ZIP Files Corrupt On Download - Suggestions?

I have not had any issues with downloads before upgrading to the latest CS-Cart about a month ago. I upgraded from 2.0.x to 2.2.4. My server php timeout exec is 10 minutes and in the .htaccess of cs-cart gzip is turned off, and to double verify that it is off my web host has turned off all gzip execution as well on the whole server.

I have not found a reason or rhyme to trouble shoot this yet. My files range from 50mb to 150mb. For instance, somebody had an issue last night downloading their zip file, it was corrupt and they were not able to open it. So I created a special folder outside of CS-Cart for them to download this 120mb file… it took them 2min 4secs… far cry from the 10 min timeout in php… can’t be a timeout thing.

I can always give people a download folder outside of CS-Cart php and they get the same .zip file without any problems at all…but from within CS-Cart download links…no…

Like I said…there has been no reason or rhyme… some people have downloaded the same .zip file with zero problems from the CS-Cart and others have not been able to… it has been about 50/50 for people successfully downloading zip files that are not corrupt.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. Gary

You need to increase php max memory. I think the entire file is loaded into memory before downloading.

[quote name=‘kogi’ timestamp=‘1332554870’ post=‘133695’]

You need to increase php max memory. I think the entire file is loaded into memory before downloading.

[/quote]

This is the setting in the config.local php file…so it can’t be that can it?. Thank you for your suggestion though :) Gary

// Set maximum memory limit

@ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘256M’);

Could be, Since if a file is 150mb. 2 people downloading 2 different files means it's using 300mb.

Is there anything in your error logs?

CS-Cart's own settings do not override the servers, ask your system administrator to fix this for you.

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1332640507' post='133749']

CS-Cart's own settings do not override the servers, ask your system administrator to fix this for you.

[/quote]

Thank you Jesse for the suggestion. I will mention it to my server, but I believe I know the answer is “nothing has changed” with the server. But, there can always be that small possibility something has changed somewhere. This download problem started after my upgrade from [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]2.0.x to 2.2.4…[/font][/color]

So if downloads are loaded into PHP memory then is there a limit with that memory amount that is allocated to it? I assume the web host is the one who sets it. Thank you again for the assistance. Gary

[quote name='kogi' timestamp='1332554870' post='133695']

[/quote]

My webhost today told me the php memory is not used for loading the file for download… they did up it from 128 to 256mb just to see if that helped, but they said it may not make any difference.

Any other ideas? Thanks. Gary

was there ever a solution for this because I am having the same problem with 4.2