CS 2.0.13 Wishlist

CS 2.0.12 Wishlist

=======================================

Order status for unregistered customers

Currently customers who checkout as guest (unregistered), have no way to check on the status of the order, this can be fixed very simply by hanging onto the shirt tails of the big boys like staples and newegg, example:

[url]Staples® Official Online Store

Banners Addon

Add search, saved search, pagination to admin side

Merge customer accounts

the ability to merge duplicate customer accounts in necessary

Guest into registered customer

the ability to turn a guest checkout into a registered customer after the order has been placed, this would be as simple as providing a checkbox on the customer’s detailed order page “create registered customer” which would send an auto generated password to the customer’s email, the customer can then login and change the password ect…

Add custom Review Attributes (Good, Fair, Poor ect…) so customers can also vote by the review attributes, the results should be displayed on customer reviews. Example:

[url]http://www.target.com/WOW-Toys-Flip-Tip-Fred/dp/B000F44PGQ/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=1KE5FVNG0CQHY5EBXQZN&pf_rd_p=445877301&pf_rd_i=5200&pf_rd_s=bottom-5&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101[/url]

Click the reviews tab, see customer review product attribute ratings: Durability, Fun, Educational, Overall ect…in addition the reviews need to be designed in a more professional layout as shown by the above example.

Add image captions (for all images, product, category, detailed, additional ect…)

Add “Was this review helpful?” to Reviews Addon (see posted example link above)

Global Tabs

Add global tabs functionality into products tabs

Are we supposed to add to this, or is this your personal wishlist? :slight_smile:

My 2.0.12 Wish List?

1. Extensive code review and testing before release :wink:

2. Fix the various minor quirks

3. Stop assuming everyone is DSO and put in code switches to detect

and account for the different PHP server types out there.

Do these and I (and probably everyone else around here) will be very happy! :smiley:

We need the product url data field for data feeds please!! It would be great to choose between SEO friendly and product ID # outputs.

[quote]Global Tabs

Add global tabs functionality into products tabs[/quote]+9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

1. No Invoices generated for failed transactions and no stock decreased
  2. Ability to issue Credit Notes
  3. Ability to create Purchase orders based on min qty factor.

I had a dream!

[quote name=‘Noman’]1. No Invoices generated for failed transactions and no stock decreased

I had a dream![/QUOTE]

(+)

Also one and most important thing SEO!

Allow robots to index only products, pages, news, categories with no links like “&features_hash=”, currencies and other…

quote name=‘Darius’

Allow robots to index only products, pages, news, categories with no links like “&features_hash=”, currencies and other…[/QUOTE]

I agree! And i think first CS-CART Should have a Version without BUGS and after it more addons.!

I agree with Triplex:

I would like to see:

Security

Stability

Bug Fixes

upgradability

Then new features.

Need a period of time without all the mini-upgrades.

Bob

[quote name=‘Triplex’]I agree! And i think first CS-CART Should have a Version without BUGS and after it more addons.![/QUOTE]

Well new addons, means more bugs, skin, core changes and so on…

I like to see plain stable cart, does what it meant to generate sales. All additions must be optional…

Now cart gets bloated with mods to suite every single request…

Yes absolutly right!

What brings a cart with many addons and mods but with many bugs too. And the SEO Problem we have now a long time, and the Shopowner dont understand that they get with it a lot of problems.

I think on basic the cart must work with the actually version, but it have a lot of bugs,

PLEASE FIX FIRST OF ALL; ALL BUGS!

quote name=‘Darius’

Allow robots to index only products, pages, news, categories with no links like “&features_hash=”, currencies and other…[/QUOTE]

Why don’t you just put something like “Disallow: /index.php?” in your robots.txt file?

[quote name=‘Noman’]

[/QUOTE]

I don’t understand why so many shopping carts don’t provide this functionality. Ugh!

I´ve create a poll with a few important questions

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=14990[/url]

PS: I send Cs-Cart Dev-Team the Poll to see what they mean. I hope they respond positive and made what User wish.

Bring back manufacturers- There. I wasted some more screen ink on asking for this again.

[quote name=‘modernm’]Why don’t you just put something like “Disallow: /index.php?” in your robots.txt file?[/QUOTE]

I have.

But how can it block link like

[url]http://www.domain.com/category/?subcats=Y&features_hash=P24[/url]

There should be only one way of accessing content in cart.

For example

[url]http://www.domain.com/category/?subcats=Y&features_hash=P1[/url] to P100

accesses same products already available in

[url]http://www.domain.com/category/[/url]

[url]http://www.domain.com/category/page-2/[/url]

or

[url]http://www.domain.com/category/subcategory/[/url]

[url]http://www.domain.com/category/subcategory/page-2/[/url]

so ?subcats=Y&features_hash= robot should not see.

I’m firmly in the fix the problems first camp.

All the new features are desirable, but I’d rather see 2.12 be completely absent of any new features, but stable … all existing bugs and issues worked out as completely as possible before release and before adding new features and the bugs they will inevitably bring.

Once a version is finally deemed stable, then add the new features one at a time, and any code changes required to make them stable. Constant new feature adds is keeping this cart in an unstable limbo.

I’ll do with out the new stuff until the existing stuff is competely reliable.

I’m also concerned about bloat and the slow-down those can bring, so making all features addons is preferable.

My one strong wish beyond getting the bugs worked out (and I haven’t reviewed the latest additions) is functional backorder management.

[quote name=‘arlen’]I’m also concerned about bloat and the slow-down those can bring, so making all features addons is preferable.[/QUOTE]

Arlen, you just made a very excellent point that is actually too often forgotten …

One of the reasons for extensive code testing is not just to work out the bugs and security issues but also to test the code against different environments and see how it performs under different environments and conditions.

In example, a piece of code that might work wonderfully under a stripped down test system all alone by itself might possibly not work so well on a production shared hosting server somewhere with a couple hundred hosting accounts being served from it and that is something that any program author needs to find out before releasing anything for public use.

[quote name=‘Noman’]1. No Invoices generated for failed transactions and no stock decreased

I had a dream![/QUOTE]

2. Ability to create credit not and also view credit notes and also link credit notes to an invoice

Charge CC for Open orders.

When Maxmind trips a flag above the threshold you have set for distance, it changes the order status to “Open” instead of a succesful transaction, which changes the status to “Processed”.

The Processed status charges the credit card, while the Open status does not. While its a good idea to scrutinize orders that are out of distance, there are sometimes good reasons for the distance issue, such as a corporate office ordering for a remote office all the way across the country.

What I think should happen is that the Credit card should get charged if the issuer accepts it, even with open orders (not with failed or declined of course) and it would be up to the shop owner to change it to processed and ship the order, without having to try and process the payment manually after the fact.