousel by a list of thumbnail images, contained an mistake. Now the text of the fix has been corrected. If you want to restore the former displaying of thumbnail images, please refer to this message http://forum.cs-cart...age=2#post78326. Please accept my apologies.

• RSW
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:09 PM #52

OK, I have tried the upgrade. (twice)

I had to check a few (4) customized files - no major conflicts there.
That corrected all visual problems extent on product details page, here it seems the upgrade not only changes the location of the above mentioned 'add to cart' and 'wishlist' links (which I actually prefer the new placement and could easily style them to be much better) but also changes the page structure rather much. Many of my specific CSS settings (using multiple classes to define the path) no longer worked. I dove in and adjusted a lot of code. One thing that I rather dislike is the moving of the product title... It really messed my design.
Anyway I adjusted things (css) till it was good.. I then proceeded to test.

I found that the java-script used to switch images on the product page wasn't working, however I was able to open the larger image... (the thumbnails below were messed-up, guess 1 last piece of my custom code I need to look at)

In any-case, I decided to revert. I can't risk there being any more issues since I wish to go live with my site in the next day or two. I just wanted to squeek in one last update.

Has anyone else come across a problem with the image switching JS?

I need to find a fix to that... I saved a copy of all my other changes so I should be able to do the upgrade again rather quickly.

ONE last thing... it would be great to get 'primarily a bug fix' type upgrades as a backend only update?
I mean do we have to work on the skins all the time? I haven't even launched yet and I have done 3 upgrades, everytime having to check my custom changes and adjust CSS.

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1572 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:49 PM #53

deleted post

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• whiplash13
  • PM Extraordinaire
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:11 PM #54

OK, I have tried the upgrade. (twice)

I had to check a few (4) customized files - no major conflicts there.
That corrected all visual problems extent on product details page, here it seems the upgrade not only changes the location of the above mentioned 'add to cart' and 'wishlist' links (which I actually prefer the new placement and could easily style them to be much better) but also changes the page structure rather much. Many of my specific CSS settings (using multiple classes to define the path) no longer worked. I dove in and adjusted a lot of code. One thing that I rather dislike is the moving of the product title... It really messed my design.
Anyway I adjusted things (css) till it was good.. I then proceeded to test.

I found that the java-script used to switch images on the product page wasn't working, however I was able to open the larger image... (the thumbnails below were messed-up, guess 1 last piece of my custom code I need to look at)

In any-case, I decided to revert. I can't risk there being any more issues since I wish to go live with my site in the next day or two. I just wanted to squeek in one last update.

Has anyone else come across a problem with the image switching JS?

I need to find a fix to that... I saved a copy of all my other changes so I should be able to do the upgrade again rather quickly.

ONE last thing... it would be great to get 'primarily a bug fix' type upgrades as a backend only update?
I mean do we have to work on the skins all the time? I haven't even launched yet and I have done 3 upgrades, everytime having to check my custom changes and adjust CSS.

I upgraded and I do not have an issue with the image switcher.
John
CS Cart 4.2.4

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:03 PM #55

Testing this version found every day a lot of new bugs.
This is a version similar to 2.0.9, forgetting and keeping away.

Where are your bug reports (I see only one)? Are you testing with or without your addons?

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1572 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:54 AM #56

Where are your bug reports (I see only one)? Are you testing with or without your addons?

Bob

Fresh installation

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• kocalka
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:24 PM #57

How can I move the product name back above the product image as it was in 2.0.12?

• btrials
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:48 PM #58

Here you will find the instructions on how to return the "add to cart" button to its old place:
http://forum.cs-cart...ew&vbug_id=1803

Thank you, this worked :) I was starting to panic! :mrgreen:

• ALEXsei_
  • Members
  • 1428 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:37 PM #59

None delivery of a zero-sum was not? типо Self? as
resolved the issue after the last update? ;)

• market
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:40 PM #60

http://cscart.uservo...time-?ref=title