Zero Stock Items Can Still Be Added To Cart

Hope someone may help, as I've searched for the answer and still having an issue.

I'm now running V4.3.5 and some products with zero stock can still be added to the cart and purchased. My only way around at the moment is to move the price to zero or disable the product.

I have inventory tracking on and it doesn't matter what I try I can't get the 'Add to Cart' button to disappear like it used to on my previous store.

No matter what the value is of 'Allow negative mount in inventory' is either it does the same. I've tried turning options off/on, deleting cache etc., and also disabled/enabled inventory from the 'All Stores' as well as the individual store but can't get the products with zero stock to function correctly.

I've even played with the 'None' 'Buy in Advance' 'Sign up for Notification' but nothing seems to make a difference.

I often have one-off special offers on the website and don't want more than 1 person being able to purchase it.

Anyone had anything similar?

Thanks, Paul.

Hope someone may help, as I've searched for the answer and still having an issue.

I'm now running V4.3.5 and some products with zero stock can still be added to the cart and purchased. My only way around at the moment is to move the price to zero or disable the product.

I have inventory tracking on and it doesn't matter what I try I can't get the 'Add to Cart' button to disappear like it used to on my previous store.

No matter what the value is of 'Allow negative mount in inventory' is either it does the same. I've tried turning options off/on, deleting cache etc., and also disabled/enabled inventory from the 'All Stores' as well as the individual store but can't get the products with zero stock to function correctly.

I've even played with the 'None' 'Buy in Advance' 'Sign up for Notification' but nothing seems to make a difference.

I often have one-off special offers on the website and don't want more than 1 person being able to purchase it.

Anyone had anything similar?

Thanks, Paul.

what do you have under out of stock actions in product settings and check settings general under catalog second check box for negative inventory

On the product I'm testing with, the 'Out of stock actions' is currently set to 'None'. In the Catalog under Settings: General 'Allow negative amount in inventory:' is unchecked.

In Admin/Settings/General

I have attached an image of my settings that work for me hope this helps

out of stock.jpg

out of stock 2.jpg

In Admin/Settings/General

I have attached an image of my settings that work for me hope this helps

Please make sure that the "Downloadable" option in the product settings is disabled.

If this does not help, please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Hi pheritage,

check one last option in product update page, Inventory- it's value should be track with/without option.

it's value should not be DO NOT TRACK.

Please confirm first that.

Himanshu

Thanks for the responses, everything looks okay but not functioning correctly. Will log a support ticket.

Thanks, Paul.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG